Monday, November 15, 2010

Our Baltimore Weekend!

We had a GREAT weekend in Baltimore. I have to say, Preston lately listens…like never. I say something and he basically takes it under advisement. So one would logically deduce he sucks in the car right? Wrong! This kid from day one on this planet has ROCKED in the car. No DVD player either. This child LOVES car rides. That’s why in addition to telling me how to get to New York from Virginia, he has now mastered that we also utilize the Harbor Tunnel and the Delaware Memorial Bridge to get to New York. His sense of direction is uncanny. For example, in August when we went to Matt and Jessica’s wedding he went to the rehearsal dinner. Two months later we returned to Bayside for dinner before Katie’s marathon and went to dinner at the restaurant across the street from where the rehearsal was. Pres took one look around, turned to me and said, “that’s where we went for Matt and Jessica.” He can navigate the subway system and does not live in Manhattan. He knows the names of roads in our area. He is SO like Mommy in that respect. I love directions. And I never have GPS (well I now have according to my friend Scott, Global Preston Satellite). I use MapQuest only. Pres is just an angel in the car. We put on the iPod and just rock out! He is my little teammate for car trips.

We rolled into Baltimore on Friday for his yearly checkup with Dr. Ain. Friday night we took advantage of the fact that my cousin Tim lives in Silver Spring with his wife Kathryn and baby Charlotte. I was so excited to see them. Tim and I grew up together. We even went to high school together. It was really awesome though on the first day of freshman year when Tim and Kim Raab showed up and everyone thought we were twins with rhyming names. Here we are as kids with our Grandma Raab and then graduation day from St. Anthony’s in 1996.

timkim

11-15-2010 09;55;29PM

Besides having an amazing visit with my cousin (as if time never passed at all), Preston and Charlotte finally got to meet and take their first cousin picture. Kathryn is such a sweetheart and I look forward to even more visits with them since we don’t live that far apart! We need to see each other for more than just weddings!

IMG_5557

Then Saturday it was off to Baltimore for our POLP meet up. It was a GORGEOUS day in the Inner Harbor so before meeting everyone Pres and I walked along the water.

IMG_5558

IMG_5560

We then met up with our group to go to the Maryland Science Center. It was so much fun and the kids are really starting to remember each other. Preston is over the moon with Peyton. We have all seen each other four times in six months! I am just thrilled at the closeness of our “family!” I’ll let the pictures do the talking! Pres and Ivy!

IMG_5562

With Simon!

IMG_5564

Pres and Parker-I almost cannot deal with the cuteness of this picture.

IMG_5568

IMG_5565

IMG_5569

IMG_5570

IMG_5574

IMG_5585

IMG_5587

Paula and Peyton and Melissa, Sonya and Zoe all braved the hurricane winds machine.

IMG_5590 IMG_5592

Pres was so taken with Sonya and wanted to push her in her wheelchair. Melissa was so sweet, lowering the handle so he could “help.” And can I tell you that I adore Little Miss Sonya’s attitude? She is so adorable and can definitely hold her own. I could hang out with her all day!

IMG_5594

Then it was up to the observatory to see the sights and the giant telescope!

IMG_5597

IMG_5601

We ended the night with out to dinner with Paula and Melissa. Can you tell these two boys adore each other?

IMG_5602

Thank you again Jenn for helping plan another amazing day!!! I love you guys and cannot wait for our next adventure. Like Katie Johnson said to me, it’s great we all have our kids, it has made us all friends!

7 comments:

Katie Jaye said...

FIRST!

I LOVE all these pictures! I'm so glad you all got to meet up again! The kids look like they really enjoy each other! Science museums are so much fun for kids (and me) because they get to explore (remember the cow's eye at the Queens Hall of Science?).

Tim and Kathryn are great! I'm so happy you got to chill with them and meet baby Charlotte (she's so cute!).

And I love your red coat, Kim! You look fantastic! :-)

Yiannakis Family said...

Oh, what a fabulous day!! I'm so glad we got to spend some time with everyone and dinner with you and Melissa was so much fun. All of the pictures are just great (except, really, did you have to put the ones of wind tunnel on there? LOL). I'm so happy that Peyton and Preston are becoming fast buddies. Peyton asks about him quite a bit and was very excited to find out you guys were going to be there Saturday. Can't wait for our next adventure!!

Unknown said...

I will absolutely use Global Preston Satellite for any east coast travel...specifically NY if and when I ever get there. Love the first picture of the two of you. What a fabulous time all of you had at the Maryland Science Center. So true that if it wasn't for our kids we most likely never would have met. With that said, so thankful for my Aidan... and then some.

Unknown said...

So fun!! Baltimore is just beautiful. I went there once in college and I can't wait to go back. I don't trust GPS so Google Maps is my only method of navigation. I used to love taking impromptu road trips in college and being so proud of myself for getting to my destination! What a great day with the POLP family. The wind tunnel is hilarious! The kids all look like they had a great time. I hope Preston's checkup went well and I agree with Katie, that red coat is fab!

Melissa Swartley said...

Aww! Charlotte is adorable! Love the pic of Preston with her! So sweet! So seriously can I download a version of Preston GPS because my GPS keeps messing up! He's so awesome! I can't believe Zoe suckered me into that hurricane tunnel! We had a great time with you again and I appologize for Sonya's severe attitude. She may be able to hold her own, but dang, I really hope this is just a phase and she will get a grip soon! Catching up here on your other posts... I love the new house pics!! It's looking great! Love the pic of Preston in his closet! Preston is handsome in all of his pictures! I love the Montessori city that he helped build in school! Very cool!!! Looks like he had a fantastic Halloween with all those yummy treats and pumpkin carving! Love his conductor costume too!!!

Cheryl said...

love love love
can't wait to see you, Mel and Pres Saturday babe!!! Oh and Tara is coming too. xoxoxo

Cher

Greene Family said...

Love it - Global Preston Satellite! He's so handsome and so smart!!
The picture of Preston with his cousin Charlotte is so adorable!
Great pictures at the Science Center! Love that picture of you and Pres by the dinosaur exhibit! It was so great to see you guys, as always! We had such a blast and the boys were completely tuckered out by the time we left!
Looking forward to our next adventure!!