Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Hair is NOT that Exciting...

I totally freaked all of you out with my Facebook status huh? The hair is not too exciting. I just took off two inches, chopped in some long layers and shortened the side bangs a bit. Nothing too drastic because summer is coming and it is like 400 degrees and HUMID here so I need to be able to pull it back. I just was tired of looking like my high school pictures with the all one length long hair-only difference is now is I have awesome smile lines around my eyes that were so not there in High School. What I want to do come the fall is copy Destini's hair cut! I am so going shorter come the fall.

We have had a fun week. On Thursday we went to a party in my friend Jordana's neighborhood for Kelly's Kids clothes. So cute and totally overpriced but needless to say Preston made out like a bandit (duh). This weekend was pretty low key. I started meeting some more people in the neighborhood. Preston was psyched because this weekend marked the return of the train at the Short Pump mall-there is an electric ride on train for kids and parents at the mall but it hibernates in the winter (I learned of said hiatus after taking him there in January only to find out it was gone and my son was wailing at the abandoned station). So he was THRILLED and he rode on the coal car with my mom and I and he felt like a rock star.

Today we also went exploring again outside in the woods and met a couple that is building a house in the development. (Not in the woods-we met them before we went exploring). Next weekend is the neighborhood Easter egg hunt and I really hope it does not rain. Here are some pictures of Preston and I being total goofballs. Please excuse the end of day makeup, bobby pinned hair and ashen face AND Preston in nothing but an undershirt-but I heart you all and know you heart me as well so here is our photo shoot.


And here are some pics of Preston exploring.



17 comments:

Alex said...

Kim, you look great with your hair pulled back! :) I love the the picture where you're kissing Preston, his facial expression is just too funny!

Unknown said...

Those are such precious photos Kim. Love them. I think I am ready for a hair change myself. Not sure what though.

Anonymous said...

Hehehe - Love the photos. You both look great!

Jennjilla said...

I love these photos, what funny little faces Preston makes! He's a doll!

sharon said...

these are great pictures and you look just fine to me!

Unknown said...

You would look awesome with short hair! (Not that you don't look awesome now, of course.) I am tempted to go REALLY short...we'll have to see how brave I get! Thanks so much for the call on Saturday...phone date this week? I have something I want to run by you!

Unknown said...

Oh...and Preston totally looks like he belongs in a Children's Place ad in that picture with the yellow hat! So handsome!

Mandy said...

I love the pictures of you both. It looks like you had a great time exploring.

Catie said...

Aww, as per usual Preston is adorable (even if he is just in an undershirt). Seriously, I think you would have a heart attack if you saw some of the outfits Hannah puts together!
I feel you on the hair. Mine is all one length and I have been toying with the idea of cutting it, but I am in my sister's wedding this July so nothing until after that!

Melissa Swartley said...

I'm with ya on the hair! I absolutely have to be able to pull it back! It looks great Kim! I love Preston's cute expressions! Priceless!

Danielle said...

Too cute as always! I hear ya on the hair in the humidity! My hair grows to twice it's normal size when it's humid...so imagine how that goes here in Florida! This will be the first summer with my hair past the chin...will be many days with it pulled up I'm sure!
It's great that you are meeting more people in your neighborhood, how fun!

Destini said...

Watch out Kim, a couple inches is first, then in a few months you end up with my short hair (but I am still loving it, so it's okay)! Preston is soooo stinkin cute. I wish you guys could have made it to the zoo! Maybe the next time we are in DC we can meet up, I know that Preston and Trace would have a great time together!

Tonya said...

OMG!! You are funny! Pres pic with the toothbrush has me rolling! He looks so stunned!!

Your hair is cute as are you ecen without makeup, but you don't need it your beautiful anyways!!

Greene Family said...

Goodness those are cute pictures! Preston has so many great expressions!! It sounds like you guys have been having a lot of fun, especially exploring in the woods! That's great that you are meeting more neighbors - it sounds like you are more at home in VA now!
I like your hair! It's always fun to have a change! I'm always cutting mine shorter and shorter and then I let it grow out again just to go through it all again. The humidity is a nightmare with curly hair though, so I understand the need to pull it back in the summer.
Have fun at the Easter egg hunt next weekend! Can't wait to see pics!

Bobbi said...

As always...I love the pics! Preston is the little ham, isn't he! He always has the cutest expressions. I'm sure there is never a dull moment with him around. Love your hair pulled back!!!

BRYAN'S YAYA said...

OMG Kim, that photo shoot is ADORABLE.

Candi
Yaya to Bryan

Becky said...

Preston is so cute, as always! I love his surprised face on the one picture! YAY for the train! How exciting for Preston!