Wednesday, April 9, 2008

How Many Beds Can Preston Have?

Here's a tidbit about me...I am obsessed with bedding. I love bedding, pillows, coordinating quilts, duvets and throws. I covert the Pottery Barn bedding and bath catalogue and AGONIZE over new bedding in any room. So it was no wonder with Preston's nursery and with his big boy bed that I wanted everything to match. His armchair was made with the same material as his nursery bedding. Since his nursery bedding was pastel trucks and cars and I had curtain rods with trucks on them and given Preston's obsession with anything bigger than a sedan, I stuck with the theme of trucks and cars. I took be three weeks to decide and read every review...for toddler bedding. I know, I know. Here is a picture of Preston's crib and Preston sleeping in his crib (BTW I hated that mobile because it did not match and I scoured the Internet for one that did-but found nothing and this mobile was supposed to stimulate.




And here is Preston's BIG BOY bed and pics of my big boy in his new bed!





SWEET DREAMS ANGEL!

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love the new bedding! What little boy doesn't love all things with wheels that go vroom, vroom. Did Preston get a hair cut too?

Kim said...

Jennifer,
He did get a haircut-his sixth or seventh I think! His hairdresser is convinced his hair is so thick because she started cutting it at 16 months!

Anonymous said...

Super cute! I love the new bedding. I already have Grace's toddler bed and bedding purchased and stored away! (Oh, and although others may find it crazy, I totally hear ya about the mobile!!)

The Johnson Family 5 said...

I LOVE the picture of Preston as a baby in his crib. So precious!! Sometimes I miss that stage and then I think back to the nights of no sleep and I think...naahh!! lol I love his new cool boy bedding!

Sarah said...

I'm going to have to show Will the picture of his bedding when I get home. He will be so excited. I love it! His bedding actually looks like our living room floor, bedroom floor, kitchen floor :) With all those diggers and bozies (Wills word for bulldozer). Where'd you get this bedding? Preston is SO darn cute!

Kim said...

Sarah-online from Target. It is Tonka bedding and it was so cheap. The bedding was like 36 and the matching pillow was about 20 bucks. Little boys LOVE their trucks!

Tonya said...

Preston's big boy bed looks super tough for him! No frills or baby things, only manly trucks!! Tell him Knoah's grandpa drives trucks like those!! There big and loud! The tires are HUGE!

Love the bed Preston!!!

BRYAN'S YAYA said...

Kim! I too have an obsession with bedding...down pillows, duvets, and yes, the Party Barn catalog is my Wish Book. I love the MM sweatsuit too by the way.

Candi
YaYa to Bryan

Anonymous said...

Kim,
It's taken me awhile to get from Cat's and Candi's. But thank you for sharing your story. It's so similar to ours, except we have known since 20 wks that something is wrong. I'd like to e-mail a ton of questions. Please contanct me SevieSmith@hotmail.com
Thanks a bunch.
Preston is a very handsome boy. In most pictures you'd never guess he had Achon.
Seve

Anonymous said...

Oh I love it! It's cute like him!