Tuesday, May 11, 2010

American Idol-Week 10

Movie Night. Now I was disappointed with the song choices. Personally I have a list of songs the contestants (or artists, depending upon Jaime Foxx's mood) could have sang: "Dust in the Wind" or "Total Eclipse of the Heart" from the Old School soundtrack, "Ghostbusters" (self explanatory), "Supermodel" from Clueless (although I doubt Bowersox could pull off the knee socks and headbands), "Damn it Feels Good to be a Gangsta" from Office Space, anything off the Team America soundtrack, "What is Love" from Night at the Roxbury or "Just the Two of Us" sung by Dr. Evil and Mini Me. And I love that we have the return of Jaime Foxx as the mentor because after all when you have a chart smasher such as "Blame it on the Alcohol" you cannot go wrong as a mentor.

Tonight I cannot really even critique the performances individually. Mainly because I am running out of things to say at this late date and second because when I write this blog it is past my bedtime. But I have a few comments/observations.

I want to know if Casey has a bad hair day? Does the humidity reek havoc on his locks and if so what flat iron does he use? And speaking of bad hair days I think Kara's hair resembled mine when I roll out of bed in the morning. Seriously, my hair looks nicer while I am dying a slow death on the elliptical machine. Back to Casey for one moment though. Where does one procure a teal leather jacket?

Crystal cursed on TV which suddenly made her a lot cooler to me, because I would curse on TV. It's hard for me at times not to openly let a curse fly on a Facebook status here and there. I mean think about it, no one has let an f bomb slide this whole season? Please. At least now it seems real to me. But someone needs to give Crystal the memo on the Doc Martin boots. Really. Make sure it's delivered. Crystal did sing Kenny Loggins though, which is funny because I actually thought about Caddyshack for some reason when they mentioned movie night. And Kenny Loggins rocks. A friend of mine once told me if they made a movie of his life, he'd want Kenny Loggins to be the soundtrack. Who doesn't sing "Forever" really loud in their car when it comes on?

Mike sang MJ. I think I told the story of this before-when I was a camp counselor I had the 10-12 year old girls all dance to "Will you be There." Mel and Kate have never let me live down the Free Willy dance. I think I have it on video somewhere. I should totally YouTube it because it was pretty darn amazing. And anything by MJ rocks.

Finally the dumbest line of the night goes to Randy: "I don't know if I was like jumping up and down...." Yes you do Randy. You know this. You already know the answer. One would know if they actually jumped up and down. Even if he liked the performance I don't think I have ever witnessed Randy actually jumping up and down. So Randy, to answer your question, you were not, in fact, jumping up and down.

This is a tough one tonight. I think Crystal and Lee are safe. I'd like to see Mike go through because I don't think Idol has ever done a home town visit in New York. And if they do go to Astoria this will be the night my father points to every street corner and gives you a history of same. So for the hometown visit I am kind of pulling for Mike here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The only thing I can think of while I'm watching Casey is that he's just so darn PRETTY. Seriously, I would die for his skin. I definitely wanted to gag when they were alluding to Kara being "Mrs. Robinson" - shut it, Kara, you're embarrassing yourself! I agree, very weird song choices last night, but I have to say the Free Willy song is Seamus' top YouTube pick right now. I have to get a video of him doing the dance! Hilarious. We have an old VHS copy of Free Willy and it's the current fave movie, and he had to immediately start learning MJ's stage choreography from the music video. The duets were great - this is a tough call this week. I like them all!

Anonymous said...

Ha-ha. You will never forget the fact that you did a choreographed dance to the free willy song. You are a loser.

I was expecting someone, anyone to yell out, We're all gonna get laid, after Crystal's performance.

I never heard the song that Cyrstal and Lee performed together, but I figured that spelled DOOM for casey or Mike because after they blew it out of the park, you knew they weren't going home.

New rule - Mike is not allowed to bring the guitar on stage with him. I say bring it on stage with him because he never plays it. All the good guitar playing during their duet, was Casey. Mike just stood there with the guitar. Mike - You can't play the guitar. Give it up. Give it up now. He'd be better off going out there with a kazoo.