Friday, August 1, 2008

This and That

I feel the need to just write a random entry about a few things-answer some comments, etc.

First I must answer Renay's comment about fall television. As you all know Renay and I were big Idol fanatics and I feel since it does not come back on until January (pause for frowning) and you all will just miss my commentary sooooo much, I have to maybe pick something else to write about. I must also say that in the AI offseason, my boy Ryan was bitten by a shark.

I must say, I am ridiculously obsessed with my television (probably due to the lack of a boyfriend-I should probably work on that). I love September. The whole month is like a big holiday. September brings about three major events (all having to do with television-how pathetically sad am I, but I'll keep writing):

1) The kickoff of football season. Of course last season, being a NY Giants fan-I don't know if anything can top that so as I go in awfully excited I don't know if anything can possibly be as amazing as defeating the undefeated Pats. (And you all know my fondness for New England sports teams).

2) Baseball begins to get exciting. Of course it is only exciting for me if two things happen a) the Yankees actually make the post season this year or if they don't, b) hope the Red Sox fall into the black hole of oblivion. And finally...

3) The beginning of fall television. (I actually think I just heard the Heavens open). I for one watch way too many shows. My friend Kim and I each try to pick a new show for the season. What is not coming back is Shark or Cane. So here is my line up if I remember: House, Ugly Betty, Dirty Sexy Money, Desperate Housewives, Two and a Half Men, Rules of Engagement, Gossip Girl and Grey's. I think my favorite is Grey's because I totally heart Patrick Dempsey. Although Gossip Girl runs a tight second. (Hey what do you expect form a girl who has not had 90210 since college)? In fact I was so jealous last week when GG was filming right outside my father's office in the City. My sister totally dropped the ball by not going out to take pictures or at least giving me updates on the fashions. Then again Dr. House is quite entertaining, although after watching each episode I believe that I will die. In fact last season when a girl died from a staff infection due to her bra strap cutting her I was suddenly petrified of all back closure bras. So we will see what the fall brings---many nights of my sorry butt on the couch that's for sure.

In other news, the dude had his 2 1/2 year old well visit. He is 27 pounds even. His height-I never go by her measurements so we'll see what Dr. Angulo says next week. He takes like four measurements on paper with two others helping him, so we will see what the official report brings. His doctor was impressed with his personality-Preston has a sense of humor and jokes around that she believes is advanced for his age. (My smart dude-see what happens when I got to raise him on his own?)

I also received his orientation/welcome package from the String Bean teachers. It said "Your child is now in preschool." I welled up with tears at that point. He is in preschool. WOW! Time surely is flying.

9 comments:

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim!
Great post! Unfortunately I don't find that much time to watch TV ... however I do make time for Desperate Housewives, Bachelor or Bachelorette and Survivor. I have also just recently got hooked on the spin-off from the Real Desperate Housewives of Orange County - Date My Ex, Jo & Slade. Pathetic but funny! Since it's summer vacation I find more time for TV :o)
I'm so happy Preston is doing well ... and it is so precious he is part of the string bean class now! Yes, time does go by so fast! I can't wait to meet that little personality!
Trisha

Alex said...

Hey Kim,
I'm a fan of Grey's and Desperate Housewives...I can't wait for the new seasons!!
I am glad to hear that Preston's visit went well!

Jaime said...

Hey Kim, I have to say that I am a huge fan of Grey's as well. There are so many shows that I watch, it gets out of hand sometimes. THANK GOODNESS for DVR's!!!

How excited about Preston starting preschool! Caitlyn is on the waiting list for a few Head Start programs in our area. We're waiting for the day that we get the call to tell us that she is in. In fact, just today we bought a great book called "What to expect at Preschool" by Heidi Murkoff. It's a great book!

Glad to hear that Preston's appointment went well!

Renay said...

First off-a shark? Really? Where-not location geographically but on his precious bod...

Second-football and baseball? Ewwww...

Thirdly, great post. It appears I was correct and we don't watch many of the same shows...looks like Grey's and House are it. But I hear 90210 is coming back...that was my HS days #1 show...I loved staying p watching it-oh how simple those days were-so did you love my post about Owen's hair resembling Ian Zerring??? I forgot I do sometimes watch me some dancing with the stars when the stars are decent.

I guess Grey's commentary is the front runner???

Andrea said...

Hi Kim,
I want to email you, but don't have your email address. I'm hoping you can help me find a blog I've been looking for. I can't remember how I got linked to it, but it was a couple who had twins, one had a lethal skeletal dysplasia and the other was healthy. If you know the blog I'm refering to, please email me (amowen@comcast.net)

Your son is adorable, by the way.

Andrea

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim...I am psyched about Grey's, as it's the only show I watch religiously, and I just can't wait for fall in general. I am not a huge fan of the summer, and as others are groaning over the Halloween stuff already in stores, I am secretly jumping up and down in excitement for pumpkins and candy corn. LOVE the fall. Picked up Seamus' backpack for school today...and yes, I had a tear welling up in my eye as the LL Bean associate pulled out his adorable red bag with "Seamus" embroidered across it...they grow up too fast :-(

Lisa said...

I must admit I was a little disappointed in Greys last year. But I'm psyched for this year. I think it'll be good. I like almost all of your shows too.

Mike Mallinson said...

Well, Cherylle will have to cover all the girlie shows and reality tv for our household, but House and Ugly Betty rock. My other Tivo favorites are Monk, The Office, My Name Is Earl, and (because I'm a big nerd) Doctor Who :-). Woot for football season, tho!!

Evan's starting Kindergarten in just over a week - it's terrifying to realize just how fast they actually grow up. Fortunately Caits is still young (lol - I originally typed "little" then corrected it!!) enough to be in daycare, so that ain't so bad yet. We are meeting with the school district the same day Evan starts kindergarten, though, for her first ISP (Individual Service Program) where hopefully we'll be getting referrals to OT and PT for her. She's pulling herself up to her feet with the furniture now, and she's definitely mastered her rendition of the commando crawl (which I've renamed the butterfly crawl, after it's resemblance to the swimming stroke) but we'd love some help while she tries to learn to walk & as she starts to run into more of the challenges from being built differently than the rest of the world!

Man, I really need to start my own blog one of these days instead of leaving 17 paragraph responses on the blogs I read! LOL

Anonymous said...

Ryan was bitten by a shark?! I didn't hear this! Maybe he was talking and the shark heard his irritating voice.

I did drop the ball. You and Maeve probably hate me for that one. And I totally agree with you on the House-bra situation; I think about everytime I take it off and it itches back there. I've asked Steve to check a few times to see if there were any scratches.

And preschool already! We didn't go until we were three! Pher went early but cried like a little bitch until he turned three and mom brought him back to try again. Maybe Preston's a true little Einstein!