Monday, May 30, 2011

Our Memorial Day Weekend

First, to the men and women that have fought for this country, to protect our freedoms, who have laid down their lives and those that continue to fight, thank you.  On Saturday we went grocery shopping early.  Preston saw the vets outside the food store.  He thanked them for fighting for us.  One of the older vets said, “Well, I still fight…but with my wife." Saturday we went to the pool for awhile, then Preston and PaPa roasted marshmallows together.

IMG_7113

IMG_7118

Yesterday we drove up to Amy’s house for a POLP get together.  We had such a great time!  A big thanks to Amy and Tim for hosting! They have a beautiful home and it is so great to get the kids together!

IMG_7120

IMG_7136

IMG_7138

IMG_7140

IMG_7139

IMG_7144

IMG_7145

IMG_7161

IMG_7163

IMG_7121

After our play-date in Maryland, we drove back for a dinner bbq in Virginia. (Thanks Paula for being impressed). Pres is such a rock star in the car so I don’t mind doing long day trips.  The highlight of Preston’s evening?  Riding the go-cart with Alec and Kelly. This is the Alec that wrote that gorgeous essay about Preston.

IMG_7164

Today it was back to the pool.  He is loving the pool and playing with his friends.  And making ridiculous faces:

IMG_7166

And in an ever so seasonal mood-Pres is watching Christmas movies as we get ready for the bbq tonight.  97 degrees outside, but Rudolph and Polar Express inside.  I love this kid! 

IMG_7172

6 comments:

The Wymers said...

Loved the pics from the get-together, makes me wish we lived closer to our POLP family so we could do those more often.

I totally laughed when I saw your status on facebook about Pres watching 'Polar Express'... Kylie's been walking around singing 'We Wish You a Merry Christmas' for the last couple weeks.

Kristie said...

I love the picture of Preston in the pool. He sure can make you smile. Looks like you all had a great time at the POLP get together. I wish that our group here was like that but most of the kids are much older than Jalinn.

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

Loved all the pics from the POLP get together. How often do you guys get together? Let me know I would love to try and join you guys next time. Looks like fun. Xoxo

Unknown said...

Great pics from the get-together! The kids are all so cute! We definitely need to try and get another Northeast/Mid-Atlantic get-togther going. Oh my goodness, I am not even going to show my son the picture of Preston in the go-kart! How awesome that must have been! Seamus is asking for a go-kart for his birthday...nice try bud! There's something about those Christmas movies, apparently they never lose their charm, even in the summer heat. Miss you guys!

Caden and Mommy said...

K- How sweet is Preston Thanking the vet for fighting :0) Did you prompt him? Your doing good Mom :0)
I'm loving catching up on your blog and seeing all the Preston cuteness. His face just glows!
Jealous of your POLP gathering! How fun. Preston looks so grown up with the younger kids.
Alec is such a sweet boy to write such a nice essay about Preston.
You are so funny .... I can tell your tolerance for the ridiculous faces is about as short as mine is :0)
Its okay Preston is watching Christmas movies ... Caden already has his Christmas list going and asked me the other day how come we don't have a chimney and how Santa gets in our house if we don't have a chimney ... crap, he's catching on!
Have a GREAT WEEKEND, sounds like you are on another fun adventure!!! Miss you!

Greene Family said...

It looks like you guys had a fun Memorial Day weekend! Adorable pictures from the POLP get together! So much cuteness!
Wow - how cool to get to ride in a go-kart!
Haha - what an expression in the pool picture! I feel like I'm telling Simon more and more lately to put the crazy face away and give me a smile . . . just leads to more crazy faces though.
Sounds like a good idea to me to watch Christmas movies while it's so hot outside! Simon has been counting down til he can see Christmas lights again since January.