Sunday, May 31, 2009

Because Chris Thinks I am an Ingrate…

We had a really nice weekend. The silver lining of my ex in town was realized-an afternoon off. And as I said on Facebook, it is very nice to go shopping, without a stroller, five packages of fruit snacks, three toys and the constant, "Pres do you have to go to the bathroom?" which he does but of course waits until the very last possible second to tell me while he is dancing as if he is on hot coals wincing in that high pitched voice, "Pee pee-I have to go pee pee Mommy."

But first yesterday he needed a haircut-

IMG_8419

He had been going to Divas n' Dudes down here, but seriously I'd spend $15 dollars for him to sit in a spaceship, watch Thomas on a DVD player smaller than my wallet and have his hair butchered by very nice old ladies who I am sure are wonderful grandmothers but I highly doubt have a cosmetology license. So back to the salon and almost $30 later and it looks so much better! (No more Dumb&Dumber haircuts right Katie???) We then went to the grocery store and much to our surprise the Chesterfield Fire Department was in the parking lot with a BIG FIRETRUCK! Obviously this was way more exciting than the free cookie from the bakery department.

IMG_8443

IMG_8453

This put him in a great mood. Thankfully there was also one of the TWO truck shopping carts available so we avoided a meltdown. Whatever bright light thought up this idea should be shot. I mean there are about 40 kids in a grocery store at any given time and two truck carts. If there is not one available Preston can wake the dead with his wails. I have actually heard him yelling at the lucky sprite that got the cart before him-he actually has said “That is mine. You took my cart.” I try to assure him it is not ours because last time I checked there was no aluminum grocery cart in the garage. And I hate the truck carts. They fit like a bag of lettuce and I cannot steer them through the aisles. I usually skip every other aisle because I need to swing the damn thing 90 degrees. Stupid truck shaped shopping carts.

Today we headed off to Short Pump Mall for Preston to ride on the train. He even wore his special shirt that Aunt Anna made for him. My brother felt I was an ingrate since I did not dress Preston in the shirt thus far this summer but white shirts can only be worn on weekends were I can supervise dirt consumption. If he wore white to daycare it would be beige. He even got compliments from other parents in line that he was appropriately dressed. Here is Preston at the reverse height stand-you must be under this height to be allowed in the train village. I think he will be ok for quite some time….like until his 7th birthday!

IMG_8462

After Grandma bought him some hot pretzel sticks! He also got a few new outfits to don at the convention!

IMG_8463

IMG_8474

And tomorrow is a big day. Preston is moving from Preschool 1 to Preschool 2! Yay! He has been in there a couple of days this week. What did he learn-that the word poop is funny to interject into every song! Lovely! Can all of you going to NYC let me know what it is you may want to see Sunday and Monday and I’ll try to get an itinerary going? Is everyone just meeting on Saturday the 4th at the hotel? Can’t wait!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you, thank you...I am so glad we are not the only ones deluged with "poopy" references day after day. Seriously. Is it still that funny after the 4,367th time it's been interjected into "Head Shoulders Knees and Toes"? Please, let me survive the preschool years!! I love, love, love Pres' train shirt! Your sis-in-law is very talented! Adorable pictures, and the haircut looks great! As for NYC - I was curious if anyone was interested in doing the Bronx Zoo. I know it's not part of the LPA itinerary, but we'd love to see it. Getting very excited!

Anthea said...

Hehehe - I am thinking that "If you are happy and you know it, poop your pants!" would make a great song. Matthew is 9, and he still likes the words poop, butt, puke, etc. I am wondering if he will EVER outgrow it?

Preston is as cute as ever!

Becky said...

As always Preston is cute as ever! I love the picture of him on the back of the fire truck! I don't even have to deal with the shopping cart meltdowns yet and I don't like those things! They take up half the aisle when I am trying to hurry through getting my groceries!

Unknown said...

So cute as always! I was laughing so hard picturing you with Preston in the market with the car carts. We have those and it can be so annoying to maneuver. You almost need a siren that beeps when you go backwards! Wish I was going to meet you in NY at the national.

Alex said...

I love my girls, but it is so nice to shop without kids isn't?? lol
About NYC...I don't really know what's going on. LOL
Are we all meeting up on the 4th? Let me know the plans!! :)

bucket trucks said...

Cute kid.. family that lives together stays together.. :)

Anonymous said...

Cute as always! I love how he is always themed for the occassion! We will get to NYC on Saturday and go to the 4th of July thing. We are also going to the Children's museum, but I don't know if anyone else is going. We are planning to hit the Toys R Us in Times Square at some point, but if you have more ideas, let me know!

Lisa said...

What a sweetie as always. I swear I feel the same way about those big carts. I feel like I'm going through the grocery store driving a semi. Impossible. Good luck if you try to do a little move like reversing because you realized you just passed the mozerella cheese. Nothing's simple in those carts! It's neat he'll be able to keep going on that train for years because of the height. One of the many advantages to being little. I always try to tell Liz all of the advantages that she would be interested in this age, ie.. best hide & seek spots.

marrah said...

So cute!!! I love the firetruck pics.....my nephew is too cute. call me later and let me know how his first day went in Preschool 2....

Laura Wolf said...

Love the pictures in front of the firetruck. Preston always takes such good pictures. I wished my little guy would sit still long enough for the camera.

The Johnson Family 5 said...

I'm going to start with Yay for no "dumb and dumber" hair cuts!! The new do looks great on Pres! His friend Cole hasn't had his cut since "the incident" with purple nails lady. Secondly, will you all stop it now with the NYC talk! I am beyond jealous and ready to just buy a stupid plane ticket to go already...sigh. Ok, that's all for now.

Destini said...

Great haircut, much much better, although Pres is always such a cutie! Love the train shirt, and I am SOOOOO with ya on those stinking carts. Hello, did whoever made those things actually try to drive them? Impossible.

Greene Family said...

Adorable photos, as always - such a handsome boy! I love his new haircut and what a cute shirt that your sister-in-law made him!
Preston is super cute on the back of the fire truck! We are going to our new fire station's open house next weekend, and I can already picture how excited Simon is going to be to see the big trucks up close!
I'm with you on those awful carts! We're not at that point with Simon yet, but I always tell Jason that I hope Simon doesn't want to ver ride in one of those . . . of course, I'm reminded of what a push-over I can be with Simon!
I'm so excited for everyone going to NYC - just wish we were going too! Have a great time!

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim!
I totally get you on the white t-shirts! For some moronic reason I still ocassionally send Caden to daycare in a white T ... I pick him up at the end of the day and wonder what the heck was I thinking?!
I'm glad you found a positive to the x being back in town :0)
Adorable pictures of Preston on the fire truck - he looks so proud! There were no single firemen hanging around the fire truck? darn it :0(
Thankfully we haven't used the truck and car shopping carts yet ... Caden has spotted them, but I act as if I don't see them :0) So far it's working ... I love your commentary on the experience and dread the day when my time comes!
As far as NY we are attending the BBQ on the 4th and watching the fireworks. Will you tell us the best spot to watch from? or hopefully we can all watch together :0)
Sunday we were hoping to watch the DAAA soccer games in the afternoon. I am making Caden a "Future Grasshog" Tshirt in hopes that we will get to see Roloff play :0) If anyone else is interested in watching the DAAA soccer let us know. Sunday night we are doing the Statue of Liberty Sunset Cruise ...Monday morning Caden has his 4 Dr. appts with the MAB Doctors. I'm anxious to hear what you have in store for us :0) I can't believe it is coming so quickly ... you are a hoot already planning the monkey's outfits!

Tiffany said...

OK so Kim I totally feel for you with the annoying car carts! I HATE THEM! And Ruger insists on them. I'm so sorry. On the upside of things your child definetly is sports the best style of any little guy that I know! I love the train shirt and matching hat! So adorable!

Anonymous said...

This was a very funny post! Pher is so demanding sometimes that little poop though Preston looked adorable in the shirt. He was positively beaming in front of the firetruck.

No meltdown on getting the haircut outside of Divas and Dudes? He's just so freaking cute I can't stand it!

Melissa Swartley said...

Love the haircut! Preston is just so stinkin' adorable! Haha! I hate those truck carts too! Akela always wants to ride in one and I sneakily spot them out and avoid them at all costs! Seriously, hands down they are the worst invention ever! I bet Preston was in heaven with those firetrucks!!! I hear ya on the white shirts! I always have tide stain stick to go in my purse and when we get home a bowl of oxy clean awaiting in the laundry room! I'm a nut about stains! We're going to miss you guys in NYC this year! Hopefully we will meet sometime soon though! :)