Monday, November 22, 2010

Pre-Thanksgiving Fun

Wow! What a weekend.  I swear I was in overdrive most of it.  Only to settle down finally at 8:20 last night to watch a football game that was a disaster for my team.  Anyway, a million errands later (*read, laundry, changed sheets, cleaned, dusted, vacuumed, bank, grocery shopping, Christmas shopping for the siblings, wrapping for my siblings, Lowes, making stuffing for Pres’ class –eyebrow wax so I don’t resemble Bert and Ernie in Thanksgiving pictures, pedicure, dinner, baking cookies……PACKING and football) we are almost ready!  As I said on Facebook I make a good husband and wife to myself. How in Heaven’s name my mother would do this with four!  Her and my father would then cook Thanksgiving dinner for no less than 16 people and have all of our friends over for dessert.   What’s been cooking otherwise?  Well I’m about one month away from closing and here is the house this week: Driveway and walkway going in.

IMG_5636

IMG_5641

Preston is so excited the pull down attic comes into his room. I’m not really sure the attraction of folding wood stairs, but who am I to judge?

IMG_5638

Cabinets and all my crown molding is in!

 IMG_5642

The dude and I by the fireplace!

Also this weekend, Preston had yet another birthday party!  He loves Pump it Up and thinks the P in the bounce house stands for Preston.  I don’t have the heart to tell him it’s part of the P U I for Pump it Up.

IMG_5624

IMG_5627

IMG_5647

And what’s cuter than Preston’s headdress?  According to his placemat that he created, he is thankful for turkey, (which I have yet to see him eat but he swears he ate it at school), New York (yes, me too dude), the cabs, subways and parade.  I was hoping he’d say Mom, but I guess I rank much lower than the NYC MTA.  Oh well.

IMG_5649

I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving! Safe travels to everyone!!!

6 comments:

Alex said...

WOW, you sure were busy! I love the house, can't wait to see it all finished and decorated, I know it will look great!

Danielle said...

your house looks awesome!! Hopefully we can come visit you guys there someday :)
Have a Happy Thanksgiving-enjoy NYC! Love it there during the holidays!

Mel said...

Notice what preston wasnt thankful for- his loser father and his $88. You cant even buy a thanksgiving turkey with that these days!

Caden and Mommy said...

Love Mel!!! :0)
... okay now to the subject of the post! Preston! How cute is he with his headress and walking up to the doorway of your new house! Your house?! Marvelous! How exciting for you, You rock as a husband and wife! Really ~ who needs a husband?! I love those days where you can kick butt and get so much done! They have been few and far between for me lately :0(
Have a blast in NY. Enjoy the parade! Take lots of pictures and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
Hugs to you and Preston :0)

Unknown said...

The house looks beautiful! So exciting! I hope you guys have a wonderful time at the parade...one of these years we will definitely be joining you! Happy Thanksgiving to all the Raabs, have a wonderful day together!

Greene Family said...

Your new home looks beautiful!! I can just imagine how excited you and Pres are as I'm sure December will fly by!
You were super busy pre-Thanksgiving! Yay for getting so much accomplished!
Preston cracks me up with his love for NYC MTA! He's such an awesome dude! Love the pics!!
Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a great time at the parade!