Tuesday, May 5, 2009

AMERICAN IDOL-Week 9

Rock night. Oh My God! So when I found out it was Slash as the mentor, I was truly super excited. I was the BIGGEST GN'R fan ever. (Ask Mel and Cheryl if you don't believe me). I truly lived, ate, breathed, slept, GN'R. Posters all over my wall (which totally pissed off my mom since it was going to rip the wallpaper) and the door to my bedroom (also pissing off my mom because really Axl did not go with the motif of the rest of the house). I know every word to every song, even those truly explicit ones that got my cassette tapes confiscated by my parents (don't worry I bought other ones). I remember begging to go see them play with Metallica. I was told "no." I mean looking back, I get it, I was all of 14, but they were rock GODS! So you can understand that when my friend Mary Beth tells me she is taking me to see Duff's new band Loaded and perhaps I can meet Duff himself, I get a tad giddy. And did you see Slash in the audience rocking a newsboy cap? Love it!

Well we found out that the Idol stage went through technical problems. I wish the tower had collapsed on DiaGuardi because she honestly almost made me throw a remote at my mother's beautiful plasma TV. The only thing holding me back was the thought of paying for said TV. Every time she would enunciate a syllable I wanted to punch the couch. We also were introduced to the judges and I realized Randy's shirt got into a serious fight with the Bedazzler.

Adam: OK I will give him props. He rocked the Led Zepplin song. He did a great job. I think DiaGuardi calling him a God was a bit much considering he has a long way to go before being allowed in the same circle as Slash. (Wait I just have to pause because Derek was kicked off Dancing with the Stars and Jewel's husband who has the personality of dirt, is still on). OK, moving on.

Allison: Was she even born when "Appetite for Destruction" was released? Anyway I think she did amazing too. Honestly I am glad her and Adam were paired for a duet because they are the rockers of the group and really did a fabulous job on the duet. I thought she did great with the song. Once again you have DiaGuardi knocking her down only to have Paula tell her she was great. I want a DiaGuardi v. Abdul smackdown.

Then we had an intermission of Kris and Danny singing Styx. I like "Renegade" but would have loved them to do "Come Sail Away" for purely personal reasons that only Katie understands.

Kris: Kris is like a Ken doll. He always looks the same, same hair, same style, same smile, just every week they put on different clothes depending on the genre-denim jacket, leather jacket, chambray shirt. He just always looks the same. It really did not matter what Kris sang tonight because he is going anyway. It just is inevitable. If I was in Kris' position I would have picked "Yellow Submarine" over "Come Together" just to be annoying. Although I thought it was cute when he said he almost peed his pants when he met Slash.

Danny: I did not think it was bad at all. Granted, rock is not really Danny's genre, but I think they were a little too harsh. Wedding band back on. The best comment of the night from DiaGuardi, "Would have loved to see you do early Aerosmith, like "Crazy" or "Cryin'" Ummmmm......I would think that early Aerosmith would encompass "Janie got a Gun" or "Love in an Elevator." That's just me. Didn't think songs from videos starring Alicia Silverstone were considered early Aerosmith.

The only criticism I have for the Adam/Allison duet-OK two actually, is Adam must stop wearing leggings and for the love of everything good, why was Allison donning Doc Martins? Meanwhile when they were in style she was in Stride Rite.

So Kris is BYE BYE! Then to be honest, I am stumped on the final. I think Allison can pull it out. Let's see what next week brings!

9 comments:

Caden and Mommy said...

You are hilarious!

Tiffany said...

Yes, so really I'm not sure why Adam had to wear the striped leggings tonight? I was devastated by that style choice, however, he did fantastic. I agree that Kris is a gonner, he's just done all that he can do. He's not bad, it's just he has nothing left to bring to the table...my opinion.

Mike Mallinson said...

See, this is where that 5 year difference shows that our common birthday does not make us the same age! LOL - old Aerosmith is Back in the Saddle and Walk this Way, not Love in an Elevator and Janie's Got a Gun! Hahaha!

Unknown said...

I totally vote for a DiaGuardi/Abdul smackdown. I wanted to smack Kara strictly for the ridiculous hair she was sporting last night. Still love Alison! And I'm proud of her for talking back to Simon! I hope she makes it all the way.

Bobbi said...

Kara is a loser...Period. Every wk that goes by, i think to myself, 'is there any way I can loathe her even more than I already do'...and yep, the answer is YES!!!! If she thinks Dream On isn't early Aerosmith, what is? I have to agree with Mike here...early Aerosmith is Mama Kin, Walk This Way, Big Ten Inch Record (that would've been hilarious to see Danny sing), Sweet Emotion, etc. I hate to admit but Janie's Got a Gun was popular when I was a sophmore/jr at IU! (Yep...I am OLD). Adam rocked the house again...he is just amazing. But I agree....it's adios to Kris. He blew it last night, big time.

Melissa Swartley said...

Damn! I missed it again! I am soooo out of the loop.... LOL! I can totally relate on the posters! I had wall to wall, ceiling and doors included, posters of Metallica, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, STP, Bob Marley, The Grateful Dead, Janes Addiction, Led Zepplin, Hendrix.... I could go on forever.... The worst part ~ I had to spackle every last tiny hole left by the tac's that I used to hang every single one before I moved out! I think it took me all week! LOL!

sharon said...

Kim i love these accounts and i cant watch the show, but watch the british one. Simon must spend all year doing these...Britains got Talent is on over here at the moment and they have just started auditions for the next X factor..wonder how long he can keep them going!! Thank you for making me smile again:)

Greene Family said...

Funny, as always! I bet a lot of people would watch a DiaGuardi vs. Abdul smackdown - haha! I can relate to your love for GN'R, but I didn't have all of the posters (my brothers did in their room though)!

Tonya said...

Okay I am not an Idol watcher and not to draw attention away from your obsession, but um, where is the NYC post? I need to know what I will be doing all week with my boys and fav momma!!! Get it together women!!!!