Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmastime is (was) Here…..

What a beautiful Christmas we had this year.  I will let the pictures do most of the talking.  On Christmas Eve our neighborhood picked up the tradition of luminaries (white bags with candles inside) that lines all the streets.  So pretty.  As usual the Raab house, in true Griswald fashion shone brightly this holiday season! See the luminaries on the street? And Preston made sure to put out his reindeer food!

IMG_6101

IMG_6122

IMG_6108

Then it was time for a letter to Santa and off to track him on NORAD.  Which to me was pretty darn awesome.  When Preston went to bed he was delivering gifts in Africa. 

IMG_6130IMG_6134

Putting out the milk and cookies….plate all set up.  We have the cookie, the two carrots for the reindeer, the letter to Santa and I get the cup of milk.  I could see the expression.  I could see something was pissing off my son.  Are you ready?  “I’m not sure I want Santa to drink out of my cup.”  Really?  Are you five or 80?  When I asked why he explained Santa may take it (Heavens forbid Santa, leaving you a boatload of toys absconds with the Target plastic cup that was a dollar).  Santa left a note back to Preston in the morning, “Dear Preston. Thank you for the cookie and for feeding my reindeer.  Enjoy your presents.  I washed your cup and put it away. Love Santa.”  And sadly, he was happy about this.  As you can see Santa really cut back from last year (*sarcasm).

 IMG_6146

Notice the theme of train Christmas.

IMG_6154

IMG_6158

IMG_6159

We pretty much opened gifts all day.  I even relived my youth playing with Lincoln Logs!

IMG_6160

IMG_6170

Much to my happiness (*sarcasm again) the snow returned.  Thankfully we did not get the blizzard that hit NYC and Boston, but I do have to say it makes for pretty pictures!

IMG_6171

IMG_6176

IMG_6177

IMG_6184

IMG_6198

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!!

8 comments:

Danielle said...

So beautiful! What a great Christmas you guys had :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! Preston cracks me up with his cute comments about Santa not using his cup. :-) I love tracking Santa on NORAD - glad I'm not the only one! The house looks beautiful too!

The Wymers said...

LOL - c'mon ... you know you secretly LOVE the fluffy white stuff! :o) Oh, and Preston with his cup - PRICELESS!

Looks like the Pres-meister had quite the Santa delivery, glad you guys had a fun holiday!

Katie Jaye said...

I am hysterically laughing about how you wrote Preston's deep concern for his cup! Very funny! I love that my nephew is as OCD as I am. I totally understand his thinking, I would be POed if Santa made off with one of my Iron Man 7-11 plastic cups that comes with the slurpee.

Sara said...

I laughed out loud at the cup and Santa comment....esp. "he leaves you a bunch of gifts and is going to abscond your $1 cup." You and Preston are so funny! Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas...snow and all. ;)

Unknown said...

Oh, he is just too much with the cup! So funny! Reminds me so much of Grace, she wasn't sure she wanted to share any cookies with Santa! What a beautiful Christmas you had, the snow just made it perfect. Ok, perfect in my eyes, maybe not yours! The house lights are amazing. Your dad does such a great job. I hope he'll come over and Griswold-ize your new house with you next year!

Caden and Mommy said...

I'm so bummed, I had seen the reindeer food in the yard on blogs last year. I made a mental note to do that this year and yah, that note clearly got lost. I guess I need to write it down for next year.
Can I tell you how much I love the story about the cup for Santa :0) That is one of the better Preston stories. How nice of "Santa" to even wash it for him and write a note back.
I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas - minus your unwanted snow - Preston is so cute with his train!

Greene Family said...

The Raab house always looks so beautifully decorated, and I love that picture of Pres in front of the door!
Pres - you crack me up! I'm so glad that Santa didn't take his cup! :) Tracking Santa on NORAD is fun!
Wow, Pres must have been a very good boy again this year! Love the train theme again this Christmas, and Lincoln Logs are so much fun too! Love the excitement on Pres' face!!
The snow pictures are beautiful! It looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas!