Wednesday, May 25, 2011

We’re Still Here

Mel may have burst her top if she did not see new pics of her adorable godson.  We’ve been busy around here lately.  TV ended for the season. Although the Bachelorette and America’s Got Talent will keep me occupied as well as the Yankees. I just finished another season of American Idol.  Loved it!  Until January…which will be here before we know it I’m sure.  Right now the 90 degree weather has settled into the Richmond area.  I must share.  For my son who absolutely, positively SUCKED at sleeping for such a long time (almost two years on and off) he can seriously sleep anywhere and through a war.  Exhibits 1 and 2.

IMG_7043

IMG_7044

He also has had great fun with an animal sticker book my mother bought for him.  You make up stories with the animals and use your creativity. 

IMG_7053

He’s had birthday parties too! One of his friends lives on a real farm.  Her birthday party had horse rides, hay rides, cotton candy, bounces house, Sno cones and popcorn!  Even the parents had a blast.  He really is my kid-he will talk to and make friends with anyone.  After thirty minutes at the party a little boy he does not know declared Preston was his best friend.

IMG_7064

IMG_7069

IMG_7062

And ever the clown my son at his friend Ivy’s birthday at an indoor gymnastics pavilion.  Instead of goodie bags the mom gave each kid a copy of Shel Silverstein’s “A Light in the Attic.”  I am having a trip down memory lane reading these poems to him.  So far, “Messy Room” is his favorite.  Mine was “Sick-I cannot go to School” but alas, that is in “Where the Sidewalk Ends” so we’ll need to get that soon too!

IMG_7086

How amazingly perfect is this shirt (I’ll save you the asking-Target)!

IMG_7056

My mother is obsessed with buying Preston pretty much everything, but loves buying him pajamas and socks.  Here is the combo he picked out last night when we slept over.

IMG_7088

My mom and dad were in New York this weekend.  I am so insanely jealous they had tickets to the Yanks/Mets subway series and sat behind home plate about 15 rows back.  My mother so sweetly captured my favorites.  I also just have to share the pictures.  I miss New York so much sometimes I can cry so I am so thankful they have an apartment there so we can come and go as we please.

IMG_6083

IMG_6093

A-Rod may be obnoxious, but he’s smoking hot.

IMG_6105

My man…Number 2.

IMG_6112

IMG_6109

Have a great week everyone.

12 comments:

Katie Jaye said...

That is such a good idea for goodie bags, a really good children's book. Totally beats a candy necklace. I liked the Oh Homework one but it might not be in that book but it is definitely my fave.

Preston is so cute in the sleeping on the step picture. And I think it's fabulous that he just gets right into the mix of things with kids he doesn't know then walks out with everyone being his friend. Preston is the Man!

mel said...

i will admit i was getting fiesty with the lack of photos. its just that i know they are out there. He is ridiculous in every way. i heart pres

The Wymers said...

Okay, the picture of Pres sleeping on the stairs is PRICELESS! :P

And, I liked Boa Constrictor. 'Oh heck it's up to my...'

The Johnson Family 5 said...

We have the same shirt ;) Thanks for the update! I was missing my Pres!

Unknown said...

Pres is adorable sleeping! I'll have to look for that shirt at Target...thanks.

babs said...

What can i say but my Pres Pres rocks--being in NY for 5 days i was starting to shake not seeing him--but yesterday when i was bathing him he just for no apparent reason said to me"grandma I love you" and my heart just beat a little faster--love you my precious monk monk

Ever Changing said...

I am in love with the facial expression in the PJ pic! That is too priceless! Lilah has become quite the people person lately too! She'll wave and say hi to any and everybody, regardless of who they are!

Yiannakis Family said...

Wow, you guys sure are busy! Love that you dude can sleep anywhere now. I pray for those days with Jaxson. He is such a light sleeper, I can't even check in on him after he falls asleep at night. Just the slight opening of the door will wake him....... Funny how we all love those poetry books. Peyton has both books and I love reading them with him! Looks like Preston had a great time at all the birthday parties. The green tongue is the best!!

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

That is so great that Preston can talk to anyone. Sounds like my Emma. She loves meeting people and making new friends! As for the t-shirt......so Freakin' Awesome! Love, love, love it! I love birthday parties! Believe it or not planning Lyla's first bday in September. Huge bash! 150 people ( not kidding) Lombardi's on the Sound, Port Jefferson! You guys are so invited! It's September 3 Labor Day Weekend! Would love it if you guys could come. sending out invites next month. Talk to you soon! Xoxo

Unknown said...

Love the sleeping pictures! Too funny! What an awesome birthday party that was...I always loved the poem about the girl who refused to take the garbage out...not sure if it was that book or Sidewalk. Seamus saw these pics and wants to go to a Yankee game with Preston! Let's make a date!

Caden and Mommy said...

K ... seriously, Preston is sleeping on the step?! If only Caden would fall asleep that easily. Lately bedtime lately has been next to impossible!
Aren't they priceless when they sleep .... so stinkin cute!
Love the book idea for the party favors. That is so cool! The T is so cute! ... and he models it adorably!

Great Yankee pics ... I too used to have a HUGE ARod crush.I still think he's smokin hot, but I kind of lost interest after his marriage went south. I will have to dig through boxes this summer for a picture. Years ago, when I had my Corporate America Job Arod visited us during a staff BBQ. My friend Tanya and I had our picture taken with him. I am so gidddy in the picture it was ridiculous :0)

Greene Family said...

Oh my - hope Pres didn't roll off of the step! He is so adorable! Simon is like that too - can sleep anywhere.
Too cute! I'm not surprised that one of the kids claimed Pres as his best friend after knowing him only 30 minutes! He's just so lovable and such an awesome kid!!
What fun birthday parties! We're big Shel Silverstein fans too and have several of his books - that's a great goodie bag gift! Love the pic of him with a green tongue!
Awesome shirt!
That's so nice that your parents still have an apartment in NY so that you can visit whenever you want!