Sunday, June 6, 2010

Memorial Day & A Luau

We had such a great time last weekend and the fun continued when we came home from Lancaster.  First Preston was presented with these funny new glasses from Grandma:

IMG_4026

We had a few of our neighbors over for a Memorial Day BBQ last Monday.  It’s been beyond hot here in Virginia for late May/early June. It feels more like August already.  Here are some pictures from Memorial Day.

IMG_4039

IMG_4042

We were all drinking my father’s fab pina coladas and Preston wanted to dazzle up his lemonade with a fancy umbrella and straw.  My mother made her homemade macaroni salad.  While cutting up the olives she asked Preston if he would like to try one, to which he retorted, “Nah Grandma. I’m not really a big fan of olives.”  Seriously is this kid four or eighty?

Due to the ridiculous humidity the past week we have had some unbelievable thunderstorms.  Here is Pres on the porch watching the rain come down.

IMG_4048

This past Friday marked the end of the school year and the summer program begins tomorrow.  The school put on their end of year luau.  Before the festivities the Montessori class performed a bunch of numbers, The Continents Song, Going on a Rocket Ship, counting in Spanish, the Planets and the Mathematics Macarena.  This was so cute although Pres was not super into doing the actual Macarena.  I told him I knew the Macarena and when I proceeded to do it at home he looked embarrassed for me.  In any event here is a video. I have no idea what my nosey son is looking at to the right of him-someone I believe had a video camera!

Each kid also won an award and Preston won best smile!

After that it was outside for the luau!

IMG_4067

IMG_4074

Yes.  That’s right folks! Preston has won for the THIRD time in the history of the day care doing raffles-the Nabisco food basket.  When the director pulled his name she literally said, “I cannot believe it!”  I did buy a lot of tickets but what are the odds?  Even the teachers that morning kept saying how strange it would be if he won again.  I really need to get this child to play Mega Millions.

Yesterday was Maddy’s second birthday party!  How cute are Preston and Maddy?  Jordana and Sam put on an awesome party with tons of food!  Have a great week everyone!

IMG_4094

11 comments:

Andrea said...

Have you been loving the thunderstorms. I can do without the awful humidity, but the thunderstorms have been awesome!!

Evan has the same shirt as Preston in the last picture!! And what a well deserved award. He's got a great smile!!

Unknown said...

But of course Pres has the best smile...who else would get that award. I'm sending some money your way to give to Preston....I need him to win the lotto for me. Don't worry, I'd share!

Jaime said...

Love the pictures and especially the videos! The Number Macarena is adorable! I'll have to show the videos to Caitlyn in the morning. She'll love seeing them!

Unknown said...

Best smile is right!!! I can't think of a better recipient of that award than Preston! The videos are so stinkin cute. You can tell how much he loves his school! Love the appropriate themed attire for the luau as well!

Greene Family said...

Oh my - those videos are too cute! Yay for best smile, Preston!! Cute! Cute! Cute! Seriously - I'm with Melisa . . . going to send money for Preston to play the lotto for me too! Great photo of the two of you on Memorial Day!

Melissa Swartley said...

OMG! How cute is he singing his numbers!!! Love the little butt shake too! Way to go on the best smile award Preston and the Nabisco gift basket AGAIN! That's awesome! Love all the pics! Glad you all had another fantastic fun weekend!

Destini said...

So cute! Love that Pres refused the macerena! Taylor's class did "A Tootie Ta" at graduation yesterday and she sang, but flipped her hair and smiled instead of doing the motions - when I asked her about it she said "Those kids looked ridiculous. I was not going to embarrass myself like that." Seriously, three Nabisco baskets in a row??? That's crazy - I'll chip in for the lotto win!

Jennifer said...

The amount of cuteness just makes me crazy!

Anthea said...

Sorry - with FB I have been neglecting everyones blogs...including my own! One thing has not changed though and that is just how adorably cute Preston is. Hope you are well. Hugs to you both. xoxox

mel said...

Preston might not be a fan of olives, but you know what Im not a fan of? his loser dad.
Now that Pres can clearly do math he can help you add the continually mounting child support payments. He can count by the thousands right?

The Wymers said...

He is just too stinkin' cute - and what a little stud at the raffle ... you should totally let him pick some lottery numbers and see what happens!