Sunday, November 7, 2010

We Built This City

Preston is in his second year of Montessori.  Last year his class built Montessori City and I was so impressed.  This year Ms. Kim had them build a city again, but this time they took their architect skills to another level.  The kids drew the structure and then built the structure based upon their drawing.  Here was Preston at the ribbon cutting!

IMG_5367

IMG_5366

IMG_5374

I still cannot believe how advanced he is because of this program.  In fact on his 60 month questionnaire for school, when asked if anything worried me about my child I said, I worry that kindergarten will bore him out of his mind.  It’s one of the reasons I’m looking into a private school in the area. 

Here are just some adorable pictures of the dude from the past two weeks:

Pres is getting to be quite the dare devil at the playground (shout out to Aunt Tinka for taking this picture)!

P1000108

He just loves Where the Wild Things Are…here is Pres gnashing those terrible teeth…..

IMG_5358

Preston thinks clothes with food on it is funny  Hence the snowboarding cherries on the banana split!

IMG_5487

My happy and handsome boy!  Yesterday he told me that, “Mommy I don’t want to be cute.  I’m not cute.  Cute is for babies. I’m handsome.” 

IMG_5497

IMG_5501

I’ll be posting about the house coming along later in the week.  Waiting for the siding and shutters to go up!

13 comments:

mejane said...

Will he accept "adorable"? :)

Unknown said...

And a handsome dude he is on top of being a super smart!

Sara said...

Yes, Preston, you are handsome....but you are also pretty cute (in a total non-babyish way!).

Yiannakis Family said...

What a "handsome dude" indeed!! I've always loved the book "Where the Wild Things Are", but haven't seen the movie yet. Maybe that'll be added to Santa's list this year!

The Wymers said...

Preston is definitely an extremely handsome-dude. Good job with the city bud ... and I can't wait to see pics of the house!

Unknown said...

That city is so cool! What an awesome project for the kids. I have to say, private school has its advantages. Seamus is evaluated by the public school system because of the therapies he receives, and they are constantly amazed at the level of work he is completing in private school as compared to the public kindergartens. We love our school!! I think the "Wild Thing" pic is one of my new all-time faves of Preston!

Unknown said...

That city is so cool! What an awesome project for the kids. I have to say, private school has its advantages. Seamus is evaluated by the public school system because of the therapies he receives, and they are constantly amazed at the level of work he is completing in private school as compared to the public kindergartens. We love our school!! I think the "Wild Thing" pic is one of my new all-time faves of Preston!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Man Kim! Pres is one smart cookie and so cute...I mean handsome. Love him to pieces!

Greene Family said...

Oh my goodness - I love him!! Yes, Preston, you are super handsome! Love the pictures, especially the one in his "Where the Wild Things Are"o pajamas!
I'm so impressed with the city they built! That is an awesome school! Good luck in your search for a private school! We have always planned on sending our boys to private school too.

Susan said...

How about "precious"? Is that too babyish? He'd probably say it was. Funny that he can see into the future. He IS destined to be handsome since he's this cute now (sorry Preston).
Love the Montessori City! Is Preston the Mayor? Is that why he cut the ribbon? :o)

Tiffany said...

I am SO behind! I just left a comment on your post below. And I have to say that we love "where the wild things are" too! However, my children don't have quite the gnashing of teeth as Preston does..I love it!

Katie Jaye said...

Love the Starship reference.

I agree with everyone, that Where The Wild Things Are pic is really great! He's so expressive. And I agree with him that food on clothing is funny but not your type of food on clothing (we know you're a spiller tee hee).

I love ya, Kim!

Cheryl said...

Not sure if you know this but my mom went through the whole Montessori training and taught Montessori while she was the director of day care at Computer Associates. I know alll about the program, and so proud of Preston!!!

xoxo
Cher