Thursday, May 6, 2010

Another Birthday and a Wedding

Yet another year older…me.  Wedding…not me.  First off, I celebrated my birthday Tuesday.  Look at my son’s card!

IMG_3728

Have to love the flip flips and the Spider Man sticker.  My mother put a bag of goodies together for me from Preston and when I thanked him he told me, “I didn’t get it. Grandma bought it.”  (This Melisa K. is why Preston I feel is on track to be a lawyer not a doctor as I was hoping).  My assistant made me this cake!

Cake 1 Cake 3

A few weeks ago the honour of our presence was requested at the union of Q & U. This is a program called Q&U’s Wedding and was exclusive to the Montessori program this year.  Preston was the letter P and I received his lines, “My gift to you is the letter P and its sound.  P is for pizza, P is for pan, P is for pencils in my can.”  Easy enough.  I’ll practice with him every morning until he is completely perfect. My mother even bribed him with a toy.  But then there was a pink piece of paper attached announcing to the parents that a costume would need to be MADE in accordance with the lines.

Now, I have admitted that when I walk into Michael’s/Ben Franklin’s /overwhelming craft store, I start to shake.  I never feel more like a failure than being amongst markers, beads, wood pieces, paint and pom poms and having no idea what to do.  If you have not guessed, “Ms. Type-A-Always-in-Control” was having a virtual meltdown.  Emily saved my life.  I remembered the P shirt SHE SEWED for Preston for his birthday. That’s right SEWED herself! THANK YOU EMILY!  Then I got a pizza box, a pan and a can decorated with “P”s with pencils. That was as creative as it got.  Miss Kim called me at work yesterday and asked if I minded if Preston wore a hat with the pizza box on his head?  You can imagine that at this point, an e-mail was immediately shot off to Mel along the lines of, “I can’t even that Pres is wearing a pizza box on his head tomorrow!!!  He will look beyond ridic in cuteness.” Needless to say I was excited about the pizza box on the head.  Here are some of the pics from this event.  I will have you know my son did FANTASTIC!  Lines were done perfect, into the microphone with clarity, very slow.  Mommy had a LOT of tears in her eyes.

IMG_3751 IMG_3747

IMG_3753 IMG_3748

IMG_3764

IMG_3766

IMG_3770

IMG_3774

IMG_3752

IMG_3750

10 comments:

marrah said...

too cute. love that letter "P"...

Caden and Mommy said...

OH MY GOODNESS, Does it get cuter then this? I love Preston's "p" props, you did good Mom! Too bad you don't have it on video. I love Preston's honesty with the gifts from him (Granmda) too cute!

Unknown said...

Oh my...there are just no words for this cuteness! I love it! The cake and guestbook and everything...too much! The pizza box hat tops it all though - He looks so awesome! So glad that the P shirt came to the rescue.

Unknown said...

A lawyer he is. Pres would be good at anything he touches though! Emily did a great job on the P shirt. He has beautiful writing! He is just too cute for words!

jodijojo said...

So handsome.... beyond cute! it's... it's... cute overload!! look forward to meeting you guys in Nashville hopefully. :)

Cheryl said...

Oh my gosh... pizza box head!!! Love him!!!!! That is so unbelievably adorable, and the look on his face, you can tell how ecstatic he is that he's donning a pizza box! Love it. Love YOU GUYS!

Melissa Swartley said...

OMG! Over the top cuteness! I almost can't take it! I think you did an awesome job with the costume Kim! Love the pizza box hat! Happy birthday to the proud and beautiful mama!

Destini said...

Oh my, so cute! First, Happy Birthday to you! Second, what an awesome preschool, seriously. Third, Preston is the most adorable P ever. Ever.

The Wymers said...

Love the birthday cake - way too stinkin cute...but it's not even close to as cute as Preston all dolled up in his P shirt with the pizza box on his head! That's just beyond words as far as cutenes goes!

Oh - and I think it's pretty cool that my anti-spammer word is "small" for this post too... :O)

Greene Family said...

Oh my goodness! Preston is just beyond cute!! You should be proud of your craftiness with Preston's "P" props! His school is awesome!
It sounds like you had a great birthday! I love how Preston had to balance the flip flops sticker with Spider Man! Cracking up over "Grandma bought it" though! Such an honest little man!