Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Weekend Fun

Another weekend-although I am excited since today is my last day at work for the week. I have a court appearance tomorrow on Long Island so after that I will work from home and then take Preston to the geneticist. Then Preston is off to Boston with his father and I am heading off to Virginia for the weekend with my family. I am so bummed that Jordana and new baby Madeline are going to be in New York this weekend. I was so looking forward to smothering that child with lots of kisses.

Preston is doing well with his transition into the String Beans at day care. I received his binder made by the Chili Pepper teacher, Joi, who also included a beautiful letter to me. The binder held observations of Preston, pictures and artwork. I was pretty much bawling at work reading it yesterday. Katie came over last night to watch him since I had night court (not like the show at all, mind you) and even she got very teary.

Here is the latest picture of the dude. I really think he needs another hair cut. This kid has the thickest head of hair! He is lounging here watching his Saturday Morning cartoons.

My brother Charlie and his step daughter Nicole came for a visit and a swim. Preston loves to water plants and apparently he also loves to water his sandals as well.

And here is a great example of Preston's wonderful listening skills of don't go in the water in your clothes. I seriously asked him 50 times to come upstairs to put on his bathing suit and swim diaper, but I guess it is more fun to dip yourself in the water fully clothed. My brother also seemed to instigate this whole fiasco.


Have a great week everyone. See you when I get back!

12 comments:

Alex said...

don't you just love how proud of our kids we are when we see their school stuff! Sounds like you guys had a good week-end!

Sarah said...

Love the pictures of course. I love that thick head of hair! Sometimes I want to shave Kaela's head and hope it comes back thicker...but I just can't do that :) Something else the boys have in commen...not listening when you ask them not to do something :) I think they have a mind of their own sometimes! It is always so nice hearing what others say about our children. I am glad everything is going well and hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Can that kid get any cuter?!? Seriously! I can't wait to snuggle all over him...one day :) I'm so happy to hear that he is adjusting to string beans...I love those names and chili pepper! lol

Andrea said...

What part of VA will you be in? Tha's my turf!! Preston is such a doll. I love the longer hair--don't cut it just yet! Have fun on your get away. If you're near the D.C. area, give me a holler!

Kim said...

Andrea-we are going to be in Richmond for the weekend! Maybe next time I take a ride down we can et Preston and Evan together!

Anonymous said...

Kim,
He is adorable as always. I'm glad he is transitioning well to being a string bean!
Amanda & Parker

Jennifer said...

String Beans and Chili Peppers?? Sounds like quite an interesting day care! I'm sure he will be a great success no matter what food group he falls into!

Adorable pictures by the way. He's such a cutie pie.

Jennjilla said...

Kim,

Thank you for your kind words on my blog a few days back...it's nice to know I am not the only one that felt the way that I did when the babysitter went from perfect to horrible. I'm still unsure of where we went wrong on things, but I can't change things so there ya go.

I've been following y'alls story, too, from Katie's blog - and Preston is just sooo adorable! He and Sawyer could be hair models, they both have so much! :)

I hope you both have a super week and that things continue to go well for y'all with his new daycare. Sawyer started his on Monday, but had to skip today because we had to go to the hospital for a test. The new lady, Angela, seems to really enjoy having him there and he's playing really well with the other kids so...we'll see. Change is hard, but sometimes needed. At least, that is what I keep telling myself!!

Take care,
Jenn

Catherine Merciez Wright said...

I just want to run my fingers through that hair!!!
Cat

Jaime said...

Kim, your son is just too adorable for words. I love the picture of him watering his sandals. Hope that you have a WONDERFUL week off! Enjoy yourself!

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim!
Adorable pictures! Uncle's are the worst for instigating trouble! Caden has 3 uncles, and sometimes I think that is 3 too many :0)
I love Preston's head of hair!
Trisha

Anonymous said...

That binder is absolutely precious. It's amazing how much he's grown since going to the daycare. Don't you sometimes forget how little he was? It definitely makes me teary to see how he gets more and more beautiful each passing day.

And of course Charlie would instigate. Charlie himself looks like he's in his clothes in the water so Preston had to follow suit!