Wednesday, March 5, 2008

OK I have been Convinced

Katie has been trying for years to get me into the BLOG world. In fact when I told her that I would start a blog and requested help in naming this blog, she suggested, "I'm Copying my Cool Sister." Was not a fan of the title. So I went with Monkey and Mommy. Which of course if you don't know me could be quite a disturbing title, I mean, I know am I single and all, but what would I be doing with a monkey....Heads out of the gutter!

I should attribute the title to my mom. She began calling Preston "Baby Monkey" at like, two months old. The name has stuck. Of course there are quite a few variations on the theme, like Baby Monk, Monk or Monkey. Being that he is the little monkey, that prompts mom to buy anything and everything manufactured in the past two years that dons a monkey. In fact when Crazy 8 came out with a clothing line Monkey Brigade, she bought the whole line. It's even become a running joke because everyone knows she has a Baby Monkey. And by everyone I mean that literally-like the Greenlawn Post Office, the staff at Cougarbies, the deli guy at Waldbaums...even now the poor tween that works at CVS photo department who really thought when my mom was picking up her photos of "her baby monkey" that she was going to show him some portrait of a mammal resembling Marcel from "Friends." (By the way I have really no idea what tween really means, it's just such an overused word right now I feel kind of cool using it). Alas, only a pic of Preston. Even dad thinks it is funny to say, "You think Mom has a baby monkey?" He envisions Preston stepping off the bus in eighth grade and Mom calling out "Hey baby Monkey!"

So that is where the title comes from. Katie wanted "Starfish Memories." This is because Preston's paws are shaped like starfish and Katie adores them. Once again I shot Katie's blog title to a non existent place (think the Patriots in Perfectville). And here we are. Mommy, the divorced, single gal and Preston the most adorable two year old in the world. These are our stories. (I feel as if the Law and Order "dum dum" should play after that line).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I commend you on your first BLOG. It is hard to start in a new frontier that is full of frontiering and writing. I am proud of you Kimberly-san. I also like how you wrote this when you should be working though you need to be careful about this. If Dicker finds out, you could be working in an office that is a kitchen.

With that being said, I laughed a lot during this posting. Though I think you are lying about mom calling him baby Monk. I have never once heard our mother refer to Preston as a monkey.

I love the pink background! The only thing that totally sucks about this BLOG is the fact I have those damn Tickmaster prompts to do before posting a comment.

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Congrats on the new blog!! I'm sooo excited to read all about your little monkey, Preston :) Oh and P.S...I love your sisters name!!

Tonya said...

YEAH!!!!! I can't wait to read about you and Preston!! Love ya!!

Unknown said...

I didn't know you had your own blog! I am so happy to have found it :P I had no idea Preston was also diagnosed w/lethal dysplasia... But thank God he is such an adorable child!

-Alex (Josh's mom)