Sunday, May 8, 2011

What a Week!

This has been quite a busy week.  Another birthday for me-of course I woke up and it was a monsoon, but the sun did come out later in the day and the myriad Facebook wishes was certainly a pick me up.  Not to mention a fab dinner with mom, Pres and our neighbor Kelly.  Thursday was Cinco de Mayo.  Preston made this make shift sombrero, which goes so fashionably with his monkey pjs.

IMG_6944

This past week we also tried this new Crayola craft kit called Magic Presto Dots.  It was pretty cool and I think our hedgehog came out very nice.

IMG_6947

This weekend my sister came down to visit for Mother’s Day.  Saturday started with Build n’ Grow then soccer.  I must share how lately it is impossible to get Preston to be serious in a picture.  I put the blame squarely on my sister and brother Charlie.

IMG_6955

Saturday afternoon was my friend Jessie’s wedding.  When Jessie got engaged and saw Katie’s wedding pictures, she immediately fell in love with Katie’s dress.  We all remember how stunning a bride my sister was!  Katie paid it forward with the dress and it was worn by another beautiful bride!!!

IMG_6958

IMG_6970

IMG_6974

 IMG_6982

 IMG_6983

 IMG_6984

 IMG_6991

Last night my sis and I went to see Something Borrowed.  We both read the book and it was a perfect night for a chick flick!!!  Today was Mother’s Day.  Preston bought me a bear that signs “Wind Beneath my Wings.”  I cry every time I push the button. He also got me a bunch of other goodies!!  What great taste. Since my mom has everything (remember my breakdown at Christmas over this) and she just had a birthday…we treated her to brunch at the Jefferson Hotel.  This champagne brunch is a Richmond tradition and a must do.  We’ve gone a few times and it never disappoints.  After all, you’re on the waiting list for months prior for Mother’s Day!  Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms-especially mine, a woman I strive to be!! And to Preston-I am honored to be your mommy.  I love you to pieces.  Even when you are a clown! *Disclaimer-that is not a real alligator….nor is Preston imbibing with mimosas. He very much wanted his OJ in a champagne glass.

IMG_6997

IMG_7001

IMG_7003

IMG_7004

IMG_7007

IMG_7009

IMG_7020

IMG_7025

8 comments:

maeve said...

HAHAHAHA Did Katie make Preston pose with his head in the gator??!!? Plus I love him holding the mimosa! LOVE the pics and obvi you all! Glad you had a great weekend xoxo

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

Happy bday girlie! I was cracking up with the pics of Preston and the alligator. So funny! Happy Mom's Day to u also.

Unknown said...

Love, love, love the gator pics! Hilarious! Yes, it will be a wondrous day when I can get my son to smile for a picture without first striking the "Southpaw pose." Fingers pointed, face in a growl...just precious! How awesome that Katie passed her gown on to another bride...it looked just as beautiful now as it did when she was wearing it! Happy Mother's Day to you and your mom, hope you enjoyed your wonderful brunch!

Yiannakis Family said...

Unbelievably generous of your sister to let someone borrow her wedding dress! Beautiful picture of you, your sister and your mom on Mother's Day too! And of course, the silly pictures of Preston with the gator are too funny!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so Preston is way cute - as usual. I love the silly pictures with the gator and him drinking his juice out of a fancy glass! Looks like you had a great Mother's Day!

The Wymers said...

I'm totally LMAO at the pics of Pres with the gator - too freaking funny. Kylie just walked by the computer and was like, "Hey, that's Preston. We met him in Tennessee." Have you made a decision on Anaheim yet?

Caden and Mommy said...

Can I tell you how much I love Preston in the gator head! What a clown :0) Totally looks like a stunt Caden would pull!
I love the Sombrero even though it looks more like a Crayola Crayon .... but we wont tell him that :0)
I hear you on getting a serious picture of the kid. Lately it's almost as if I would rather Caden wouldn't "pose" for the picture because I cant deal with the goofiness!
I'm glad you had a Great Mother's Day! You deserved it! Love the pictures of him and Katie!

Greene Family said...

I love Preston - so handsome and the best personality!! Love the picture of him in front of the fountain, but the gater photos are too funny! :) What a little man having his OJ in a champagne glass!
Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Beautiful photo of you, your mom, and Katie!
You have such an amazing family! How wonderful for Katie to pay it forward with her wedding dress! Another beautiful bride in a beautiful dress!
Cute hedgehog! I got the boys some of those Magic Presto Dots, but we haven't made the animals yet.
Pres is too cute in his monkey pjs (Jude has the same pjs!), and monkey shirt!
Can't wait to see you guys next weekend!!