Monday, January 10, 2011

We Have Moved!

Right now I have no television, phone or Internet. I'm not sure what's worse the fact that I don't have any phone, cable or Internet until the 19th (yes, you heard correctly, the 19th) or the fact that there is a forecast for snow tomorrow. With the words "potentially significant" before it. I will blog this weekend from my parents' with pictures of the new digs. In true ironic fashion it was snowing on Saturday morning. Of course it was. Last weekend was 60 degrees. The move went rather smoothly. In other true Kim fashion, the house appears as it would for someone who has been living there for about three months. My room, bathroom and Preston's room and bathroom are painted and finished. All furniture is in, the beds are made, pictures on the wall. Our dining room and kitchen are all set up as is the living room. Charlie and Katie were awesome. They painted all the bedrooms already and my bathroom. They are such a good team. As long as they have an iPod and food, they are ready to roll. My mother helped with all the unpacking and the stocking of our fridge and pantry! Daddy hung all the blind, put together Preston's bed that came without directions and the dining room set I ordered.
It feels a bit odd staying there. I don't know which light switches turn on what, so I keep turning on fans (FANS MEL!) instead of lights but I am sure I will get the hang of it. Preston and I both enjoyed our first night's sleep. As my brother Charlie said, "Make this house a home Kim." I can't wait.

15 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures! Love that you are being true to your little OCD self. You and I are cut from the same cloth!

Caden and Mommy said...

Awesome Kim! I am so proud of you! I love that you and Pres are so OCD, I think because I can relate :0) I would LOVE it if sometime Caden and I could make a trip to see the new digs in real life! (need $ first)!
... as far as what's worst! No Internet, I couldn't deal!!! The snow sucks but it's doable ~ but if you have snow and are stuck inside with no Internet ... misery!
Cant wait to see pictures!

Jaime said...

Congrats Kim and Pres! I'm so excited and happy for you! I promise that Caty and I will come visit someday - may be several years from now but we'll be there!

Andrea said...

Awesome!! Congrats on your new home. Now to keep that pesky snow away!

Danette Baker said...

Congratulations Kim and Preston!!!

Greene Family said...

Congratulations Kim and Preston!! We are sooo happy for you! I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful new home! Even more so, we are going to have to plan a trip to visit you guys this spring or summer to see it in person! :) I think I forewarned you that I would be inviting myself to visit.
What an awesome family you have too - can I adopt them for our next move?! I'm so impressed that you guys are all settled in after the weekend move and already have paint and pictures on the walls and all of the rooms looking like you have been there 3 months!
Congrats again!

Katie Jaye said...

It was a lot of fun moving you in! It was a fantastic weekend of laughs and good food and you were very generous to Charlie and I even though we did it out of love for you and Preston. I can't wait to come down in February and see the house totally completed!

Enjoy your new home! You deserve it! Love you muchly!

(PS- All the pictures I took are on Mom's computer under VA Trip)

Unknown said...

How awesome! I am so excited for you! Can't wait to see it. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that you can pull through til the 19th....that's a loooong time to go with no internet!!

Mel said...

HEE!! SOOO excited and i cannot wait to visit, bc, thank god, you have fans!!

Alex said...

awww Kim I am so happy for you guys!!!! Congrats!!!

Jen Weisser said...

Congrats!!! I know the excitement of owning your own home, cant even imagine the excitement of owning your own home & knowing no one else has ever slept there, eaten in the kitchen, or sat on the toilet! you get to be the 1st person to do it all! LOL!! I'm sure all the unpacking & decorating will distract you from no internet! Cant wait to see pics!

Michelle said...

Congratulations, Kim and Preston! Good luck in your new home!

Marrah said...

So thrilled for you both! NO ONE deserves it more!! xoxoxox

Sara said...

So happy for you and Preston as you begin this new chapter in your life. I can't wait to see pictures!!!

Tiffany said...

OH Kim! I'm so excited for you! How fun to finally be in your new home! Those light switches can be tricky, but you'll get the hang of it. ;) I'm glad that you have such a great support system around you to help you move in. I would go crazy without such electronics, but you're such a trooper you'll do great! Can't wait to see the pictures!