Thursday, August 28, 2008

We've Made It!

We are here in one piece. Gosh was the move exhausting, hectic and all around CRAZY! But we are here-thanks to my cousin Caitlin for driving with me. Saying goodbye to my sister and Steve was ridiculously hard. My sister wrote me the most beautiful card. I am already missing her. I am literally dealing with four hours sleep so I will write more later.

Suffice it to say, Preston has already decided that he likes this house and does not want to go back to "Mommy's house." Got to love children and their adaptations!

Thank you all for your well wishes. They mean so much to me. Today I am off to Target to get Preston a book shelf and if it stops raining, then to the playground in the development.

Today I will also find out if my job starts Tuesday or next week! Already thinking about back to work! Hugs to you all!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim! I was super excited to see a post from you already! I'm so glad everyone made it there okay and why the hell are you up so damn early?!

I miss you too already. It's going to be weird when I go to the house this weekend and no one is there! *sad face*

I love you lots, Kimbo. I can't wait until the 19th!

PS- Did Preston forget me yet?

Andrea said...

Here's to a good adjustment period (and lots of rain...blah)! Hope all works to your benefit with the job!

Unknown said...

Yay, so glad you made it safely! I hope you post some pics of your new neighborhood! Can't wait to see it. By the way, i have a blog now...just starting out, but I linked you, hope that's ok...http://talesfromsmallside.blogspot.com/

Greene Family said...

Congrats on making it to your new home safely! It is amazing how quickly kids can adapt to change . . . have fun!

Anonymous said...

Kim,
Congrats on the new home. I'm glad Preston likes it. Looking forward to hearing about your new neighborhood.
Amanda

Jaime said...

Kim, so glad to hear that you made it safe and sound. Looking forward to seeing some pictures!

Danielle said...

Glad to hear you've made it! It sounds so nice where you are living...I sometimes wish I had the guts to make another big move. I too look forward to seeing pictures of the area.

danielle

Lisa said...

Yay! congrats. Glad everything is going so well. I knew Preston would adjust perfectly.
Enjoy the new surroundings!

Alex said...

Glad to hear you made it ok and that Preston likes his new house! Can't wait to see pictures!

Jennifer said...

Great news! Best wishes on starting the new job! Looking forward to lots of pictures.

Mike Mallinson said...

Haha... kids are great! I'm glad he's making it so much easier on you than it could have been. Evan's always the one to say "aww, I miss our old house. I wish we could go back there..."

Anonymous said...

kim I AMA terrible friend. I thought you were leaving next week. Glad everything went smooth. I will call you later today.

Kent said...

KIM and family,

Welcome to the south. Although once y'all are down here for a few years you'll realize that VA is not the DEEP south. Kim, I just had a few minutes to check out the blog. I love it. Preston is such a ham -- which I knew. But man is he getting really big! Love to you and the family. I'll be back before Halloween! Kent