Sunday, March 27, 2011

Drum roll…Preston’s Bath and Room Revealed!

The original floor plan of our house called for three bedrooms upstairs with a hall bath for the two smaller bedrooms.  Since I have another bedroom on the first floor and Preston’s bed would barely fit into one of the rooms, I decided to have the wall knocked down to give him a large room (larger than mine) with the bathroom in his room. In keeping with the construction theme he had as an infant, I added to make it a transportation room.  Mind you we put all the toys away for the pictures.  He is very very neat, but he usually keeps a few stray trucks and cars on the carpet!

IMG_6520

IMG_6523

In his nursery he had truck curtain rods.  Naturally Pottery Barn Kids no longer carry them, so the middle window just got a nickel plated rod from Target. 

IMG_6524

My grandmother who has passed on made that train rug for my brothers.  I’m so happy that it is now in Preston’s room!

IMG_6526

IMG_6527

His furniture did not come with a nightstand.  Thankfully Target had a great one (Target had a lot of great stuff-like those pictures hanging too-courtesy of Aunt Marrah’s housewarming gift)!  In the drawer he keeps his “important papers” like his post card from Caty.

IMG_6528

My mother bought him that other train rug by the larger dresser!

IMG_6531

IMG_6532

Close up of the bedding here.  I am so in love with the quilt.

IMG_6533

The bathroom is a Yankee inspired theme.  It took forever to find a pinstriped shower curtain.  There is also am amazing website called Everything’s Baseball.  It’s where I found a ton of stuff.

IMG_6519

IMG_6513

Mel bought Preston that stepstool for his second birthday.  It started the theme idea. I even found baseball knobs for the cabinets.

IMG_6514

IMG_6515

Paper Mache tissue box cover from Mary Kelley, glass nightlight that Preston picked out and I changed all the light switches to antique baseballs.

IMG_6516

Yankee Stadium sign from Grandma and PaPa and a Thomas Kinkade painted old Yankee Stadium which has the Bronx County Courthouse in the back where I used to practice.

IMG_6517

Over the toilet we hung the shelf with the mini baseball glove (my favorite), mini Yankee seat and ball and the cutest picture of baby Yankees looking at the All Star Greats!!!  I also have old navy and white towels with a navy waste paper basket.  Preston sure does love his new room and bathroom!!!

14 comments:

Mandy said...

It looks great! You did an awesome job!

Unknown said...

Incredible! It looks fabulous. Wonderful idea to have one gigantic room. Aidan loves the train rug by his bed too!

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

Cool room and bathroom. Preston must love his room so much!

The Wymers said...

Looks awesome Kim. Good job! :P

Jaime said...

We love it! And you should have seen the smile on Caty's face when she saw the part that said that Pres' "keeps all of his important papers, like the postcards from Caty". She said, "I guess we'd better send him some more".

The bathroom is totally Pres!

Unknown said...

Kim, you are amazing! Love both rooms!! Everything looks so professionally decorated! Preston is one lucky kid!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Wow, girlie!! You did a GREAT job! I'm sure Preston never wants to leave his room!!

Katie Jaye said...

Everything looks great, Kim! I love the baseball cabinet knobs!

Unknown said...

Adorable! I am not even going to show my son the Yankee bathroom...I will be demoted from my "cool mom" status! It all looks great!

MEL said...

LOVE everything!!! espeically the little man that lives in that room.

Tiffany said...

Ok, I'm way behind on blogging but I just have to tell you that I love, love, love Preston's room and bathroom (you know cause we're Yankee fans too!). I love it all. And his room is so nice and roomy--great choice to knock out the wall! Thanks for the advice on the washer and dryer. You made me feel a lot better about what I already have. xoxo

Lisa said...

Goodness, where do you find the time??? :) I need to post a pic here of Sunny's bare room. We have a big boy bed now and very proud of it. Asthma keeps me from painting, even using low odor. Maybe when the weather is warm and can air it out real good. Very inspiring!

Caden and Mommy said...

Preston's room is awesome! Such smart thinking to have them build his room as one big room. I SO wish Caden's bedroom was bigger! Love that the spoiled monkey even has his very own "master bath" :0)

Greene Family said...

WOW!! Preston - I LOVE your bedroom and bathroom - so cool!! How awesome to give him a bigger room and his own bathroom! Great job, Kim! Simon is going to love Pres' room when I show him these pics in the morning!