Sunday, May 1, 2011

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAALLLLL!

Preston did it! Scored his very first goal yesterday.  This is big accomplishment, especially since it came in the fourth quarter and he usually only plays through the third since he is tired.  I may have forced him to continue playing.  I may have told him he wanted to go to that party at Inflation Nation later in the day.  In any event every single person on both sides clapped and cheered and my mom and I got a little teary!  And on my dad’s birthday too!!!  To celebrate, we actually had a shirt to commemorate the event.

IMG_6896

Today we took my father out for brunch at the Boathouse.  The Boathouse is the only restaurant in the area on the water.  And when I say on the water I am using this term loosely.  For a girl that grew up on Long Island I miss the water.  Water here means the reservoir.  But nonetheless, provides for a great picture taking backdrop! 

IMG_6923

IMG_6928

IMG_6929

IMG_6932

IMG_6937

10 comments:

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

Woooooohoooooo!!! Xoxo

Yiannakis Family said...

Oh my goodness, I'm getting teary eyed myself! Way to go Preston!!!! I wouldn't have expected any less, nor any less of Kim to have a fashion moment with the new shirt to celebrate! LOL!! Wear that new shirt proudly!

babs said...

what a wonderful weekend it was--Papa's birthday celebrated with a goal by our favorite little boy in the whole wide world--followed by a great brunch on the"water" hosted by Kimberly and Pres--how lucky we are to have such a great family--love all my kids & grandson--you all rock!

Katie Jaye said...

I am so proud of him!!!! I wish I had been there to see it! He looks so incredibly happy in those pictures and I really like the ones by the "water". The Boathouse is a pretty cool place to eat; I'll have to try their brunch with you one of these visits!

Jaime said...

We're so proud of Preston! Love the shirt and his big huge smile!!

Kristie said...

Way to go Preston!!! We are so proud of you!!!

Unknown said...

Yeah Preston! Great job! We are so proud of you. What an awesome day it must have been! A very Happy Birthday to Papa, too!

Greene Family said...

YAY Preston!!! So proud!! I'm chuckling a little as I just bought Simon a soccer goal shirt in anticipation of his first goal this summer! :) What a cutie your champ is in his goal shirt and what a special day!
Love the pictures at the Boathouse with hour handsome little man! I just love his smile, and his outfit is adorable! Happy Birthday to your dad!!

mel said...

IT doesnt get any cuter than Preston!

Caden and Mommy said...

For Peets Sake! Look how far behind I am on Sweet Preston & your blog :0( ... I am so proud of Preston for being such a super star on the soccer field and sticking with it!!!! I think Caden got discouraged since he was always "last". He does say he wants to try again the summer. So we'll give it another go around :0)
Love that you "may" have told him a few things to keep Preston chugging along :0)
Good Job Preston! I am so proud of you! Your brunch pictures are awesome! I also want to know how many times Preston wears an outfit more then once :0)