Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Little of This of That

What else have Pres and I been up to this January?  Well, last weekend we met at my parents’ clubhouse to make Valentine cards for sick children.  One of the woman in the development organizes this every year. She does an amazing job choosing the children and getting all the supplies. It is so heart wrenching to read the stories of these children and how many of them will not get better.  It’s amazing how health is taken for granted. I know most of my readers have children where health concerns have always been in the forefront. It just proves how we should never take health for granted.  Here are Pres and I making our cards. 

IMG_6266

IMG_6268

We are still acclimating to the house. Preston does love his room and has found a home for all his toys! Those canvas bins from Target are a lifesaver!

IMG_6274

He convinced my father to set up the train set at my parents’ house.  He is very excited to go with my father tomorrow to pick up Lionel trains.  My father has an amazing collection and had to have his two engines fixed.  The man who fixed them has a train room that will knock Preston’s socks off.  It’s equivalent of me walking into Carrie Bradshaw’s shoe closet.  As you can also see, I also could no longer deal with the growing out of the hair.  It looked great at night after bath, but by morning was just impossible to deal with.  No worries if I didn’t like it since Pres’ hair grows like a weed! Have a great week everyone!  (And for my Idol followers----I cannot wait to start blogging for Idol.  I am actually very excited about this season)!

IMG_6293

IMG_6298

6 comments:

Marrah said...

You are a great mom!! Pres is super lucky to have you!! Miss you and cutie patootie!!

Yiannakis Family said...

What a great idea, making the Valentine's cards. Health is definitely something no one should take for granted

Katie Jaye said...

I think that's a very nice idea to make those cards. Those kids will really enjoy them; everyone likes getting a lot of Valentines!

Greene Family said...

That is so sweet to make the Valentine's cards for the sick children - I'm sure that they will be so excited to receive them. I agree that health should never be taken for granted.
Those canvas bins are a lifesaver! We have a few in the boys' rooms and they look the same with cars and trucks piled to the top of them! So, does Pres keep his toys in his room? I notice in your house pictures that there were no toys in your living room whereas our living room, you have to watch where you step so that you don't trip or fall on toys most of the time. :)
Cool train set Pres! Love that last picture of him!
Jude's hair has gotten super crazy in the mornings lately too, so I keep saying I need to take him for a haircut but haven't just yet.
I can't wait for your Idol blogs! I didn't plan on watching this season, but I recorded the first show just to see what I thought of the judges, and I really like this season so far.

Sarah said...

Love that you guys did the Valentine thing. How cool that your parents neighbor puts that together. Your absolutley right that our health is often taken for granted. So cool that you two could do that.
We also have those Target bins and they are GREAT! I don't know what we would do w/out them either. My problem is soon there won't be room for those bins either ;)

The Wymers said...

That card thing is a great idea - I'm sure the kids will be stoked to get something when V-day rolls around! Love all the pics of you and the dude, you guys are looking great! ;D