Friday, December 24, 2010

We Want to Wish You a Merry Christmas

I have to echo Katie Johnson’s sentiments that receiving Christmas cards has been such a treat. To see all the beautiful children and gorgeous families with warm wishes being exchanged added to the joy of the season. I want to share our Christmas card from this year:

12-24-2010 10;11;19am (2)

It’s been a fun countdown to Christmas this year. Preston has really taken to Santa Claus. He also has been fascinated with the Baby Jesus’ birth. Last night he told us that the wise men brought the Baby Jesus gold. He put his hands out and demanded, “What for? What for? Baby Jesus doesn’t want gold.” Therefore Preston bought the Baby Jesus his own gift this year:

IMG_6094

According to Preston a Matchbox car is a much more appropriate gift for a young boy. I mean, really who wants myrrh? That’s even worse than the globe I got for Christmas one year. The other night my mother and I and a group of the ladies went to Christmas dinner and to the live Nativity. It was a great performance running only about fifteen minutes. I figured this would be a great show for Preston. He was very excited and dubbed it, “The Baby Jesus Show.” I think he really enjoyed the camels the most.

IMG_6093

I leave you with some gorgeous pictures of my little man!!! Merry Christmas everyone. Our love to you all. XOXO!

IMG_6078

IMG_6082

IMG_6083

IMG_6087

IMG_6088

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas, friends! Have a fantastic holiday! Love and hugs!

Yiannakis Family said...

Merry Christmas Kim and Preston!! Absolutely LOVE the snowman hat and Preston is as handsome as ever in his sweater! Hope you both had a great day.

Tiffany said...

Love, love, love that little man! The pics are so adorable! And Merry Christmas (late) to you!

Katie Jaye said...

I love Preston's take on the Baby Jesus.

And Kim, you loved the globe more than your blue boots. (I was watching Family Guy the other night and one of the characters received a globe as a birthday gift and he was pissed off about it. I thought of you.)

Caden and Mommy said...

I love the baby Jesus story, so funny! Caden has been inquiring about babies because his preschool teacher is due to have a baby. He now walks around saying "I'm not born yet". Oh boy, I don't think he is quite understanding it all yet :0)
The last three pics of Pres by the chair in his sweater are adorable!

Greene Family said...

Merry Christmas (a little late)!! I'm in love with Preston - he's too much! That was so thoughtful of him to give baby Jesus a matchbox car! Pres' snowman hat is adorable, and that last picture of him is my favorite!
I agree - such a treat to receive such wonderful Christmas cards! Loved your card again this Christmas with your handsome little man!