Sunday, April 20, 2008

Preston's Spite and then a Fun Weekend

The other night Preston decided "no big boy." Translation: I'm not sleeping in my big boy bed and you can't make me. Fine, but guess what bucko? You're gated in your room! So usually Preston will scream to me from his bed not realizing that he can just...get out...but this night he did get out and refused to go back in. So instead he found his monkey pillow and blanket (courtesy of cousin Caitlin) and decided he'd show me and sleep on the floor.
I did put him in his bed before I tucked in for the night. In the morning we woke up to a lovely 75 degree day. We decided what a great day to take some pictures.
He was much happier in the morning. He got to wear his new sandals and run around before going to school! It kicked off a really fun weekend of playing outside and visiting relatives. I am so thrilled spring is here, although tomorrow is supposed to be a little chilly. The flowers are blooming and it is that time of year when you spend $20 for a car wash only to have pollen all over the car the next day!
Funny story-Preston's vocabulary is EXPLODING. It's like suddenly he is ready to talk. He is in the repeating stage which means I must must must start curbing my language and pretend I'm a lady and not living in a frat house. Preston went to the grocery store with my mother and my grandma. She was buying applesauce. He very distinctly said applesauce. Well later in the evening at dinner he says "as-sauce" "as-sauce" which very much sounded like...well you know. I thought we had a Meet the Fockers moment, but he was pointing towards the kitchen. I was horrified, but when I said "applesauce," he became very excited nodding! Oh thank heavens. Although I must tell his teachers so they don't think I hang at a bar with Preston on the weekends.

12 comments:

Tonya said...

"as-sauce" LOL Oh! That reminds me of Jacob...his first "real" words, my lovely sister taught him was "hey s*it". So we were sitting in the ER one night for something and he decides to walk back and forth repeating it, over and over again. It got to the point where these people were staring at him and I said out loud "Oh, what a mouth that little boy has!" Horrible!...then Jacob looks over at me, arms outstreched and says "momma"... Yeah! I walked out quickly...snickering...

Tonya said...

Oh and the floor, he may not grow out of it...Hannah will still sleep on the floor.

Anonymous said...

He is great! I love the hat, where in the world did you get it? We are always looking for a scali cap for JD...do tell!!!! What a great Spring weekend here in the northeast huh? Hopefully today is not going to rain : )

Sarah said...

cute post. When is Prestons bday? Him and Will seem to be doing a lot of the same things. Will is very much in the repeating EVERYTHING stage too. I swear they love to repeat the bad words more then any other word, like they know they shouldn't say it. As always, Preston is adorable and very stylish :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pics! Oh, and I love the sleeping on the floor rebellion...although I usually just leave him there and he puts himself back in bed by morning! The sweater vest is ADORABLE.

Kim said...

Thanks everyone-Jill the hat is from Children's Place (Size 6-8)Sarah-his b-day is December 6th.
Emily-I should just leave him there and let him wander back!

Anonymous said...

He's a smart little bugger. He knew he needed a pillow and a blanket so he set himself up leaving the bed in one piece.

Caden and Mommy said...

I absolutely love Preston's "rebelliousness". I have to make sure not to get too much of a kick out it - I'm sure my time is just around the corner!

Renay said...

Ugh...thanks for the reminder that Owen isn't an angel...he's in a downward spiral already (I'll b posting on that soon;-(

What a cutie patootie! You are a great shopper for him and i have no doubt that he knows what a dappper lil dude he is.

I'm glad to be back-now if I could just catch-up.

Sarah said...

Kim- Will is Dec. 2nd...that explains it all :) December babies and just a few days apart. I think you are right, they could be best friends :) Well hopefully one day they can meet!

Catie said...

I love the monkey pillow! Such a smart boy he is making himself a little bed. I am still laughing about the as-sauce! I can only imagine what you were thinking when you heard him say that...too funny.

BRYAN'S YAYA said...

Preston is without a doubt the sharpest dressed man I have ever encountered. He oughta be in pictures.....