Sunday, May 2, 2010

Playing Catch Up!

Last week Preston had a little Spring Fair at the school.  His new fave obsession is bounce houses.  The younger kids jumped for awhile but it was taken over by the bigger kids from the elementary school.  Preston begged me pretty much every five minutes for another chance to bounce.  At one point (my future lawyer) said, “Mommy, I can bounce with the bigger kids.  I won’t die.”  That was his convincing argument. It was so funny I couldn’t stop laughing for a while after that. How does one distract?  A Spongebob ice cream.  He also played the cake walk since his teacher Miss Kim was running it and won four cupcakes (my kid needs to start winning money not treats).  He also is so excited he can ride all the bikes on the playground now!

IMG_3674

Last weekend also marked the beginning of another season of the Short Pump Mall Train and Mommy squeezing into a very small car.  The only saving grace are all the other parents on the ride-we can all look ridiculous together. 

IMG_3684

Tuesday was school picture day and Emily will understand the following: On the menu that day at school was spaghetti and meatballs.  Preston is in a new outfit.  Are you guys understanding the dilemma?  Solution?  Only kid in the school who brought a change of clothes for after pictures.  Here are some pictures from before school-excuse the few “spots” it’s water from me fighting with Preston’s awesome cowlick.

IMG_3705

IMG_3706

Friday was my father’s birthday so of course Preston baked a cake.  Because my dad is a Met fan and surprisingly they are in first place, I decorated the cake with blue and orange dots.

IMG_3716

I love this time of year.  My parents’ garden looks amazing and it’s a great time to take pics of the flowers. Have a great week everyone!

IMG_3724

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

Kim you crack me up! That's so clever to send an extra change of clothes...never would have thought of that! :) Cute pics as always! Love this guy!

Unknown said...

Spaghetti and meatballs?? Oh my word. What were they thinking?? See, I have a bit of an edge, because my kid goes to school with his grandmother right in the same building, so she keeps the school picture day clothes hanging in the office until it's actually picture time! Crazy, yes, but you understand! Preston looks so handsome in his outfit - I can't wait to see that picture! I am so impressed with his bike-riding skills! Seamus needs to step it up. Oh, as far as baseball practice - Devon and Seamus play regular ol' catch ALL THE TIME. He practices batting off a tee, with a lightweight bat, with occasional pitching. The tee has helped him understand what it's like to connect with the ball. Little league has been a challenge, with a much heavier bat, plus a big batting helmet and a lot of running, but so far he has been doing great. Is there a t-ball league that Pres will play in?

Destini said...

What a cutie! Love the picture outfit, and I also so totally would have sent a change of clothes. That train looks totally fun, although I think I'd go with the 4 year olds are big enough to ride along argument. Way to go on riding all the bikes! We're hoping that Trace can reach and pedal a lot better in a few weeks!

Unknown said...

What's this, future lawyer? Thought you wanted Pres to be a future doctor. I simply can't get enough of Preston!! Whether he is stained from spaghetti and meatballs...he's still a cutie. Didn't know your dad was a Mets fan. Must be some interesting talk during inter league games.

caitlin said...

come on he always has good arguments "inflation nation is not a toy" lol he totally won that round kim lol...pictures are adorable as always and i cant wait for his school picture that outfit is ridic.

The Wymers said...

Spaghetti on picture day?! Seriously! Gee, that was thought out completely, wasn't it?! LOL! Smart move on the extra clothes! The dude is looking as spiffy as ever in his pics, Nikki would have totally ridden the train with him all day long!

Caden and Mommy said...

Love the cuteness in all of these pictures ... the train one is my favorite! I love that cheeseburger smile!!!

Michelle said...

Oh my Gosh!!! Preston is so very handsome:-). Max has the same sweater vest and my Aiden has the one with blue and yellow argyle. They wore them on Easter. :-). I agree about the lunchroom choice for the day! Too funny!

Greene Family said...

Love the pictures of your handsome boy!! What a lucky boy . . . you definitely need him to start playing the mega millions! :) How exciting that he can ride all of the bikes on the playground now!
Spaghetti and meatballs on picture day! Whoever decided on the menu for that day must not have kids. Preston looks SO handsome for picture day! Ahh, the cowlick . . . we fight it on a daily basis too and refer to it as the hurricane.
Happy Belated Birthday to your dad! I love that Preston loves to bake for everyone! I'm guessing he'll be baking again this weekend?!

jodijojo said...

Preston is so cute!!!!