Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Low Key Weekend

After all our travels last week we were low key this weekend. First I have to share this photo. Preston’s class made this beautiful rainbow for the classroom. It took the kids two days to glue all the colors on and when I dropped him off I had to take a picture.

IMG_3009

This is one of Preston’s favorite shirts. He loves Where the Wild Things Are. It’s one of his favorite books to read. So when I (I mean Santa) saw this cool shirt I had to get it! Excuse the location-this was Preston’s pick to photograph in the corner of the library. LOL!

IMG_3011

This weekend Preston began painting a water color picture. When I was younger they used to have cooks where you dipped a brush in water but the colors were already on the page. Same concept with this picture. Maybe this one will be sent to Nana when he finishes.

IMG_3017

He also decided to do a big floor puzzle that he got from his friend Mila for his birthday. We had a lot of fun putting this together. I loved puzzles as a kid so I am very excited Preston is enjoying putting them together.

IMG_3040

And what weekend is complete without Preston baking some goodies (that end up at my office by Tuesday because what would we do with 24 cupcakes)! We baked the night before and decorated before we left on Monday. We did a Spongebob theme this time!

IMG_3031

IMG_3057

IMG_3062

Have a great week everyone!

15 comments:

mel said...

adorable as always. WARNING- read no further if you are a super-sensitve deadbeat dad-
Anyway, glad you had a good weekend. Preston is so smart, look at that puzzle. he clearly didnt get those reasoning skills and problem solving abilities from you know who.... just saying.

Caden and Mommy said...

Those are the best kind of weekends! Preston is so cute in front of the rainbow!
Is it bad that I love your friend Mel's Smart A*# comments about the ex as much as your blog posts :0)
Have a good rest of the week!

Jaime said...

Looks like a nice and relaxing weekend! Caitlyn has a few other those painting books, much cleaner than using the actual watercolors. I love the picture of Pres with the frosting all over his face! Such a cutie!

The Wymers said...

LOL! Mel had me busting up too! :o)

Low-key weekends are the total way to go...my girls actually ask to not go anywhere and just stay home! Love the picture of Preston in front of the Rainbow at his school, the one of him in the corner is priceless, and he is too freaking cute with the beaters!

Anonymous said...

Mel's comment had me cracking up too! lol

Looks like Pres enjoyed his weekend! Very cute pictures as always! :)

Tonya

maeve said...

HAHA Mel... I love it!!!

Pres is adorable as always
xoxoxo

Destini said...

Lovin' my Preston fix! Super cute, and you can feel free to send some cupcakes our way :)

mejane said...

What, no snow this week? Looks like it melted pretty quickly too. Maybe you'll be wearing flip flops again by the end of next week. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Preston is adorable as always and I love the Wild Things shirt.

Unknown said...

Ahh...love a low key weekend! The puzzle is awesome - Seamus is becoming obsessed with puzzles and I am still amazed how he can do them himself (which is good, because I am terrible at puzzles!) Love those cupcakes too, especially when they're presented by that cute little baker!

Greene Family said...

We always look forward to low key weekends around here! It looks like you guys had a fun one! I love Preston's Where the Wild Things Are shirt and what a cool floor puzzle! Preston is so adorable in front of the rainbow and in the picture with the beaters and batter on his face . . . my kind of dude (can never have too many cupcakes)! :)

Chelsea and Cody said...

Holy cow! It seems like you had a pretty stinkin busy weekend to me! It looks like you had so much fun...by the way...I love the "Where the Wild Things Are" shirt!

Tinka said...

Mel totally rox!

Kim I think for a low key weekend, you and the little man had wonderful bonding time. You look fabulous in that picture! I wish I was able to have one of those Spongebob cupcakes...

Melissa Swartley said...

Woo hoo! I used to love those color on page already/ just add water pictures! Preston is way too cute in all these pic's! Those Spongebob cupcakes look really yummy too! Glad to see you guys are having a great week!

Tiffany said...

I am loving that floor puzzle! Way to go Preston! And spongebob cupcakes? It just doesn't get any better than that! What a great post. I was just reading the post prior to this one and wanted to say, that before I married Jason, I had no concept of the term divorce, but when I married him and met his family, I saw just what divorce can do and I think it's really great that you can acknowledge the importance of these people in his life...that takes a lot of strength. Good job!

Unknown said...

Love your friend Mel!! I can really use a cupcake fix now...where's Pres??? Such a super cute dude!