Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mr. Builder-Put Up That Wall!

We have walls! When I start getting all upset that the holidays are on my heels and I’ve bought like three gifts and how I still have not figured out the perfect birthday party for Preston and how I still need to play Santa and get all my extended family shopping done before Thanksgiving in New York…I stop to think really I mean what do I have to get Preston?  I’m buying him a house.  If I forget a Lego set this year or the 92nd Thomas engine, I can always fall back on, “Dude, I bought you a room with a bathroom.  So cut Santa some slack here.”  Pres, due to his amazing sense of direction and never being inside the house other than the model, knew exactly where his room was based upon the three windows in the front of the house.  Here he is in his new room. He is so excited! 

pres room

In his closet:

closet

 

Here is the kitchen and dining room!!!

img00462-20101107-1429[1] (2)

So excited!  And for good measure, here are some pictures of the dude from this week!  We are off to Baltimore-see some of the “family” there this weekend!  Just thought I’d get in a quick blog in between packing, laundry, Grey’s and Thursday Night Football!

IMG_5503

Clearly from the above, Pres needs MORE Thomas engines for Christmas.

IMG_5540

IMG_5523

IMG_5549

Carseat back in for long excursions like this weekend!  He told me it’s much more comfy!

IMG_5506

The only time Preston is EVER quiet.

7 comments:

Jaime said...

I'm so excited that you have walls! Getting closer and closer! Such the smarty pants that Preston is - knowing where his room is just from windows. And what a peaceful looking angel he is when he's sleeping.

Yeah, I don't think that he needs any more trains! Geez!!But it's kinda like Caty and her dolls - always needing more! At least the trains are as big as the dolls.

Yiannakis Family said...

Yay! The house is really coming along. I think now that there are walls I can picture it a little better, LOL! Love the picture of Preston sleeping on his hands. Such a little angel!

Can't wait to visit with you both this weekend!

Olivia said...

I just love photos of our babies sleeping! He's too beautiful!

Greene Family said...

Yay!! I'm so excited for you and Pres!! He does look thrilled in his new bedroom, and what more could a kid ask for for Christmas!? :) Love the pictures of the two of you and the sweet sleeping pic!
Can't wait to see you tomorrow!! I hope Pres' appointment goes well today, and have fun at your cousin's!

The Wymers said...

Yay! I was wondering how the house was coming, pretty cool to see the drywall up and ready to go! Although, even cooler than the drywall is the fact that the window in Preson't room is low enough that he can actually see out of it (or at least that's how it looks from the picture). Nikki would be totally jealous, I don't know if she's going to be able to see out of a window in our house before she's a teenager.

Good luck with the appointments, have fun meeting up with everybody and take lost of pictures for all us poor souls who live too far away to make the trip. :o)

Katie Jaye said...

The house is coming along great! I'm so happy for you! Preston looks so excited in that first pic. Wow I can't believe it will be all ready to go soon, very cool. I will have to come down there and help you paint.

^_\

Caden and Mommy said...

What a smart little boy! He looks so proud in his new room :0) ... I think he needs a few more toys, as does his buddy Caden~not!
Looking forward to your post from your guys LP fun this weekend :0)