Sunday, March 29, 2009

Whew! What a Weekend!

Can I use more "W"s in my title? The rain held out so the kids could get off the First Annual neighborhood Egg Hunt! It was so cute. A lot of us parents donated eggs filled with candy and they placed them all around the soccer field in the development. They divided the kids by age group and the only requirement was bring a basket. They had the Easter Bunny and one mother made bunny Rice Krispie treats. It was a bit hard for me-not very many single parents in the land of rainbows and skittles I live in, but I did make sure I started talking and meeting people. Most of the parents are older than me too, but I am determined to make more friends down South dammit! Here is the booger on his Egg Hunt. I cannot believe he sat next to the Bunny. I told him if he took a picture he could grab a marshmallow treat. That might have been the reason. I took one picture and he hopped down. I begged him to let me take one more to which he replied, "I did. I'm done Mommy."




Today we had a really busy day. I took Preston to Friendly's and many of you commented on my Facebook status that you too have an undying love for that place. Fribbles are so good aren't they? Then it was off to our once a month Wal-Mart trip for staple items. I am not a fan of their meat or produce (other that bananas and maybe grapes) and my favorite grocery store here closes on Sundays (we are down South now) so I will have to made a trek to Ukrop's this week. Preston scored a cute little basket with construction vehicles on it for his bedroom. Then we hit Target to pick up new toddler bedding for his bed. The one from last year I thought was getting a bit faded so it was time for a new set. Let me tell you-the one I got today is the first "toddler" sized bedding where the quilt is a quilt, not as thin as a receiving blanket. I put his bed together and he came running in to tell me, "Oh it's so cute Mommy!"


Preston is loving the neighborhood kids. They all seem to love him too. They are all older than him but just love when he is outside. I did meet one girl today whose son is about 9 months younger so it looks like I will have some playdates in the future. Here is Preston's face when he is told it is time to end the day:

It is hell getting him inside. He loves being outdoors. And here is the dude showing off his new bedding!

Have a great week!

17 comments:

Alex said...

I love the new bedset!!! How cute!
I agree 100% about the meat and produce at Wal-mart, it just doesn't look fresh! :/ I love Fresh and Easy...not sure if you guys have that store on the east coast...

Maeve said...

Awwww he's just tooooo cute!!! Miss you both! xo

Danielle said...

Awesome bed set! I love the Easter bunny pic...it just reminded me that I have to take the girls so they can refuse to sit with him! It sounds like you really are in a great community! It's always hard to meet and really become friendly with neighbors. We've built new homes in 2 neighborhoods, and both times it took quite a while to really be friends. I have to tell you though, if you lived down here I'd love to hang out with you :)
Oh - and Preston's face when he has to come in rivals my girls...we usually get some tears too! And how great that you met someone with a boy close to Preston's age!

Melissa Swartley said...

Preston is right, his bedding is so cute!!! Gotta love Target! Wow, the supermarket closed on Sundays? Up here, well you know, 24/7 baby! Sounds like Preston is smart beyond his years, telling you he did sit for the one photo with the bunny! Oh boy, look out! Love his "time to end the day face"! Too cute! Glad to hear you are making friends, yay for another kiddo Preston's age! That's exciting!

Anthea said...

I am sure you will make friends in no time, just keep getting out there and they wont be able to resist your charms! Preston is as cute as ever, his smile just melts me! Oh how I wish I could find a bike for Tori...another inch and we would be fine....just got to get that inch in!

Mike Mallinson said...

Trucks are cool, WalMart blows, Easter is fun, Preston is ADORABLE. Yep, that about sums it up...

Unknown said...

That is a GREAT bedding set! Very cool! We finally got outside to do some bike-riding, although I must say the kids were not looking as stylish as Preston, in his plaid shirt and bucket hat! So cute! Seamus had no problem hopping up there with the Easter bunny this year, but Grace was a no-go...although she tells me that she'll take a picture with him "if he brings me jellybeans." Can't say I blame her...do you ever wonder why we make our kids sit on the laps of such freaky-looking creatures?? So glad you guys had such a nice weekend!

Anonymous said...

That bunny looks scary...

Robert

Destini said...

Tell Pres that Trace approves 100% of the new bedding! So glad that you are getting out to meet some of the neighbors, it's tough! Trace wouldn't go near the Easter Bunny, he got close enough to grab the free ice cream cone from Chic-Fil-A coupon from the helper lady and then ran for it!

Unknown said...

Yeah I just stared a blog but have not been very good at keeping it up. But you can add me to your list and I love the pictures of Preston. WOW!!! We have got to e-mail more often so much has changed with ya'll!!!!

Bobbi said...

I would go crazy without Walmart....only because it's the only store in my tiny town. I love Target!!

Preston looks so happy in his new bedding!! Momma does such good work!!! The egg hunt looked like a lot of fun, too.

Unknown said...

We purchased Aidan's bedding at Target...sports theme! They are the best. Preston is as cute as always. Keeping my fingers crossed that Aidan will take a picture with the Easter bunny!

marrah said...

ok-so many things to say-love the new bedding.... love the new Janie and Jack button down.... Love the red crocs. All in all, love everything...but NOTHING compares to my beautiful nephew's face. I can't wait to see you both!

K-Tee said...

Well you can take out one W because I think it's phew. I only know this because of the massive amounts of comic books I read. Spelling out sound effects is wonderful. But I like your alliteration!

Looking at pictures of him makes me want to cry because he's so damn cute! I also think you're doing a fine job, Kim, and you will meet other single parents, trust me. I hope you meet a really hot and rich single dad down there!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! And I recognize that plaid shirt from Janie & Jack. I love the new bedding. Keep the photos coming -- he is just adorable!

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim!
I'm way behind in the blogging world :0( First of all I love the pictures of your and Preston's photo shoot - you guys are adorable! The one of Preston with his mouth open in an O shap is too cute - you can see his personality bursting through the screen! Caden is also LOVING being outside, however since he isn't walking unasisted yet it makes outside time a little more challenging!
We saw the Easter Bunny at the mall yesterday and Caden wanted nothing to do with him! Preston is so brave - and SO SMART to only sit there long enough to get his marshmallow treat :-) You crack me up "the land of Rainbow's and Skittles". No worries - you will meet that rich doc soon enough!!!
It sounds like I am totally missing out on Friendly's - we do not have them in the Northwest. If there are Friendly's in NY maybe Preston can introduce us to Fribbles in July :-)
Trisha

Greene Family said...

Seiously - how does Preston keep getting cuter!? I can't wait to give him a hug when we meet in person sometime (if he'll let me)!
He is so cute in all of the photos, and too funny that you were able to bribe him for that one adorable photo with the Easter Bunny! Your neighborhood sounds great, and how exciting that you are meeting new people and have playdates to look forward to with a boy close to Preston's age! I think we are all keeping our fingers crossed that the rich doctor enters your life soon!
I love his new bedding - so cute! I actually looked at the same set for Simon at Target the other day since we are planning his big boy room and it is all about cars, truck, and trains.