Tuesday, April 27, 2010

American Idol-Week 7

Shania Twain night. I have to admit I did not even know half of the songs picked. This must have been an extremely hard night for Kara who could not remind the world how she wrote "conveniently" 3/4 of the songs sung on the show. Not tonight loser Kara!
I had some issues tonight with Randy's choice of cardigan. I am a big fan of the cardigan. I've expressed this sentiment, but tonight I swear Randy's sweater looked like something worn by a NYC cab driver. A sweater like that can only be purchased in some shady store off West 34th Street behind Penn Station that does not even have a sign other than yellow Xeroxed pieces of paper in the window advertising Men's Suit 2 for $50. (A NY'er will totally understand this). These are the same stores that are gone within a week only to be replaced by a store that sells luggage, cameras and Statute of Liberty snow globes. Second, I am now starting to get slightly perturbed with that beaded necklace he wears. It looks like a lanyard you would see holding glasses around a geriatric patient's neck at a nursing home. It could have been a gift from his kid which could be the only logical explanation for wearing such a God awful necklace. Speaking of God awful ostentatious necklaces, Kara obviously raided Evander Holyfield's closet and stole his championship belt and decided to don it around her neck. I also noticed tonight was the first time I believe I saw a wedding ring on her finger. I guess she feels wearing 14 carats of bling around her left ring finger will show the world that she really isn't a dog in heat around Simon.

Lee- started the show tonight and did a fabulous job with "Still the One." I believe he is still the one to beat in the competition. He has a great voice and I truly don't have anything else to say because, well you guys all know he is my favorite and I'm not changing my mind.

Big Mike- Getting a little tired of Big Mike. He's not Aaron Neville. He's not Luther Vandross. Now I will admit, I am not the biggest R&B fan. I kind of find that music a little boring, but I appreciate it and I am sorry but I don't equate him with the likes of Luther and Aaron. (And on a side note, Katie does a bitchin' impression of Aaron Neville. I really need to YouTube it because it is hysterical. She'll be visiting soon and I am going to make her do it)! I also hate when the singers sit on the stairs. As I think I said last season, when I see those stairs, I see Frankie Avalon in Grease singing "Beauty School Drop Out." This song also had Shania crying-I'm hoping like me she was crying out of sheer boredom.

Casey-Oh Casey James. How I envy your hair. Casey has the hair I so desperately want. He has the color I pay top dollar for...every seven weeks. He has the curl to his hair that I long for on humid summer days when I don't want to blow dry; but alas, if left to an air dry, my hair resembles a matted golden retriever. I think that Casey would make a very successful country star-these days you need to be hot and sing decent-he fits the bill.

Crystal-When Ryan was first talking to Shania at the beginning of the show, I commented to my mother how her teeth have definitely been redone. Most celebs and Hollywood peeps have had caps put on their teeth. Because let's be honest, no one has perfectly white, perfectly even sized teeth. I found it ironic that Ryan mentioned Shania's gorgeous teeth when Crystal may not have a full set. Crystal did not bring her A game tonight, despite lugging her "magic" carpet and wearing a peacock from her ear lobe. It's also time to mention that Kara this season has repeatedly said to a contestant, "I agree with the guys." Not, "these guys" which could encompass acceptably the male and female, that is Randy and Ellen. No, she classifies Ellen as a guy. One day I would like Portia DeRossi to knock Kara out. Tonight would have been a good night for that because after she knocked out Kara, she could have stolen the necklace and hoisted it above her head.

Aaron-Here is what is annoying me about Aaron-he's not annoying me. Normally every young teeny bopper singer drives me batty, David Archa-loser, the Kevin guy that they called Chicken Little, Little Bow Wow, Hansen, Kris Kross, ABC, pretty much every singer where if they hit puberty it's questionable. But Aaron doesn't bother me. I like him. And I think it is the maturity. And when he said he sang it for his mother (while stupid Kara was insulting his lack of love life), I almost teared up too. Rock on Aaron...rock the hell on.

Siobhan-I think she has run her course with me. My mother is right, she has not achieved star power to be walking around the audience. And furthermore my mother and I are trying to figure out if her tattoo is of Mary Poppins and if so, why? I think her wanting to be the female Adam Lambert has gone too far and now she is just plain annoying.
On that "note" my pick to go home is Siobhan.

7 comments:

Destini said...

Okay, I don't really watch AI (I'm kinda over it) but my husband does. I happened to be in the kitchen loading the dishwasher last night and he was in the adjacent living room watching. Siobahan came on after about 45 seconds I looked at John and said "Who is that, she sucks. She is totally butchering this song" and he agreed. Then the judges were all over it??? Again, I'm AI deficient, but I'm with ya, she's gotta go.

Anonymous said...

As usual, I am cracking up at your post. Specifically the reference to a "matted golden retriever" is hysterical and Crystal wearing a "peacock from her ear lobe." You are too funny Kim! I totally caught the mention from Ryan of Shania's teeth and it was one of those embaressing moments I have sometimes while watching TV that I wanted to hide under a blanket. With ya on the Kara "agreeing with the guys." Pisses me off every time she says that. Good call about Portia knocking her out, would be a classic!

Casey was definitely my favorite last night! - Thanks for another entertaining post!

~Kim G.

Unknown said...

I think this is the funniest one ever...the thought of Portia DeRossi knocking out Kara and ripping the championship belt off Kara's neck - omg, I am almost peeing my pants!!! Hilarious! I was so nervous when I heard Lee was going to sing that song, because it kind of makes me want to gag a little (partly because Shania and her hubby are not even together anymore!) but he did an amazing job with it! I was swooning. I hope he goes all the way.

Anonymous said...

Kim,
How dare you bad mouth Another Bad Creation. You've got stones.
And it's never a good idea to breach the subject (Is it broach? I don't know, I'm not an English major...stupid grammar) of teen sex, especially in front of millions of people. "I'm glad you changed the make love to line, because you're a virgin and you shouldn't ever say make love to, because like I've been saying all year long, you haven't experienced anything in your short life, so what gives you the right to sing about it."
For that, I want him to sing "I've got hos (hoes?) in different area codes." That would show her.
Will anyone really give a damn about this show next year? probably not. They will do it, and no one will watch because Simon will sell this to ABC or NBC for gobs of money and they will run it at the same time slot as Idol. Noone will want to listen to Kara be btichy, because let's face it, Men hear enough women comlaining once they say I do, we don't want to watch it on TV as well.

Kim said...

Chris-you should write a blog. And btw does Anna use the term "wet" like Simon did last night? Is it a Brit thing?

KathyL said...

Surely I am not the only non-NYer who pictured a scene from In Living Color when you described the cardigan shop!
And I completely agree with "anonymous", to bad mouth ABC is just not ok with me.

Greene Family said...

Crack me up! When I was watching this one, I had a feeling that you would comment on how it must have been killing Kara not to say that she wrote all of those songs! Your fashion comments for Randy and Kara are too funny and so true!
I really like Lee and think he'll be the winner this year.
Casey would make a good country star and is who I would like to see as runner up.
Haha - that would be great to see Portia knock out Kara! Hilarious!
Jason walked into the room and said what is up with that feather when he saw Crystal. She really loves that carpet too.
I was happy to see Siobhan go last week. Now, I need to watch this weeks show yet.