Sunday, November 1, 2009

Picture Overload

We had a great Halloween-as I said on Facebook Halloween is a hallmark for me.  Watching Preston grow year to year on the day when I was told six weeks before he was born, something was “wrong,” is nothing short of amazing.  Last weekend Preston’s school had a fall festival-complete with goodies, hot dogs, a pumpkin patch, a bounce house and a police car and fire engine! Here are a few shots of the fall festival!

IMG_0646

IMG_0650

IMG_0656

 

IMG_0668 

Friday he had pajama day at school and a Halloween party! Telling the kiddos they can wear pajamas to school is like Grey’s featuring McDreamy and Dr. Avery in the same show-that amazing!  Friday night Preston had a babysitter and Mommy went to the adult only neighborhood Halloween party.  So much fun. 

Yesterday was fabulous.  It rained ALL DAY until 4:00 and then poured again at 9:30.  The moon was even out for trick or treating.  Preston had a birthday party first and then back to the neighborhood for trick or treat.  There were over 100 kids on the street trick or treating. Living on Long Island my whole life everything was flat-literally we were built over potato farms. We walked from house to house with ease-here every driveway is like  football field long and some are up hill and then stairs at every house.  And in 80 degrees it was quite a work out.  But since my ex husband tells me I am fat, I guess it was good that I got in the exercise.  Preston had a BLAST.  It was so cute how he said “trick or treat” at every single house and then a big “thank you” after each piece of candy! He only lasted about 10 houses in his costume because it was so humid but then we hit about 10-15 more.  His favorite was being able to trick or treat at the house and having my father make a huge deal out of him coming to the door.  Here are some pics of my RED DRAGON!  Yes! We got the costume.  Javier’s mother still had it, so I presented them with a candy dish and Halloween dish towel in exchange since I could not find a red dragon costume anywhere! Enjoy! I’ll put more up on Facebook this week!

IMG_0734 IMG_0741

IMG_0742

IMG_0795

IMG_0796

IMG_0814

And to prove how much rain we had-check out the creek in the backyard!

IMG_0826

21 comments:

Jennifer said...

So cute! Wish I could have seen him in person. It's a dream I'm not giving up on Kim and Preston. We will meet some day and have a great big HUG!

Jennifer said...

PS. Fat? Really? Sounds like a great guy. I bet your parents really love him.

Jaime said...

I can't stand Preston's cuteness! I sure wish that we didn't live clear across the country from each other! The costume is great! I bet that he was so excited! Love the pictures, as always!

Unknown said...

Hi,

I was out searching tonight for how to tell if your newborn with achondroplasia was too hot and your blog was in my hit list. Our daughter, Anna, was born 3 weeks ago and she is an achondroplast. I went to your first posting and read your birth story. It was like reliving my own experience. I was lucky in that I got the 'your child has fatal dwarfism' the day before I was scheduled to be induced, but the rest of it was a near identical experience.

Anyway, your son Preston is adorable. I am glad I happened upon your blog.

Almost forgot, I don't check g-mail, so if you want to reach me - lbocken@yahoo.com is the best e-mail.

Cheers,

Lisa

Anthea said...

Kim, Preston is the cutest little red dragon I have EVER seen. He is sooooo adorable. I am glad that he had a good time. I bet you did too. I loved going trick and treating when I was over there! Not so big here. :(

Unknown said...

Wow, that is the cutest red dragon I've ever seen! Preston looks awesome! So glad you were able to track down the costume. I can't believe it was 80...we were freezing and soaked up here! It sounds like you guys had a great time, what a perfect day to continue to celebrate your incredible little man :-)

Andrea said...

Too cute to spook! I think that's the cutest costume. ever. I love Preston's scary poses!!!

The Wymers said...

Love that you found the red dragon for him! He was adorable (as usual)! If 80 is to hot for you, you guys can come up here next year - it was a balmy 35! :o)

Destini said...

Oh, what a adorable dragon - but please tell Preston that we thought he was very scary! Glad he had a great time, and glad you got to go to an adult party! It was 80 here on Friday, and 50 on Halloween, so it wasn't too bad here!

Mel said...

I mean, Preston is pretty rediculously adorable. Im glad he had a happy halloween. I wonder if Matt had a good Halloween? Do you think he was getting ready to make payment? doubtful.

Tinka said...

He's so cute in the EMS truck! He must have been super thrilled!

I'm so glad you finally took Matt's advice and did some exercise...what a loser. You look hot!

My fave pic is him roaring with his starfish hand making as claws. I can't deal. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

HOLY SMOKES THE CREEK! That's crazy! (Did you take the pic from my window?) Man what a backyard! dad should be proud!

Laura Wolf said...

I just love Preston pictures with his smiley face. I loved his costume and all that yummy candy. It's so much fun trick and treating witht he kids.

Melissa Swartley said...

OK, I can't take it anymore! You have to tell Preston to calm down with the cuteness! Seriously! We are not living close enough to you! If we were you can bet that we would have to stop by frequently for cheek pinches and hugs! I am so happy you were able to have the infamous RED DRAGON!!! The pictures are adorable! You got super lucky with the rain holding out too! Lucky! I can't imagine the heat though! Whoo! P.S. you are NOT fat!!!

Susan said...

Had to sneak over from Think Pink to see what Preston's costume was. Holy COW! Was he ever precious in that dragon costume!!! How do you keep from just eating him up??!!
Sounds like you're lucky his dad is your ex. Not a good role model. You're going to raise Preston so much better than that.

Greene Family said...

So much to celebrate on Halloween - what a precious gift Preston is!!
He is the cutest red dragon I've ever seen!! I love the pictures, especially the first one in his costume - too much cuteness! I'm so glad that you were able to make an exchange for the costume! It looks like Preston had a fun weekend with trick or treating and the fall festival! Yay for an adult only Halloween party too!
Wow - you guys got a lot of rain. I'm glad it held off during trick or treating. Seriously - what is wrong with your ex!? You look great!

Tiffany said...

I just love Preston's costume! Soo adorable and look at all that candy..oh my!

marrah said...

cutest dragon i have ever seen!!! cant wait to see you guys!!! xoxoxox

Caden and Mommy said...

Adorable fall festival pictures, I like Preston's football outfit - cute! Where are the pics from the adult Halloween party? I'm sure you had a great costume! Your ex - what a tool! Who does this guy think he is and why is love so blind?! You look great! RRR! Men! Love that Preston trick or treated his own house multiple times, cute! Preston is the cutest/scariest red dragon! Yeah for Javier's Mom for saving Halloween!

Unknown said...

What a cute lil red dragon Preston made. Happy your friend still had the costume. I'll be looking for more pictures of that adorable huggable son of yours on FB and hopefully not miss it....GRRRRRR FB the bad thing about the new layout is they took away the right margin area where pictures or items people have posted will remain for a few days if you didn't see it in the News Feed (sorry for the digression)

Mandy said...

So glad that you found a costume for Pres. to wear. He was soooo cute in it. Wishing it was hot and humid here. Instead it is cold and wet ( rain mixed with snow) eewww!

Rosie said...

Kim, Preston is the cutest red dragon ever. But then again he always looks great in all the pictures. Destiny always blows kisses to him.. Hope to meet you guys one day