Monday, March 24, 2008

A Basket of Fun-Easter Weekend 2008

We had quite the exciting weekend! Friday I cooked Good Friday dinner and I must say it was a success.

Saturday was the much anticipated trip to the New Hope and Ivyland Railroad! Just a little background on why we took such a journey. Mom has become quite proficient on YouTube and one day Preston, being Preston was getting antsy so she typed in "trains chugging along." The ninth or so video down was entitled, "Wet and Dreary" and there was a picture of a big black steam engine. The video was 9 minutes and about 58 seconds. Mom and Preston watched this video for weeks-along with the Fire Truck video she found. Preston's new catch phrase was "Choo-Choo ah ah ah", which translates to trains and the sound a fire engine makes. So I decided to find out more about the New Hope and Ivyland Railroad where "Wet and Dreary" was filmed. Turns out New Hope is like one hour and forty minutes away and we can ride the steam engine with the EASTER BUNNY! How cool was that? I have been waiting to see Preston's reaction when he realized that the YouTube video had come to life. Katie even brought the video camera. This is what I was expecting...
And this is the train that pulled up! Quite a difference. One is steam and one is diesel. I was very angry and feel misled even though I was never technically promised the steam engine. That might be reserved for the Santa Claus rides. In any event I have a call into the good peeps at the New Hope and Ivyland Railroad and I'll have to keep you posted.

Preston had a great time nonetheless. He was so excited when the train pulled up even though he'll tell you now that the whistle was loud. He loved the "Eata Bunny" and even received a little bag of goodies. He also felt the need to show the Easter Bunny his newest boo-boo on his index finger. He is so cute! Here are some cute pictures from our time in New Hope. Aunt Pat asked where the train took us-basically through people's backyards. They also served food and drink on this excursion-this was just ridiculous. I mean do you need a beverage and snack for a 45 minute train ride? They also tried to get you to purchase a $25 picture with the Easter Bunny. Meanwhile pictures were free if you took them on the station platform-that is where Preston's Kodak moment with the Bunny took place. We had a lot of fun in the car going home after Preston watched Elmo and Kid's Favorite Songs 2, by singing along with my diverse IPod. Preston even danced to Lionel Richie's "All Night Long" and Katie sang us a bitchin' rendition of Styx's "Come Sail Away" which she will be singing at Chris and Anna's wedding.

Sunday was Easter and Preston's first real egg hunt. He had a blast and really understood the concept. He also caught on very quickly that my Mom, I mean the Easter Bunny put a candy inside the eggs. Here is Preston's loot and his egg hunt.

The day finished off at Aunt Pat and Uncle Dennis' for dinner which was awesome. Matt bought a deep fryer and treated us to real mozzarella sticks. Katie and Steve who did not join us yesterday since they went to Steve's family's, totally missed out-so I sent Katie a picture of the plate.


Hope everyone had a great weekend!

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Preston is so cute! Love all of the photos!
Lisa

Tonya said...

Oh, I can't wait to give that little boy a hug!! I love his blue jacket!! He enjoyed his Eata Egg hunt and walked away with plenty!! Too cute!

Renay said...

What a fun day! Sorry bout the non-steam engine;-(

Are you ready for American Idol week 3??? Wa-whoo!!!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Oh, I just want to hug Preston he is so darn cute!! I'm glad you had fun on the train! By the way...THANK YOU sooo much for the new jackets for Cole!! I can't wait for him to wear them one day...when he gets a little bigger!! They are so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Preston is sooooooooo cute. I love the jacket and the hat. What a great outing! Can't wait til Bryan is able to enjoy things like that.

Candi
YaYa to Bryan

Anonymous said...

Preston is sooooooooo cute. I love the jacket and the hat. What a great outing! Can't wait til Bryan is able to enjoy things like that.

Candi
YaYa to Bryan

Sarah said...

Kim-Preston is too cute for words! I love the coat and hat! Stylish little man! I LOVE that picture of him with his little mouth in the OHHH shape :) I can just picture him seeing the train or something and being so excited! and the picuture of him looking out the window. I'm glad it was fun Easter for you both. It looks like he made out pretty well!

Anonymous said...

that coat is too much! so glad you guys had fun. i had to laugh at your comment about getting a snack for the 45 min train ride...we literally can't walk to the car without a cup of goldfish in tow! snacks are my secret mommy power! happy easter to all of you :-)

Catherine Merciez Wright said...

I'm going to be original and say I hate the jacket and hat! Just kiddng. I really do love them! Can't wait for tomorrow's AI update!

Jennifer said...

Geeeeez! Can that boy be any cuter? And the loot...he is well loved and treasured too! Can't wait for Owen to understand the holiday festivities.