Saturday, July 19, 2008

Rockin' Preston

Well first off-Preston actually slept without a hitch last night-maybe it's my parents' house. Emily's suggestion of his adenoids is another possibility-they are big, but his ENT is hesitant to do this surgery until around three, but I may bring it up at our next appointment in September (or earlier if the sleeping issues don't stop).

I have a rule about music in the car-Preston gets his music for a bit (consisting of any of the Fisher Price Little People CDs for kids-big hit BTW, Playhouse Disney or the Little Einsteins Musical Missions)and then it is Mommy's turn. Usually I put his on faded into the back when I am on a phone call in the car, but if we are just driving in silence-there will eventually come a point where I am ready to insert a nail gun into my temporal lobe. Then it is time for Mommy's music. He is becoming more and more accustomed to my music anyway, so we are almost at a 50/50 split of air time.

Preston has a select few songs that he actually likes and knows as soon as the music starts. Some of his faves include-"Black Horse and a Cherry Tree" by KT Tunstall, "Escape" with Gwen Stefani and Akon (appropriate huh?), "Low" by Flo Rida (yes my son listens to Flo Rida and undestands apple bottom jeans), "With You" by Chris Brown (likes the repetitive chorus), "Hello" by the Beatles, "Damaged" by Danity Kane (which is precious to listen to him sing "fix it, fix it, fix it" and most recently he has added "When I Grow Up" by the Pussycat Dolls to his repetoire. He also is into hair bands-as I sang Bad English's "When I See you Smile" and I inserted "when I see Preston smile" which made him...well, smile. As you can see his music tastes are wide ranging-much like Mommy's. He is a huge fan of "Livin' on a Prayer" and loves listening to it on my IPod. So here is Preston rocking to the IPod which he told me had to be played LOUD!

11 comments:

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim!
Too friggin cute! I love that kid! I'm glad he slept throught the night! Yippee!
Trisha

Sarah said...

How CUTE!!! Great taste in music too :) I love hearing that NY accent when you talk too...Preston is just too cute! Looks like he needs his own IPod now :)

Anonymous said...

that is adorable! he and grace would have a blast together..so far she is a big AC/DC fan :-)

Tonya said...

He is so cute!! I also love you little accent!! Yes, you do have one! You have to get one of him dancing, jammin away the night. My fave Bon Jovi song is the song from the Young Guns movie.

Jaime said...

Kim, this is too cute! Reminds me a Caitlyn. She loves to listen to my IPOD. Isn't it funny how our kids know about IPODS!!! Caty is telling us that she wants her own - Scott tells her "when you get a job." A few more years sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

i watched this twice and of course i'm like, "what accent??"

Mandy said...

That is so cute.I too love the accent. You can tell your from New work.
Glad that you are finally getting some sleep. I hope that it happens for you when you are away from gamma and poppa's house.
I'm so jealous. I don't even have an I-pod. Just a regular mp3 player.

Anonymous said...

Great video! Preston's got air time on You Tube!

Anonymous said...

HAHA very cute!!! I expect to hear some Billy Joel next time! I'm so glad I got to see you and the lil man this weekend!!

Brian Hedger said...

What is it with Bon Jovi and little kids/moms?

Lisa is a huge Bon Jovi fan, and now, by proxy, so is our daughter.

The other day, she was making up her own song, making up the lyrics as she went along, and it went something like this ... "Ooooh, Ban Jovi! We love Ban Jovi! Ban Jovi! Ban Jovi!"

The man is a menace!

Hehe. Very cute post.

Lisa said...

That's funny. I just saw Brian's comment. I was going to say - that Liz has become a huge Bon Jovi fan and yes, she calls him Ban Jovi. She's here on my lap watching the video. She wants to watch it again!