Sunday, May 23, 2010

Preston and Mommy’s Date Weekend

My parents were at their apartment in NYC this weekend so that left Preston and Mommy alone since Thursday night. Thursday night was McDonald’s night (because they were giving away Shrek toys in the Happy Meal). I just have to pause here to show you some earlier in the week photos. Here is Pres in his glow in the dark dinosaur shirt from Grandma. Obviously, from the new signature thumb’s up, he thinks it is pretty cool.

IMG_3825

Has anyone seen the new CarMax commercials with the animals that are watching television and when the deal for CarMax comes on the animals turn to the audience and make a surprised face? Well Preston thinks all things animals are hilarious and here is his impression of the monkey getting a great deal at Car Max:

IMG_3832

He also wore his new shirt from Cousin Caitlin on Friday to school and thought himself super duper cool:

IMG_3851

Friday night was Friendly’s. Preston was even more excited because halfway through his meal he realized his friend Keigan from school was also dining here and well, how cool is that when you are four? Saturday was a really fun day. We decided to finally go see How to Train Your Dragon. I figured with Shrek just opening we would have the theatre all to ourselves and I was right (minus three other people). I also learned after the afternoon show and the nodding off, to take Pres to the first show of the day. Which also works that I am not paying $11 to watch a cartoon movie. I have to say it was a really cute movie and I explained the moral of the story to Pres, even though he did understand all that was going on, besides fire breathing dragons. I was told however he’d like to see Shrek soon (as do I). We also snuck in his gummy worms as the ones at the theatre are $7 for four of them. He told me to make sure they were hidden in my pocketbook and completely zipped up! (Too much).

Later we made a quick stop at the mall to see if we could get a blazer I saw in Janie & Jack for my cousin’s wedding but they did not have his size. So what did we do----ride the train! Pres loves the caboose but a little girl wanted it, so he graciously gave up the caboose for a coach car (pretty miraculous-I was waiting for the breakdown).

IMG_3862

Last night before bed we read stories and played with his animal puppets putting on a show. Today we had breakfast together and then watched our fine friend in Radiator Springs (Cars). Then it was his friend Ivy’s birthday party. There was a magician and the kids had a really great time. He is currently passed out from all the excitement, but it is almost dinner time. Because of privacy issues I leave you with pictures taken before the party of just Preston!

IMG_3863

IMG_3866

He has such a gorgeous profile! I love it! My little love bug!

And a very Happy Anniversary to my parents and Chris & Anna!!!! Many more happy years together!

11 comments:

Lisa said...

AWESOME pictures as always. Sounds like a fabulous weekend. Love the profile shot too!

Jaime said...

What a fun weekend you two had! I have to admit that we've never taken Caitlyn to the movies - for several reasons - the main one being that she can't watch a full length disney movie at home. Why would I want to spend that outrageous amount of money when I know that she's not going to make it all the way through. Several of the local movie theaters offer free movies during the summer for kids, so maybe we'll try it.

As always, LOVE seeing pictures of Pres! The last one is my new favorite!!

caitlin said...

i also think Pres looks super duper cool in his Tony the Tiger shirt lol. even will thought he looked cute when i showed him the picture. it sounds like you guys had a great weekend =). and for the wedding id say that he goes in PJs its not like its going to be classy they have a party bus (instead of limo) for god sakes lol

Destini said...

So I heard like 50 times this weekend "Shrek is at the movies". Guess we'll be paying the bucks to see the green ogre soon too! Sounds like a fanastic weekend, and you are oh so correct - Preston has a gorgeous profile!

The Wymers said...

It's so nice to hear that Kylie isn't the only one freaking out that Shrek is at the movies and that we NEED to go see Shrek. Nikki doesn't care about the green guy so much, she wants to go see Toy Story 3. Never mind she can't sit through the whole thing. LOL!

Sounds like you two had an awesome weekend - I'm slightly jealous, mine wasn't nearly as exciting! I especially love that last picture of Preston ... way too freaking cute!

Unknown said...

What a perfect date weekend! Seamus loved the dragon movie too, and talk about morals....I tried to get him in for free by saying he was 3, and he yanks on my shirt and says, "Mommy, I'm 4! Did you forget?" Haha! Serves me right! We have a drive-in nearby so that is always fun for the kids, and Shrek is next on our list! Love the pictures as always!!

Unknown said...

We'll be seeing Shrek and then probably Toy Story 3. What a super date he makes! I must say I am very impressed by how gentlemanly he was to give up the caboose for the little girl.

Greene Family said...

It sounds like a perfect date weekend! Preston is awesome and so handsome!! I love his signature thumbs up, and I'm cracking up over his impression of the monkey getting a great deal! Too funny! What a sweetheart to give up the caboose for the little girl! I LOVE that profile picture!
I would like to take Simon to see Shrek, but I have a feeling we'll end up waiting until it comes out on DVD to see it. I think he would love going to the theater, but I'm not sure that he would make it through the movie yet.
Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!! I hope you have warned Preston about Simon's crazy mommy that is going to want to give him lots of hugs!

Melissa Swartley said...

Theater concession stand prices are out of control! Seriously, since when is it ok to charge the price of an appetizer in a restaurant for 4 gummy worms/! Ridiculous! What a gentleman Preston is! Giving his caboose seat up to a litlle girl! How sweet! Love all the pic's! Sounds like you all had an awesome weekend!!! Happy Anniversary to your mom and dad!

Maeve said...

OMG... I love his car max impression.... I can't wait to see you all in a few weeks!!! xo

Caden and Mommy said...

Yeah for a fun Mommy & son date weekend. Those are the best :0) I love Preston's car max impression face, he is too silly! We are looking forward to Toy Story 3 coming out ... that will be Caden's first movie adventure.