Monday, December 6, 2010

How Time Flies…My Baby is FIVE!

Preston is five.  FIVE!  I am stunned at how quickly time has gone.  I must admit I love this age.  Talking to Preston is like talking to an adult anyway.  Except then you look down at this slightly over three foot child and just cannot believe the stuff that comes out of his mouth! Aunt Melski and Aunt Tinka also came down to spend the weekend!

IMG_5929

IMG_5930

As we left the house Saturday night to head to dinner, I was less than amused by the precipitation that was white in color falling from the sky.

IMG_5931

Sunday we had Preston’s birthday party at All Fired Up, a pottery painting place.  All his friends came to spend the afternoon in his honor.  It was truly adorable to watch the kids take painting their pieces so seriously!

IMG_5937

IMG_5939

IMG_5934

IMG_5956

IMG_5959

IMG_5964

This morning Preston got to open his gifts from the family.  I decided this year to get Preston a digital camera.  He always wants to take pictures on my camera and does a great job.  I’m just more comfortable with Preston having his own camera…when he’s outside…wanting to take pictures on the patio…that is concrete. 

IMG_5969

IMG_5967

Our neighbors, the Capparelli’s left a balloon tied to my car this morning for Preston.  He was extremely excited to find that there.  He also had a party in school today.  We picked out plates, napkins and cups and then bought cupcakes and cookies (I would have loved to bake but the school doesn’t allow homemade goods). 

Well baby, you are now five.  You told me tonight you want to be five forever.  I’d like that because then I would be 32 forever.  Although I’m assuming at some point you’ll want to move out of the house.  Preston, I love you with all my heart.  You are my heart.  You are my reason for living.  Happy Birthday my sweet, smart, handsome man!!! Mommy loves you!

15 comments:

Danette Baker said...

Happy birthday Preston (and Kim!)

The Wymers said...

Glad you were still able to have a fun party for the dude - my girls are both in love with his cake and are now fighting over who gets to have a Phineas and Ferb cake for their birthday - because it would appear that they cannot have the same cake ... never mind their birthdays are eight days apart. I think it's just about the fight with those two, honestly. LOL.

We actually got Kylie one of those Kid tough cameras for her birthday last summer and she loves it - she fills the card in thirty minutes, but whatever, it's not mine! You'll have to share some of the dude's pics once he get clicking...

If it makes you feel any better, we got 8" of the fluffy white stuff last weekend and are set to get hit again on Thursday, Friday and Saturday of this week. :o)

Andrea said...

Sounds like Preston had a remarkable birthday. A great and well deserved day for both of you! Happy Birthday, Preston!

marrah said...

happy, happy birthday pres!!! we love you!!!! you are amazing, sweet, awesome, smart, handsome, and kind!!! xoxoxo

Jennjilla said...

Happy Birthday! :)

Unknown said...

Hooray for the birthday boy! What a great party! Seamus is getting a digital camera for Christmas...must be a five-year-old thing! Seamus was also quite excited to see that he and Pres both have that same striped gray polo. So glad that you had such a wonderful birthday Preston...love you and miss you! (And I can't believe VA got snow before NY!!)

Sara said...

Looks like Preston had a wonderful birthday thanks to his special Mom! We wish we could've been at Preston's party....we love to paint pottery. :)

Alex said...

Awww, happy birthday sweet Preston!

Jaime said...

Happy Birthday to one of the sweetest 5 year olds we know! Love you Pres!!!

Mel said...

IM so glad i was able to partake in some of the weekend fun. Of course, i was sad that i had to miss the party but thats what happens when your dad cancels your party. its a good thing you are such a great mom that you made SURE Preston had his party!! Cant wait to come back down in Feb to the DRD!!
Love,
your fat friend mel.

Caden and Mommy said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Preston! Your Mommy made your birthday extra special just for you! It looks like you got a lot of fun new toys :0) All fired up looks like a lot of fun! We love you!

Kristie said...

Happy Birthday Preston!! It looks like you had a wonderful birthday!!!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Happy Birthday P man...to the coolest, most hip 5 year old I know!! We love you preston!

Kasia and Amelia said...

Best and Warmest Birthday wishes to our hero! Looks like Pres had wonderful day and enjoyed his cool presents! Wow big 5!! Awesome! What a cool age!
Hugs and lots of love from Kasia and Ami

Greene Family said...

Happy 5th Birthday Preston (I know I'm really late in posting this)!! Sending big birthday hugs and high fives to the sweetest, smartest, funniest, and most handsome 5 year old we know! Ahhh - to be five forever - great thinking, Pres!
I'm so glad that Pres still got to have his fun party! What a cool place for a birthday party! We love his birthday cake, and it looks like he got fun gifts! You'll have to post some of his pics!
It always brightens my day to see pics of your happy boy! Great pic of you, Katie, and Mel too!