Monday, July 7, 2008

The Fourth...

So I had a four day weekend, but other than Thursday and a bit of Friday the weather on Long Island pretty much for the lack of a better term...blew. I was so disappointed since I was looking forward to four days lounging by the pool, instead we had two. But Preston hung out in the pool! Yay! I was afraid he was going to be all wuss-like this summer, but we were kicking our feet on the stairs and next thing you know he was in with all his clothes on. Which was fun until I realized his regular Pull Up was so saturated with water I almost could not get his shorts off! Good to know that if he ever pees for seventy two hours straight this pull up should not leak.

Here are some pics from our weekend...see if you can pick out the theme...










Yup! He is pretty much always eating...or thinking about eating. Thank heavens he is so super active and what he eats is healthy or as my brother Charlie would say...I'll have a Huskaroo on my hands. :-) He really only gets a treat once a week, but I never have difficulty with him eating. Although I have to say he does eat more of a variety at school. Two year old peer pressure. He'd never eat veggies in front of me, but he drives them home at school!

In other BIG NEWS...Congratulations Katie and Steve! Steve proposed to Katie on July 4th in Disney World. He carried the ring around all day until 10:00 p.m. I really know that he carried it in a fanny pack. I wish they would just admit that. What is so wrong with a belted man purse? Ok he really did not have a fanny pack but in my version of events he did. So here's to a lifetime of health and happiness you two! Preston and I are thrilled. Welcome to the family Steve-now you will always have the chore of wiping down the table after Sunday dinner...we may even let you come in from the garage. I love you both!

14 comments:

Tonya said...

Kim! The pic with Preston and the creamy lips is too cute! His look is like "oh, your not suppose to see that...can you see any evidence I had my face in my plate?"

Congrats Katie and Steve!!!

My dad, Uhm, carries a man purse/clutch. Always have. I am kinda use to it. ;)

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Love all of Preston's red, white and blue! Very patriotic!! Cracking up over here over the fanny pack! My dad used to have one and ummm..I guess I'll admit that I had a pink one...waaay back in the day :)

Congrats to the happy couple!!

Jennifer said...

I was just relieved to see him eating something besides spit or boogers or ants. Oh wait, he wasn't eating boogers he was busy sticking peas up his nose! I just know I'm gonna totally love this boy when I see him in person. Grandma Merciez sends her love! And I still think he's just way too cute for his own good.

Andrea said...

I thought the theme was "totally adorably cute as can be!"

Sarah said...

Preston is so cute! I smile through your entire post just looking at him. I was worried about Will being a wuss with the pool this year (last year he screamed and had a fit, skinning his knee while doing it just so he didn't have to get in!) but this year he got in and loved it! Glad Preston did too! I have the same problem with food :) Yumm.
Congrats to Katie and Steve!

Anonymous said...

Kim,
He is cute as always! He looks like he is ready for GQ magazine in his plaid shorts.
Thanks for the photos,
Amanda

Shelley said...

Hi! My sister is Amanda (of the Hall Family - Parker's mom). I found your blog through hers and LOVE reading it! Your Preston is just too cute and his pictures always make me smile! You are one lucky mom (and it seems as if Preston is pretty lucky too).
-Shelley

Anonymous said...

Kim! What fantastic news about Katie and Steve. Please tell them congrats for us! Do I see a tiny ringbearer tux in Preston's future??

Anonymous said...

Kim! What fantastic news about Katie and Steve. Please tell them congrats for us! Do I see a tiny ringbearer tux in Preston's future??

Mandy said...

So glad that you had a great holiday. Thanks for sharing the pictures they are great. Andrea is always wanting to eat too.

Congrats to Katie and Steve!

Jaime said...

Kim, it sounds like you had a great weekend, despite only 2 days spent at the pool. 2 is better than none. Caitlyn is ALWAYS eating too! It's amazing that she still only weighs 24 pounds. Don't we all wish that we could eat and eat and eat and not gain anything! Love the pictures of Preston! He's such a cutie!

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim! Yeah for Preston going swimming in the pool. Those pull ups and diapers are something else when they get wet! Cute pictures!
Trisha

Destini said...

Preston is so handsome, and so photogenic! Love the plaid shorts, I think Trace has the same pair. Great news about the pool - I was worried this year too, but it seems that all of our boys have come around to water!

Anonymous said...

LOL I thought the theme at first was Fourth of July wear! Way to throw me off!

I too also made the mistake of not taking the pull-up off one of the kids I was watching. It swelled up like a balloon and weighed like ten pounds!

Thank you for the shout-out of the engagement! You're the best! I think Steve would have preferred a fanny pack than constantly checking his wallet to see if it was still in there! Love you!

PS: Thanks to all your friends and fellow BLOGgers for their congrats! :-)