Sunday, May 16, 2010

Pass the Catch Up!

All I have been doing lately is playing catch up.  Once Idol is done I can go back to updating about things when they happen. This is going to basically be a post in pictures!  Last weekend our family all participated in the Susan Komen Run in Richmond.  It was a 5K.  Katie ran it and the rest of us walked it.  Our neighborhood sponsors a team each year.  My grandmother had breast cancer along with several friends.  Watching the massive turnout (about nine thousand) was actually overwhelming and emotional.  We had not even crossed the starting line when the winner was crossing the finish line!

IMG_3778

IMG_3779

IMG_3787

Last Sunday was Mother’s Day.  We went to a late lunch in Williamsburg.  It was a gorgeous day and so nice to spend with Mom.  It was awesome that my sister was down for the weekend as well.

IMG_3802

I still cannot stop taking pictures of Preston when he is all decked out to go to school in the morning:

IMG_3813

This week my son amazed me after I sliced a huge chunk of skin off my finger in a freak accident with the dishwasher (I am not exactly sure what my finger even caught on)!  There was a lot of blood but instead of getting upset, he went into crisis mode, tearing up the stairs as fast as his legs could take him screaming, “ Hold on! I’m getting the Band Aids!”  He then fetched some Neosporin with my mother and gave it a kiss to make it heal.  I was impressed he did not get scared or upset, but just…reacted!

My parents’ backyard looks phenomenal!  I love taking pics of Preston outside as well, although after a few shots the dude became slightly silly!

IMG_3815

IMG_3820

IMG_3822

IMG_3823

10 comments:

Destini said...

Way to go with the 5K, especially Katie for running! Sounds like a wonderful mother's day, and I'm thinking Trace would go with "wow, cool, blood" and watch my bleed instead of springing into action to help! Plus, we can't keep band aids in this house, the kids waste them all! Your parents' house is so beautiful, love the lil' dude in the backyard! See ya in 2 weeks!

Alex said...

It's so great that you did that 5k to support the cause! When I ran the Make a Wish 5k, it was packed too! It feels wonderful to be active for a good cause!
Oh and of course Mr Preston is as cute as ever!!!

Jaime said...

Such a great cause. I've done the Komen walk before but haven't in the past 2 years, maybe I'll get back next year.

Loving the pictures of Pres - especially the funny face one! :-)

Unknown said...

Katie is awesome for running. I need to get out there and do the Komen but I won't be running. Love Preston's goofiness as well s the green crocs which reminds me that I need to look for more crocs for Aidan.

Unknown said...

Love that goofy face! So cute! Great job all of you on the Susan Komen Run - doesn't it feel so good to participate in such a great event? My kids for some reason think it's awesome when anybody has a boo-boo, particularly if it was bad enough for a band-aid. They always ask, "Was there blood? Cool!" Sickos!

Melissa Swartley said...

Great job doing the 5K!!! I always have wanted to participate! Maybe next year in Philly! Way to go Preston! Future doctor on your hands maybe? Oh my gosh, he is such a ham for the camera! Love the silly face! :)

Greene Family said...

That's awesome that you all ran/walked the 5k together for a great cause! Love Preston's thumbs up picture!
I'm so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day! You are an amazing mom!
Your parents have a beautiful home and you have a perfect little model! I love Preston's silly picture!
Can't wait to meet you guys in less than 2 weeks!!

mel said...

I love that pres is becoming suck a goofball. And hes funny, so he will appreciate our humor down the line as he grows and matures. Maybe then he can teach his dad to lighten up a little bit.

Tinka said...

Thanks for including me in the race with you guys! It was a very nice turnout and great day for a run/walk.

The pictures of the Little Man are awesome. I love the silly ones!

Sorry about your dishwasher accident. I hope everything is all healed now!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

That picture of P with the "thumbs up" is priceless!!!!! He is such a handsome little dude...I really wish I was getting to "meet" y'all this year!!!!