Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother’s Day Weekend

Well, this Friday was Mother’s Day breakfast at school. My mother and I both went, but I was a little bit disappointed. A lot of moms did not come and I felt that his celebration at his old school last year was much more put together. He was satisfied that we came though and ate in the big kids room. He even showed us his favorite thing there-the easel:IMG_8221


Saturday my mother and I participated in the Susan G. Komen 5K Run/Walk in Richmond. It was really a wonderful cause and our development had a team complete with team shirts and all. Of course this race also smacked me in the face of how out of shape I really am and therefore instead of just lying on the couch and not moving until the pain subsided, I walked another two miles this morning with my family pushing Preston (who is no lightweight). So now I cannot feel my legs, but it has taught me that walking from my desk to the coffeepot at work is not exercise and if I just try I can stop feeling like a Mac Truck hits me when I slightly exert myself (like getting four cups of coffee). I also did some errands yesterday because I utterly refused to go grocery shopping on Mother’s Day! Oh wait! I cannot forget the highlight of the weekend-supervising the visit with my ex husband. This sucks so badly. Preston won’t sit with him alone so until Preston regains trust in him (possibly never), this will be what I have to do. It is so beyond annoying sitting across from a person who hurt not only me but my son. And who whips out the bank card to pay for a lousy $8 kids meal at Friendly’s but has not contributed to Preston’s well being in months. Moving on….


IMG_8223




Today was Mommy’s Day! Preston surprised me with a bag full of goodies including make up, hair accessories, nail polish, flip flops, a beautiful photo album, bath gels/cream/body spray and two cards (oh wait-three-the homemade one with his hand print on it-I wonder if the teacher’s even put his name on it since it is blatantly obvious who that hand print belongs to). Then we had a big breakfast, took our walk and drove to Williamsburg for the day. My best present?? Preston did not fight me on getting one pair of sandals. Yay! He can still wear Crocs to school (at his own risk). Apparently the kids are falling in them. Preston always falls. Footwear is not the reason. LOL! Hope everyone had a Happy Mother’s DAY!!!!! IMG_8239

16 comments:

Unknown said...

That last picture...oh my goodness! Adorable! How many bucket hats is he up to now? I am so disappointed, I have been able to find a whopping ONE bucket hat that will fit Seamus' noggin! And it's not even that cute! We need a trip to the VA outlets, stat. So glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day. And you are an amazing person for putting up with Matt for Preston's sake! Pres is one lucky boy to have such an awesome Mommy :-)

marrah said...

love the pics...as usual...We hope you had a wonderful mommy's day!! You deserve it.... I can't believe he finally got sandals..you are like a dog with a bone...Rufff.....lol. love you both.

Renay said...

Owen falls all the time too...

Anyway, Happy Mother's Day Kim-you inspire me as a single mom loving on your boy sooo much...and dealing with the ex -boo.

Thanks for the blog shout out...having a new baby gets me behind with commenting but i am loving your AI posts so much...could you believe it was Allison to go???

I'm just not sure who will take all at this point.

Again, so glad you had a special day and kuddos to "Preston" for the goodie bag for you-how nice;-)

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim~
Sorry the Mother's day breakfast at school was a let down and you had to spend Saturday with your ex! Not a fun situation!!!
I'm glad Preston finally agreed to a pair of sandals ~ makes the weekend a little better for you :0) Good job on the 5K!
Caden is STILL running a fever ... so looks like I will have a 3 day weekend.
Cute pictures as always ... Preston might just need an easle for his house :0)
Trisha

Alex said...

A bag with make up??? How freaking cute!!! He is so cute, as always! I love going on walks, especially when they are for a great cause...I wonder if we could organize a LPA walk one day?? :)

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's day to an amazing mommy. Sorry to hear about he disappointment at the Mother's Day Breakfast...you would think more moms would attend. I think we had a Susan G. Koman race for the cure here in Sacto this past weekend. Good for you...gonna keep up the exercise? Love Preston in his hats...you just want to come up and give him hugs and kisses.

sharon said...

What lovelly presents..you so deserved them:) Well done in persusding preston to get sandals..i can so imagine the balttl you've been through. I agree its not shoes that make our little ones so expert at falling over..Fern falls over any blade of grass sticking up too much or even abit of bumpy air!!
I hear you on being out of condition..yesterday i was running up and down a ward trying to exercise an 11 year old and got out of breath (that should never have happened!!)
Preston just gets cuter:)

The Wymers said...

Sorry to hear that the school party wasn't what you were expecting - I was one of those crazy moms who skipped it though, so I can't talk! :o) Love all the pics of P, as usual, he's an absolute cutie. Very cool that you finally got him a pair of sandals!

Lisa said...

He looks so adorably cute - as always. It's odd because Liz hasn't had a Mother's Day lunch/breakfast at any of the schools she's been at. Guess it's the one-on-one time with the little man that's the most important!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Happy MD Kim!! I CANNOT wait for Cole to have little events at school for which I can attend. I can't believe there are parents that didn't go! So sorry to hear about the "ex" showing back up. Maybe people can change!?!? I don't know, but Preston is one lucky boy to have you for his mama and he sure knows how to shower you with love and the best gifts!!

Danielle said...

I'm glad that you had a good weekend (minus the visit with the ex part)! As always, you got great pictures...Preston is just so adorable, I can hardly stand it! Peyton is ALWAYS falling too. I think people think I'm mean because she will fall and I'll just turn and look at her and say "get up, you are fine". She looks like she's so much younger, people think she's a baby, not a 2-year old. If I made a big deal every time she fell she'd be crying all the time!
Happy Mommy's day!

caitlin said...

kim its the outfit from last week! lol hes adorable and i hope you had a great mothers day!

Greene Family said...

Goodness - Preston is just too adorable!! I can't wait to give him a hug one day soon! I love those photos! The one of the two of you cracks me up - Simon likes to blow raspberries at times when I try to take his picture because he thinks it is the funniest thing!
I love all of Preston's bucket hats! Thanks for the advice about the hats! We used to wear hats on Simon pretty much 24 hours a day until he was about 6 months old or so to keep his body temperature . . . well, we gave him a break for a few minutes after that, and I guess that is the time that he decided he was done with hats. So, we'll know better for Baby #2. :)
I'm so glad that you had a great Mother's Day complete with a goody bag and cards from Preston!! Sorry to hear that the breakfast at school was a bit of a disappointment though. I love going to Williamsburg - we'll have to meet there sometime!
Way to go on the 5k for a great cause! I think I would have been on the couch the next day.
Happy Mother's Day!!

Destini said...

OK 1) Awesome job on the 5K - I don't think I could even finish a 5K at anything faster than a mall walk. I am seriously OUT OF SHAPE.
2) Preston the king of the bucket hats is just so darn cute and a little stinker with the tongue out! I'm with Emily, I can't find hats that fit Trace right, they are all either too big or too small!
3) Happy Mother's Day (late)!, Preston gave you the ultimate present with getting sandals...now will he wear them???
4) I'm so glad that my kid is not the only one that falls down all the time and people look at me like I'm the devil as I stand and look at him until he gets up - hello, with his noggin if he leans a little forward gravity takes over!

Unknown said...

I'm telling you Preston is just too cute!! He always looks so neat and has the most adorable outfits. Any who, I would love to try and meet up with you either on my way up or on my way back down. I am leaving the 26th and should be going to DC on the 29th. I will keep you posted as to what we are doing. Again I love the pictures of Preston!!!

Jennjilla said...

Happy (belated) Mommy's Day! :) I love the pictures - Preston is such a doll! I love his shades! I wish I could get Saw to wear his...