Monday, April 14, 2008

Big Foot

This morning I was mashing Preston's foot into shoes. I mean he normally is oh so cooperative when getting his shoes on, but today I was really trying to fit his foot in! So off to Stride Rite tonight after school!

No wonder I was trying like Cinderella's stepsisters to get on shoes-he has grown a size and a half! (Well really just a size 5 1/2 but you have to buy 6 for room). We left with a pair of sneakers with diggers on them and a pair of funky dressy type shoes. Now I can hit Amazon and buy him Stride Rite sandals for a good $20 bucks cheaper than the store.

He was such a great boy in the shoe store. He really wanted the shiny tuxedo shoes, but we have no place to go in those! Here is a pic from last weekend in his old tight shoes. I swear they grew overnight.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, have you experienced the thrill of the Stride Rite outlet? It's one of my top destinations! Bargains abound!

Kim said...

Emily-I have not! I am quite excitedto check it out on my next trip to Tanger! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Kim I'm a little concerned with you taking pictures while driving.

Anonymous said...

Kim I'm a little concerned with you taking pictures while driving.

Kim said...

I angled the camera and just shot away-Never took my eyes off the road. Stop being dad.

Tonya said...

Ya know Kate Master Tate...I thought the exact same thing...then I realized OUR Kim would NEVER, EVER, do ANYTHING to endanger our Preston. She may spoil him, he can recover from that! :)

Hope the new shoes fit PERFECTLY!!

Jennifer said...

Owen just got his first pair of Stride Rites! Size 3 1/2 extra wide! His foot is like a little square! Ooooh. Stride Rite Outlet! I'll have to scout that out here in Michigan. Preston is just too cute. I just love the hats. He has the best smile too!

Lisa said...

First off, I'm thrilled that Stride Rite works for you guys. We went to Stride Rite awhile ago, and they said even their widest shoes didn't fit Liz. So, we had to go to specialty stores and bought these REALLY expensive shoes until finally we walked into Walmart and found some extra extra wide shoes that worked....for dirt cheap. Granted, they don't last as long..but hey..

Secondly, I'm sure you're a pro at driving while taking a photo. It can't be any different then driving while leaning back and handing off cheerios, fruit, sippy cups.. etc...

Kim said...

I have to say, it appears I am driving very fast, and second if you notice Preston is looking at the rear view at me. Half the pictures of this shoot are of the ceiling! :-)

Lisa-so funny I spend more time handing back Cheerios, trucks, tissues than I ever thought I would!

Don't worry guys-Preston is in good hands.
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Love the shoes! JD has the same ones. I call it "sippy cup" arms. JD is always saying "momma, what is that?" while we are driving, so I end up kind of looking...he he.

Preston has such an awesome smile.

Jill