Sunday, March 20, 2011

Our Week in Review

I have a new computer at home and of course my camera is not connecting to the Zoom Browser program, so I’ve been blogging at my parents’ so as to have pictures.  Grrrrr.  I can fix computers pretty well-no truly I can.  I’ve fixed “unmountable boot volume” with blue screens and I’ve dealt with the latest Windows Internet issue and fixed it but cannot get the darn camera to read. Last Sunday Preston and I went to Sunday Park-a park on the reservoir.  This is about as close as we get to water here.  We had a great afternoon together on the playground, sitting on the docks and hiking.  He even got to see a tree that a beaver had gnawed down to make a dam.  It was such a great afternoon.

IMG_6535

IMG_6539

IMG_6548

This week was St. Patrick’s Day.  Preston was so enthralled by the story of the leprechaun.  He was hoping the leprechaun would not sneak into our house a wreck his building he made with his Trio blocks.  I assured him that under no circumstances was a mischievous little leprechaun getting in my home and messing it up.  To that my son’s response was, “but mom-the leprechaun is so small and fast as lightening!”  He didn’t mess up our house, but causes a little ruckus at school-putting sand and green water in the toilets and tipping over some tables.  Even the trap his class built was no match for that little guy!

IMG_6552

Yesterday was the second soccer game.  Pres gets tired by the second half of the game.  Partly because I think the shin guards impede his running.  He told me he likes soccer but thinks he’ll do baseball next year. He still tries his best and that’s all that counts!

IMG_6561

IMG_6566

My mother bought me stools for my counters yesterday.  While in the store Preston was not amused by the customers who did not clean up in the curtain section, so he did.  I’m thinking of hiring him out for the summer.  He’ll work for $5 an hour.  Any takers? ;-)

IMG_6567

And lastly a cute picture of my little dude waiting for our pizza last night!

IMG_6572

I think I jinxed myself last night in the car.  I was thinking of how it’s spring and we had a great winter with no significant illnesses.  Sure enough, wouldn’t you know he woke up at 2 am with his diagnosis of a “food ache.”  Or my diagnosis of 24 hour bug.  Awesome.  He’s in great spirits though so we’ll just take it easy today!

6 comments:

Katie Jaye said...

Oh noes! Preston is puking? I hope he feels better soon!

He looks so adorable on the soccer field! I'm glad he's having fun and that's a lot of running in soccer so it's completely normal he's that tired. I'm sure the other kids are too.

I wish you could find your camera wires because then the USB cord would put them directly into your hard drive. See if Best Buy has a cord that will fit your camera, that might help.

babs said...

what can i say--pres is awesome on the soccer field--he is such a delight to watch but i personally think he has a crush on kaylee--did you see how he blushed when i mentioned him flirting with her--hysterical--yesterday seeing him getting sick just broke my heart--i love you baby monkey-

Yiannakis Family said...

Poor Preston! Hopefully it really is just a 24 hour bug and he's feeling better already. Hope he continues to have fun at soccer!

Mel said...

$5 an hour....thats pretty good for a 5 year old considering some people in their late 30s only make $8/hour and sporadically at best. I hope P is feeling better today!

Caden and Mommy said...

Love Mel!
Preston's logical thinking, too cute ~ his fears about the leprechaun, priceless!
What is it with our boys, Pres concerned about the curtains not being cleaned up. When Caden sees "litter" on the ground he will stop in his tracks, point to it and let me know, "that's not very nice".

Greene Family said...

Sunday Park looks so nice! Adorable pictures of Pres, as always!! Love, love, love his smile!
I'm cracking up over your and Pres' conversation on the mischievous little leprechaun! :) I bet it was fun for the kids to see the ruckus that the leprechaun caused at school!
I've been thinking of signing Simon up for soccer for 2 weeks in July. I know that he's going to get tired easily, but I think he'll have a blast. I'm glad that Pres is still trying his best - no surprise! I'm sure he'll have fun with baseball next year too!
Too funny - Simon likes to clean up at stores too! He'll tell me "uh-oh, that's not where that belongs".
Sorry to hear that Pres had a 24 hour bug, or hopefully, that is all the longer it lasted!