Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bye Bye February!

Here’s hoping that March brings the much anticipated warm weather!  This weekend was another fun one! Friday night we had dinner out with the Kaufman's.  Preston requested cherry cookies for dessert and props to my friend Sam for buying chocolate chips and a jar of maraschino cherries so Preston’s wish could be fulfilled.  Saturday Preston and PaPa played with the Legos that Aunt Melski bought him for his birthday (*read-PaPa built the vehicles and house while Preston played with the figures and barked orders*).  We switched gears and had him help pick out the pieces.  They are the tiny Legos so we will be working on new designs until he is a pro (like his Uncle Chris was)!  Saturday night Mommy went out with some friends for dinner which was so nice.  Sunday my mom treated Preston and I to lunch and we did some shopping. Target proved useful for a canvas storage bin that matched his Pottery Barn chair.   He needed another cute bin to store the Hot Wheels factory we have going on in his room.  Preston has a little cold and it was super windy so no bike riding this weekend.  Fingers crossed for warm weather and the storm predicted to bring nothing but rain!   Here are a few pictures of my adorable little man!

IMG_3080

IMG_3082

IMG_3086

IMG_3094

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm laughing at the "barked orders" part because Owen has just discovered he can do that and we all listen and do his bidding! "Sit on the chair, Grandma! C'mon Grandpa. Upstairs to the computer". And off we go! Yipes. I KNOW I didn't do that with my children. Grandchildren however take me into a whole other realm! As usual, Preston is too cute to even believe. Kisses from Grandma Merciez. I'm sure I'd spoil him rotten too!

Greene Family said...

Yay for another fun weekend! Preston is so cute as usual, but I especially love that last picture of him! Legos are so much fun! I think pretty much anyone would listen to Preston "barking orders"! :) Glad you got to enjoy dinner out with friends! I hope Preston feels better soon! We are keeping our fingers crossed about the weather too.

Caden and Mommy said...

So the Barking Orders ... is that an only child thing? or a spoiled child thing? or the combination of the two :0) We have a bossy little one around here too!
Yeah for going out with adult friends!!!
I hope Preston's cold continues to stay little and pass on quickly!
Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Yay for the tiny Legos! As my mom would say, great for fine motor development!! We recently had to purchase a a rolling storage bin from Target to house the ridiculous monster truck collection we have going (I think we're up to 46?!) I will keep my fingers crossed that March brings spring and sunshine...and March also brings us one month closer to Nashville! Can't wait to see you guys!

Yiannakis Family said...

Sounds like a great weekend and honestly I don't know how you keep up the pace! It seems like you guys always have your weekends fully packed with fun stuff to do!! Preston is absolutely adorable in his pictures and I love the legos. Peyton doesn't really get into building much, but Jaxson loves working with the big lego blocks already. Here's to hoping for just rain this week around here!!

Destini said...

Love the legos orders - Trace does the same thing! He's got a truck with a helicopter and I finally glued it together because he was trying to play with it and it kept coming apart! Lovin' the pics and I'm wishing for warmer weather with ya!

Mel said...

YEA! Im so glad Preston was playing his legos! Its a good thing your dad was there to help him. his own dad wouldnt be of much help with imaginary lego golf courses and ficticious tournaments.

Danielle said...

Love the bossiness! Preston and Riley (and Pey for that matter) have a lot in common :)
His pictures are just adorable-as always!!

The Wymers said...

LOL - the girls are always placing orders for lego creations too! Love all the pics of the Pres-meister, he's such a little stud muffin (as always)! Here's to warmer weather, we're near 40 today! :o)

Unknown said...

Adorable little man he is. I just can't get enough of his pictures. Fun filled weekend! I'll keep my finger crossed for you that you get a little bit of our weather your way!