Saturday, January 22, 2011

Our First Bake!

Preston and I still don’t completely feel at home yet in our new place.  I still reach to my right for garbage since that is where it is at my parents, instead of under the sink now at my place.  I still open five cabinets to find the plates I want.  We had our first movie date together-we watched Up (and I seriously cried through half the movie). It seems a bit more official that this place is ours since Preston and I baked our first batch of cupcakes in the new kitchen.  I have a little center island which is great-Preston just pulls over the stepstool and we are both good to go!

IMG_6255

IMG_6257

Aunt Melski gave us this great cake plate for our house warming gift from Sur La Table.  She thought that it would look great on the island displaying our baked goods.  An added bonus even she did not know, was it can be turned upside down and used as a punch bowl!  Here is our finished product.

IMG_6258

IMG_6259

How much do you heart that chair?  I have a bump out in the kitchen and saw two of those chairs.  I am now just looking for a little bistro table to join them! Tomorrow I’m cooking for football and having company.  I promise house pictures coming soon!

8 comments:

Pamela Roxburgh said...

Precious. Glad to see you are breaking in that oven. What kind of stool is he using? Madelyn would love to reach our counters without us standing over her just waiting for her to fall over!!!

Alex said...

We also have a center island in our kitchen and I LOVE it!!! It is so convenient!

Andrea said...

You're such a good mom letting Preston help you with the cupcakes!!! I'm not so nice that way : ).
And I'm having kitchen envy here.

Jaime said...

Glad to see that you're breaking in the kitchen well! It wouldn't be home unless you and Pres were baking some cupcakes! I can't wait to FINALLY see pictures of the house!!

Caden and Mommy said...

Cute pictures. Still so excited for you about your new home. Preston is a great assistant :0)
Let Mel know I'm missing her humor in the blog comments ...
The video of Preston dancing is so cute & according to Caden, "that's silly".
I "get" you about wanting the house to look perfect before you post pictures, we are kind of alike in that way.
... and I'm SO happy to know you have Internet again!
As far as the movies we watched, "Eat,Pray, Love" and the "Social Network". I like the Social Network (FaceBook) one better.
Thanks for the tips on the hopping, jumping, bouncing etc. That's good to know. I was fearing maybe he would never be able to Hop :0)
Have a Great Week!

Katie Jaye said...

I'm hoping you sent one of those awesome cupcakes with father?

Very cool housewarming gift, Mel! Speaking of housewarming gifts... I gotta give you yours! I'm so forgetful, sorry!

PS- Very nice chairs! (I can see it better on the BLOG than on my phone.)

Yiannakis Family said...

I love that our boys are such big helpers in the kitchen!! The cupcakes look great and I can't wait to see more pictures of the new house. Glad to see you and Preston have already claimed it and made it your home!!

Greene Family said...

Yay for your first movie date together in your new home! We watched Up with the boys on New Year's Eve.
Love the pictures and that you two bake so often together! Preston looks like he is really concentrating in that first picture! The cupcakes look cute and yummy!
I do heart those chairs! Good luck finding the bistro table you are looking for!
Can't wait to see pictures of your new home! I can't wait to visit too!