Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Our Beantown Visit!

Pres and I had the best time in Boston this weekend. The family is Boston is huge and some have not seen Preston in the flesh since he was four months old.  Thanks to Facebook and the blog, everyone can keep up, but they were blown away by the dude.  I believe it was Ann who said, “It’s a darn shame that kid is so shy!” He was right in the mix immediately.  Kristen was graduating and in true Carol and Fred fashion they threw an amazing party.  With cousin Kathy flying in too, what a perfect weekend to go to Boston!

IMG_7195

Preston en route to Boston.  He was so cute with his rolling Thomas luggage.  He got through the first TSA agent, then dutifully sat down and took off his shoes.  Spoiled flyer much? We arrived in Logan, picked up a Ford Edge (like Jeter) to drive and it was off to Nunny’s house for meatballs and pasta. Saturday was the party.  Here are some pictures with more to come on Facebook.

IMG_7198

Preston and my nephew Isaiah.  They are like two peas in a pod!

Kimizzypres

IMG_7201

Pres and Cousin Kim who is having a little girl in the fall! YAY!

IMG_7202

Playing cornhole…and bossing Sally around.

IMG_7211

Playing badminton with Cousin Lauren and her boyfriend Corey. I love Lauren because she is so brave to be the only Yankee fan in the Red Sox Nation family!

IMG_7217

With Cousin Kathy.  Kathy and I are also going to start a sports show together.  No really, one day.  A Red Sox/Pats fan vs. a Yankee/Giants fan.  It will be great.

IMG_7214

With Aunt Carol….he’s kind of cool right?

IMG_7215

Even cooler with the shades.

IMG_7216

With Uncle Fred.

IMG_7229

Playing with Uncle Steve, until “Sweet Caroline” and “New York, New York” came on.  Then he decided to hop up on this rock and become (*shocker), center of attention.

IMG_7231

IMG_7233

Entertaining Uncle Mike.

IMG_7238

Getting ready to go to Kristen’s play off softball game!

IMG_7240

IMG_7241

At the game with Aunt Ann and Mike!

Sunday morning Preston hung out at Nunny’s and Aunt Linda took him upstairs to play with Sarge, the dog.  Preston pronounces Sarge with a Boston accent.  It’s pretty funny.

img00140-20110605-0928[1] (2)

And he woke up his cousin Emily too:

IMG00138-20110605-0910[1] (2)

IMG_7244

Pres and Nunny.

Then it was off for our day in the North End and the Harbor.  We met up with Aunt Tinka who was visiting with Maeve, Jessica (with Michael, Avery and Taylor) and Alyssia and Brooke Green with Rider and little Nate and my friend Kim, whom I worked with in Manhattan and have not seen for six years!  She just had a baby, Addison.  The cuteness abounded!  Of course, Preston was in his glory because he rode the T.  As long as there is a dirty subway station, my son is in Heaven. Brooke picked out Regina Pizzeria.  Such great pizza.  And the best part-Mike’s Pastries for dessert!

IMG_7247

IMG_7248

IMG_7257 IMG_7258 

IMG_7260

IMG_7261

IMG_7269

IMG_7270

IMG_7272

IMG_7268

My friend Kim and her baby Addison!

And minus the snafu (as Mel aptly put it) with the A/C valve on our plane and having to go on a new plane, the trip was a major success!

pres

IMG_7276

12 comments:

Katie Jaye said...

Love all these wonderful pictures! It was so nice to meet your lovely friends and their adorable kids. I really had a good time that afternoon and I am very glad it was nice out so we could walk around and hit the park. Thank you so much for including me in the days activities! I can't wait to meet up with everyone again!

^_\

babs said...

I'm so happy you & Pres had a great time in Boston. I know he enhoyed seeing all the family & I know Pres can be a ham--I can't believe how big Isiah got--wow--and i'm sure the "T" was a tremendous hit with Pres!

Jaime said...

Looks like you and Pres had a fabulous time!!!

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

Kim I have to tell you that u are an AMAZING mom! Preston is so lucky to have a mom who takes him everywhere! I love it! The two of you look like you had such a great time. I hope we can meet really soon. We have to get together the next time you and all your POLP friends get together. I am dying to meet Preston! He looks like the best kid EVER! Xoxo

mel said...

So glad you had a great trip with the family in boston! and the snafu worked out just fine! Great pics as always!

Kim said...

Great pictures Kim. It was so great to see you and to meet Preston, he is awesome!! It was also great to meet all your friends and sister. You have a great circle of friends/family and I was happy to enjoy the afternoon with all of you - Addison had a great time as well! Hope to see you guys again soon!! ~ Kim F.

Brooke said...

Yeah. We made the blog. Love the pictures. We had so much fun. Your sister and friends are great and Preston is as adorable in person as he is in pictures. Come back soon!

Caden and Mommy said...

You fit alot into one small weekend .... you go girl! I think that is so neat you keep in touch with that side of the family. What a great gift for Preston. You are a superstar Mommy :0)

Caden was looking over my shoulder as I reading this post tonight and he says, "Hey, Mom, that's me on the computer. NO wait, that's Preston. He kind of looks like me" OKAY maybe he is finally starting to figure out this whole LP thing and noticing similar features :0)

Preston looks adorable on the plane! But he would look MUCH cuter if he was pulling his suitcase through the Orange County Airport, just sayin .... :0( I'm going to have to do some airfare watching. Caden and I may be showing up to an informal POLP gathering on the East Coast at some point in the next year. I cannot wait until DC to see you guys ... that's a lot of months.

Anonymous said...

Loooove it! Side note to all of our future fans - Kim and I have already discussed with our biggest fans (Tom Brady & Derek Jeter) how often we will allow them to be on our show. True to form, Tom was all about producing the best possible product while Jeter was consumed with ensuring he is supplied with the best hair product. C'est la vie!

Unknown said...

Pres is as cute as ever! So happy you had such a great time in Beantown!

Unknown said...

What a fun visit! I love Boston. How great that you were able to arrange a POLP get-together as well! I'm sure the family absolutely loved spending time with you and Preston. Next time, we'll need a video of his New York, New York performance!

Greene Family said...

Adorable pictures!! What a fun, fun, fun weekend with family and friends! I agree with Trisha - you are a superstar mom!! Pres is such the ham and so adorable! Yes - we need a video the next time! :) He looks like a star performing on that rock! Love Pres' love for the subway! So much cuteness from the POLP/friends get together!