Sunday, September 26, 2010

Our Random Update

Nothing too exciting going on this week. Preston started Soccer Shots at his school. It’s an eight week program for an hour on Tuesdays for the kids to learn the fundamentals of the game. Preston loves to run so I figured this would be a great activity for him. Also, the selfish part of me wants to see if he loves the game before devoting on day a week for practice and my entire weekend at a soccer field. Let’s see if he likes it first. So far, he does. Here is a picture of Pres taking after his Aunt Tinka with faces in a picture. He is depicting the baseball on his shirt:

IMG_5081

What is the obsession with Phineas and Ferb? Preston just adores this show on Disney XD. The sad thing is you find yourself as an adult watching the show. You cannot help it. I have caught my father on numerous occasions. I totally think he has added it to his “Series” on his DVR box.

IMG_5084

And this is just a picture of my handsome little dude:

IMG_5093

Last year seeds from a plant that was in our front garden that did not grow, must have gotten into the soil, chilled out while Virginia got 100 inches of snow and this summer has grown like wildfire. This past week honey bees have been working like mad to gather honey from the flowers. Yet as soon as the sun goes down, the bees fall asleep-right on the flowers! It’s hysterical!

IMG_5096

A colony of wasps has also moved in and I have seen some wounded honey bees on the ground. My mother and I have decided we are not getting involved in that war.

Today, Preston and I made harvest inspired cupcakes. I was speaking to Marrah this morning and she was going to make cupcakes with Finn. I mocked her telling her my cupcakes would be a lot cooler than her cupcakes. (Mature, I know). Here are our pics-challenge me if you dare Mar!

IMG_5100

IMG_5101

IMG_5102

And to prove Pres was smitten with his finished product:

IMG_5107

Our home is progressing along. My townhouse is the second one in. You can see that they are bumping out the kitchen on the second floor. So exciting!

house2

Lastly, I have been trying to wrap my head around the fact Preston is going to be five. His latest milestone was the booster seat. I remember the milestone of him progressing at six to seven months into the carseat. Here is Preston circa fall 2006 on our car ride home from Richmond (the first time I took my parents down to look). He was such a beautiful baby.

7DSNCA0H0804CASIPXWUCA9NOIP5CAB5EGFOCA73DGQPCADB5KOOCASNIBHSCAP1N651CA9UOMM9CAXVQ496CAIXO4QRCANYZWSJCAL622PHCA7R3F9NCASNMHJ3CAEAXXH4CAH6B6ETCAV00UO4

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

A beautiful baby and a beautiful boy!

Alex said...

SO many things!!!
First of all love the face he's making on the first picture, he looks like he's pouting! lol
Second, Phineas and Ferb is a great show...I swear Jeff likes it way more than Sam!
And tose cupcakes...I have been wanting to bake some kind of fall inspired treat now I HAVE TO do it! lol
And finally, I know what you mean about them growing up so fast...everytime I think about that I get so emotionnal.

Alex said...

SO many things!!!
First of all love the face he's making on the first picture, he looks like he's pouting! lol
Second, Phineas and Ferb is a great show...I swear Jeff likes it way more than Sam!
And tose cupcakes...I have been wanting to bake some kind of fall inspired treat now I HAVE TO do it! lol
And finally, I know what you mean about them growing up so fast...everytime I think about that I get so emotionnal.

Yiannakis Family said...

Yay for progress on the house!! Love the cupcakes and the fact that Preston likes to cook. Peyton is constantly in the kitchen with me. Hope he enjoys soccer!!

Jen Weisser said...

oh those cupcakes look so yummy!!! My boys love "helping" me bake & cook, most of the time it doesnt end well. Hope Preston is enjoying soccer!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Good lord..that is one beautiful baby! I love seeing "old" pictures of Pres!! Ok, so I have NEVER seen bees fall asleep on flowers! That is histerical!

Destini said...

You already know I adore Preston, so I'm just gonna tell ya that I'm amazed that bees fall asleep on flowers, I totally didn't know that! And your beautiful baby has grown into quite a handsome dude!

Caden and Mommy said...

Those Bee's are f'n hilarious. I cant believe they fall asleep on the flowers.
Cant wait to see some shots of Preston with the soccer ball. I'm trying to decide weather I want to sign C up for soccer tots in a few weeks. I dont really think I need one more thing to make me crazy, but at the same time it might be good for him and his social skills?! mhh?
Love the monkey face pic, he is too funny with his lips ... and the baby picture, adorable! Time goes by way too fast.
Hooray for progress on the house! I am so excited for you guys!
Have a good week!

Unknown said...

Hooray for soccer! Can't wait to see some shots of Preston in action! So glad he's enjoying it so far. Sure wish I was nearby to share those cupcakes with you...they look delish!

Tiffany said...

Such a beautiful baby indeed! I think the carseat transitions are the scariest with these guys because you just never know! So yay for the booster! And um...when I meet you in real life someday I will be expecting some of your amazing cupcakes...they always look so delicious! As for P&F, well they are rather addicting. I prefer Ruger watches that over anything else because it's the most entertaining to me. HA! Isn't that terrible? I just can't believe how big these boys are getting!

The Wymers said...

Great pics of the dude, as always. I swear that kid just doesn't take a bad picture! Hope he continues to do well and enjoy soccer - it kills me that the girls have no real interest in playing (as it was my sport, back in the day), so I'm going to live vicariously through everybody else who can talk their kids into it!

marrah said...

my cupcakes were awful compared to these! love press always....

Greene Family said...

An absolute beautiful baby and now such a handsome boy!! I just want to hug him in all of these pictures!
So glad that Preston is enjoying Soccer Shots! Great idea to try the eight week program at school first!
Great impression of the baseball on his shirt - too cute!
Phineas and Ferb are a big hit in our house too, with possibly Jason being the biggest fan. I got him a shirt with Dr. Doofenshmirtz and "Big Laundry" (he loves that episode) on it. Yep - think he might like the show even a little more than Simon!
How exciting!! I'm so excited for you and Pres to see your new home progressing along!
That is hilarious that the bees fall asleep on the flowers like that!
Awesome cupcakes - they look so yummy! You can send Preston up here for the weekend since I have a bunch of cupcakes that I need to make! :)