Friday, February 12, 2010

I Heart Preston

Getting ready for Valentine’s Day has been a lot of fun with Preston.  Last weekend he baked Valentine’s cupcakes.  He has become quite the little baker, even reading the ingredients off the back of the box.  Well not reading, looking at the pictures and telling me the ingredients, but still.  He mixes the batter but by far his favorite part is licking the beaters.  Look at my love bug:

IMG_2695

IMG_2711

Then on Wednesday morning Pres announced to a still asleep me that it was snowing.  My response was “Is it really snowing?  Like covering the street?”  He said to me, “Yes mommy the streets are white, not black anymore.”  And this is what we saw:

IMG_2844

IMG_2865

ARGH GRRRR! Just in case you’ve lost count this would be the FOURTH storm this year.  So in a matter of two hours there were over 228 accidents in Metro Richmond so we decided to stay home in the morning.  By the time the sun came out to melt the streets and ice it was early afternoon.  This was the perfect time to have Preston do his Valentine cards for school.

IMG_2879

IMG_2898

Today was his big party in school. 

IMG_2905

He came home with a mouth full of chocolate, plenty of Valentines and bags of goodies from mommy and from Grandma and PaPa.

IMG_2919

IMG_2927

IMG_2945

In that picture, there is actual tissue paper flying in the air.  That was how excited he was.

IMG_2954

And just because this is just the cutest picture….Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!

IMG_2816

19 comments:

Yiannakis Family said...

That last photo is the cutest picture ever of Preston! He looks like such a happy kid. We can't wait to meet in Nashville.
Oh, and thanks for the tip on the Stride Rite shoes for Jaxson. I've been shopping on line for the past couple of days!

Yiannakis Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa Swartley said...

So cute! We did our Valentines too during this artic blast! What a mess! That is crazy that this is the 4th storm for you guys in VA! Nuts! I LOVE the last pic of Preston!!! Hugs and Happy Valentines Day!!!

Danielle said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I have to say...Preston is the best valentine ever (no offense, Keith, but he's just too cute!). Love the last picture as well - ADORABLE!! Give Preston kisses from Peyton (and Riley too of course :)

Unknown said...

Well, I heart Preston too! Precious pictures. Anything sugary, Aidan is a fan of so he would be right there with Pres licking the beaters. Happy Valentine's Day!!

Chelsea and Cody said...

That was such a cute post! Your son is adorable...I love that he was so excited that you caught a pic of the tissue paper IN THE AIR! Awesome!

Maeve said...

he looks like a lil model in that last pic... striking a pose in the snow!!!!! can't wait to see you both tomorrow!!! xoxoox

Sara said...

I heart every picture of Preston on here! What a darling, happy boy. :)

The Wymers said...

That last pic of Preston was way cute, but I absolutely love the Tough Guy shirt! Happy Heart Day!

Jennifer said...

I think we all heart Preston! What a doll.

Unknown said...

Preston, you are the sweetest Valentine EVER! I'd ask you to be mine, but I think Mommy wants to keep you all to herself!

mejane said...

That last picture could be right out of a Gap Kids catalog. What a handsome Valentine you have! Happy Heart Day!!!

marrah said...

Love my Preston..enough said.

Greene Family said...

I heart Preston too! I love the picture of him in the snow! He's adorable with his cupcakes and goodies too! Preston - you are so handsome and have an awesome smile!! Happy Valentine's Day! I love his excitement with opening his gifts!

Alex said...

That last picture is just the best!! Brrr...the weather looks so cold!!!! I am so ready for summer it's not even funny!

Destini said...

OMG - I could totally put that last picture of Preston as my screensaver...he's sooooo cute! But that would weird everyone out, so I won't. Also, my kids are totally not seeing this post, as I refuse to buy them gifts for Valentine's Day! However, Tay and I did spend the weekend making her valentines - I super-mom'd it and we made suckers into flowers with heart petals!

Anthea said...

Happy Valentines Day to you guys from us all. Hope you had a lovely one. Love all the pics, but yep...that last one is just gorgeous. How could anyone NOT heart Preston? He is just adorable. Hugs.

Tiffany said...

I love all of his tshirts in every one of these pictures! Will you dress my children please? And that last picture is to DIE for! Too cute!

MEL said...

OMG my godson is the CUTEST kid EVER