Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Preston's Weekend Fun

This was a pretty jam packed weekend. On Friday night Preston and I went for a walk into Bronxville and I had a hankering for Haagen Daz ice cream. I had yet to feed Preston dinner, but while passing the ice cream parlor I saw my friend Renee and her daughter Sofia. I was put in contact with Renee through Columbia Presbyterian Hospital when Renee was still pregnant with Sofia and achon was suspected. Sofia and Preston are only two months apart and both are ridiculously cute together. She has a full head of gorgeous curls. I actually did not have my camera on me, too bad! Preston ended up with frozen yogurt for dinner so he could play with Sofia.

Saturday we ran a lot of errands, including Preston's new favorite place-the post office, where he entertained everyone on the line and since we know the people in the post office (well my mother does and by proxy I do too now), Preston also received a coloring book and crayons from Mike. That afternoon Aunt Tinka came over and she needed to head to Sephora, me to MAC so off to the mall we went. Guess what Preston likes? Those mall rides! He never really loved them before, but this time he had to try every one. He even rode Garfield, which he called a tiger!




Sunday was a whirlwind. Melissa came over with Amanda and Thomas. We were all set to take the kids to the playground and we rounded the corner, they had the swings in view and it started to rain. We told them "Let's go guys." They looked at us like, "Dude, we just got here-there's the playground! What the hell!" So since we were rained in, I made grilled cheese sandwiches and Preston and Amanda had a play date picnic in my parents' kitchen. Since the rain storm was a little ridiculous, my parents were stuck in Virginia and could not fly back to New York, so I had to give up my ticket to the Springsteen concert. (Very uncool). We did however head over to Aunt Pat and Uncle Dennis' house for meatballs and tortellini!


Preston is back at school-and he has big changes. He is transitioning into the String Bean room from the Chili Peppers. He is getting older and it is time to move up. He is pretty psyched about the water fountain in the room and the computer.

Have a great week!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim the cut-off shirt is hilarious! I wish I could have had dinner with you guys at Aunt Pat's! It looked like everyone was having a good time!

Anonymous said...

What a bummer about the concert! So sorry to hear that. However, I did get a chuckle over Preston's muscle shirt...I love it! Sounds like a fun weekend - they just go by way too fast :-(

Matthew Laurin said...

Oh Preston is just too cute. He is really starting to look older too. I'm glad you guys had such a fun filled weekend. Ice cream for dinner sounds like my kind of meal :) I crave ice cream every single day. You craked me up about what the kids faces said when you guys said you had to leave the park after just getting there. Your post are always entertaining.

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim!
Adorable pictures of Preston, as always! I love the one of him in the spaceship ride! Do those rides still cost a quarter? it's been many years, but I know my time is coming :o)
Sorry you had to miss the concert! UGH!!
... and there is nothing wrong with ice cream for dinner, from a two year olds perspective :o)!
Trisha

Anonymous said...

Kim,
He is adorable as always.
Amanda

Mandy said...

I just love the cut off shirt too. He is turning into a regular " Larry the Cable Guy" lol
I'm sorry you had to miss the concert I know you were really looking forward to it.
Hope that you are enjoying your summer so far.

Destini said...

Yeah Kim, you might be happy about the rides today, but wait for every other trip to the mall. Just start carrying around a sack of quarters! Trace is also moving on up at daycare - to the two year old pre-school room, complete with bathrooms and waterfountains! It kinda makes me sad :)

Renay said...

My kids don't even know those rides move;-) They think they are just stationary "rides"-he, he.

I so agree re: the fall TV line-up.
I must admit, I seriously doubt 1) you watch as mcuh TV as me and 2) that you will like half the garabage I like;-)

I've been watching America's Got Talent (AGT) and it's coming down to where they have the finalists chosen...I've been contemplating blogging aout it like you did AI b/c it was so entertaining...and really David Hasselhoff...come on.

I'm a really big Grey's fan...how bout you?

Other wastes of time/mindless entertainment include lost, Survivor, House, oh and I am a huge HEROES fan...yeah, I know-no slack kay? and finally the biggest loser and friday night lights. I may have missed some but it's hard to keep track of such a bad habit, ya know? Of course I love AI and am sad that it aires so infrequently. Once per year is too little in my opinion. So, let me know;-)

Lisa said...

Kim, Preston is always such a cutie pie. I really think he and Liz would get along so well.
Can't wait to hear the next story!
Lisa