Saturday, February 6, 2010

If You Can't Beat Em'

I can't fight Mother Nature. She has kicked my ass. I have been knocked out! She just kept pounding and pounding until I finally said, "OK FINE! Winter is not my favorite season, but I am going to find the beauty in this weather she is dumping on Central Virginia the first time in over forty years!" This weekend, in the midst of our FOURTH snow since moving, the THIRD this winter, I decided to go out exploring with Preston and taking gorgeous pictures of our property and the development. Preston even saw birds in a tree and we got pictures. And since this snow was much wetter than last week's, it was time to build the dude's first ever snowman...complete with his Yankee hat of course. The pictures I think are really breath taking and I know since December I have been taking pictures in the snow, but I hope you enjoy! So after two times outside today and four games of Little Einstein Bingo, my dude is out cold upstairs in dreamland.

I also cannot fight the blog tonight and it will not let me post the slideshow with this post, so scroll down for the show!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Over 2 feet of snow here!! It is amazing! And beautiful. Can't wait to see your pics.

Alex said...

and here I was complaining about our 55 degrees here! lol

The Wymers said...

Can't wait to see all the pics. Wanna have a snow contest? After this storm that we're in the middle of rolls through we should be sitting somewhere around 37 inches! :o)

Caden and Mommy said...

Oh my goodness, that snow is amazing! I already said it ... but I think we sent all of our snow your way. In the seven years we have lived here I don't think I have ever seen all of our grass on Feb 8th. Usually we have a ton of snow. I just posted a picture of the crocuses on my blog so you can see a little taste of spring :0)
I love the Preston sized snowman - so cute, he looks so proud! The pics of him on the bridge are adorable as well. Your parents property looks like so much fun with that creek!

Chelsea and Cody said...

Wow...I have read so much of your blog already and am loving it! It is so nice to see what a normal life you lead...and to hear all of the fears that you have had with Preston that seem to be the same things that are going through my head. I can't wait to read more!

Unknown said...

So when are you going to hope on that plane with Pres and visit us? I keep asking. Beautiful pictures of the snow. I can't believe the scenery. Something I only see on postcards or tv. I'm happy Preston enjoyed the snow.