Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow In VA!

I swear-we move down South and the snow follows. We probably jinxed ourselves since we left every single snow shovel up North and I did not buy Preston or myself any boots or snow gear. Thank Heavens the snow pants Aunt Melski bought Preston last year still fit (a little snuggly and a bit short but hey we had to make do). It is really very pretty. Even though this weekend it is going to be in the high 60's and I will be wearing flip flops. I was supposed to start my new job today but we were closed.

Here is the difference between VA and NY. In NY before the snow falls the plows have put down enough sand to replicate a beach and enough salt to guarantee a dirty car for months. Then the plows come every single hour. So far there has been no plow here. My parents are the only ones who shoveled their driveway so I am dying to watch everyone attempt to get their non-SUVs out of the driveways tomorrow. Second they had about 210 people to clear the roads here versus 4500 just in the five boroughs. Preston who was not super into snow last year had a blast today. I have put together a slideshow to memorialize this event since if there is snow here it totals a dusting to an inch or two and we were told this never happens! I mean there was some dude in the store yesterday buying four gallons of milk. That was a little much-we are not going to be stranded for a month.

Here is our Snow Day! I was going to do a slideshow but the images were too grainy so I picked my faves from today. I took gorgeous pictures (over 60 with lots of Preston) and I have an album for those in New York coming on Kodak.
The view from our third floor. That is the creek that runs through the backyard.







15 comments:

Tonya said...

My Goodness!! How much snow did you get?? This is certainly no 3 or 4 inches!

Bobbi said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL pictures, Kim. Snow pics are always my favorite, so I am a little biased. Preston looks like he's having a great time, too! How much did you get?

Melissa Swartley said...

Woo hoo! I bet Preston is loving it! So pretty! We got about 10 inches up here in northern Bucks County PA, I heard there was more to the south for once! Looks like you got a nice amount!

Danielle said...

Wow! Such beautiful pictures! It looks like Preston had a ball in the snow. That's awesome that you got to have a snow day...although I'm sure you are anxious to get started on your new job!

Unknown said...

So pretty! Well, you didn't want to miss NY too much, did you? Glad you guys had a great time playing in the snow!

Greene Family said...

Beautiful pictures!! It looks like you guys had a great time in the snow! Preston is so cute in his snuggly snow gear! I wanted to take Simon out in the snow today, but it has just been too cold and he has outgrown his snowsuit.

Jaime said...

OH MY!! That's quite a bit of snow! Preston looked like he was having a blast! I know that Caty sure would!

Unknown said...

Those pictures are beautiful. Happy Pres enjoyed the snow this year!

mejane said...

I just can't get over that house, the creek, the woods...so pretty! Are you sure you're going out in flip flops this weekend? Preston looked adorable in his snow gear.

Alex said...

it was 75 degres here today!!!! It looks like Preston had so much fun! I love the picture of you and him, you guys are beautiful together!

Anonymous said...

That first photo of the house looks like a Christmas card! It looks like Preston had fun in the snow. Parker enjoyed it too, but it was way cold here, so we weren't out long.

Anonymous said...

I think you actually got more snow than me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Destini said...

I am totally lovin' snowman Preston! So glad that he got to play in the snow! Next winter maybe we can meet up at one of the southern WV ski resorts for some tubing - the boys (and us) would have a blast! Beautiful pictures!

Lisa said...

Wow, it's just like being back in N.Y. again, huh!!?? Crazy. It's so insane in the Midwest that we'll get 4 inches and it will hardly even make the local news! Stay warm. He looks so cute as always!

Anonymous said...

The snow over there reached teh UK news!! its looks so pretty and preston looks like he had lots of fun and still soooo cute.