Sunday, May 30, 2010

Dutch Wonderland/Hershey Weekend

First and foremost a heartfelt thank you to Jenn Greene for organizing this trip.  It was so thoughtful of her to get all the information, collect all the money, get the tickets, get the meal information and be the liaison for the entire weekend.  So Jenn, thank you!  What a weekend!  I think the kids had an amazing time (as did the parents).  I think it may be best to let the pictures speak for themselves!

IMG_3928

Here are the boys eagerly awaiting their fine cuisine!

IMG_3934

Preston’s favorite part of the trip-the train ride!

IMG_3947

“Driving” his log boat!

IMG_3949

Here is Pres and I in front of the “spinning house.”  The house spins, you don’t and this is the one ride all my siblings remembered from when we first went to Dutch Wonderland when were were children.  Preston thoroughly enjoyed this illusion, mommy has gained a stomach that can no longer handle these types of “rides.”  After he insisted on the motion rocket ship and I spent the ride with my eyes closed I was done with anything with potential to make me dizzy.

IMG_3956

Preston and Seamus loving the bulldozer ride.  Fred (Ethan’s dad) and I totally believed this was the lamest ride in the park but all the kids thought this was super cool.

IMG_3971

IMG_3983

Preston was impressed with the pony.  Destini reminded him that he could do this in West Virginia for free! We may have to pay the Davis family a visit!

 

IMG_3991

This was the reaction we got after a long day of putting cameras in their faces.  I guess it serves us right. 

IMG_3992

Preston chilling at our hotel after a long day! 

IMG_4001

Today was Hershey Chocolate World Tour!

IMG_4008

The Mommy picture!  We all rock!

IMG_4006

How great was Trace to allow all the kids to play with his trucks? let me tell you about a certain kid that may not have been so willing…..

IMG_4018

On the chocolate tour ride.

IMG_4021

IMG_4022

IMG_4024

We had a great weekend!  More pics to come on Facebook!!!!

15 comments:

Yiannakis Family said...

Wow, Chocolate World looks awesome. So sorry we missed that part, but had an absolutely fabulous time at Dutch Wonderland. Love all the pictures and especially the one of the three boys in the pool chairs. The silly faces are priceless!

Jennifer said...

OMG! OMG! OMG! I cannot stand the overabundance of cuteness! What a great trip. I am also so jealous that I can't even think straight! I so wish we were closer and Owen could have been part of the group! Definitely another time.

Melissa Swartley said...

We had such an awesome time with everyone! Wish we had more time in our two days! Great pictures! I can't wait to do this again!!!

Jaime said...

What an awesome weekend!! The pictures of all the kids together are the cutest. Can't decide which picture is my favorite, kinda like the "get the camera out of our faces" one. Brings a smile to my face. Wish we lived closer to join in on the next get together.

Caden and Mommy said...

First and foremost ... I am jealous! What a FUN opportunity for the boys! I told Dan next time I'm flying across the country to join the fun :0) He looked at me like I was crazy,little does he know, I just may be serious! I have yet to find any LP's near us Caden's age. These memories are wonderful for the kids.
I love all the pictures, the mommy pic (jealous again), and my favorite one is Ethan, Seamus and Pres with their funny faces! Chocolate world looks yummy! Kudos to Jenn Greene! Glad you guys had a great time!!!

Unknown said...

Yay, it was so much fun! These boys are just too funny together! Everyone crashed last night after the busy weekend, but it was so worth it. It would be great to make this a yearly tradition!

mel said...

wow what a great weekend. i mean, preston had a much better weekend ahead in the ole rva in a lampless room with a few toys strewn about. it was tough call to make.

Unknown said...

Great pictures Kim! I don't do spinny rides either. Aidan's fav would be the train ride too! You all looked awesome....wished we lived closer!

Kasia and Amelia said...

I love your post and all the pictures! You did great! I love the one with the boys making faces, toooo funny! Great fun with the pony! I am so jealous (that's not funny) but also hoping to see you and others next time during the East Coast POLPs gathering :-)

Destini said...

It was so great to finally meet you guys! Preston is even more charming in person! Can't wait to see you guys again - John and I were talking about maybe going to Williamsburg this fall??

The Wymers said...

So, this is me being all jealous - it looks like you guys had a great time...makes me wish we lived closer so we could've gone too! Love the pics, thanks for sharing!

Tinka said...

I loved all the pictures (especially the boys making silly faces)! They are so precious! I hope there were no breakdowns, only happy smiling faces the entire time. I think it was really cool to have this trip for both parents and kids. I'm glad you got to get away for a fun filled weekend, Kim!

Anonymous said...

Those boys are just way too cute together! Sorry Parker was being a punk and not socializing with everyone. He only had trains on his mind.

It was great seeing you this weekend!

Lisa said...

What an awesome time!!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you may be able to be in NY when we're there...but I'm guessing that things have been so crazy for you, it might be too much. Keep me posted!

Greene Family said...

It was my pleasure - I was happy to help organize the trip! I'm so glad that everyone had so much fun! It was so great to meet you and the adorable Preston in person! Love the pictures you got!! Preston, Seamus, Grace, Ethan, and Collin are too much together - so cute! Love the picture of the boys on the lounge chairs! Hopefully, we'll have more time to chat at our next get together! I still owe Preston a bunch of hugs too! :)