Sunday, November 15, 2009

Our Busy Weekend

We have had two busy weekends! Last weekend my Aunt Pat and Uncle Dennis came down for a visit.  It’s always nice to have company in the house.  Aunt Pat bought Preston his newest obsession-Lightening Bugs.  These are gummy snacks but they come with tweezers that has a red light so when you pick up the fruit snack it glows.  Very cool.  Please pray we don’t lose the tweezers.  Here are some cute pics from last weekend.

IMG_0873

IMG_0871

IMG_0890

IMG_0882

Gosh! Isn’t he handsome? When you are told your child may be different you immediately start thinking of the strangest things.  Here were some of my thoughts: Would my son look so different that no one on a grocery line would ever comment he was cute?  Would my son go to the prom?  Would my son play any sports?  Will he be invited to birthday parties?  Ok well so far the cute comments have been over the top throughout his four years on Earth, the prom is still many years off but I am pretty confident he will go.  Sports-he loves watching them and is getting really good at catching and throwing so I am sure Little League is in his future.  Oh and the birthday parties----WOW!  He is invited to a lot.  Even for children NOT in his class anymore. This weekend he was invited to a party at Inflation Nation-an inflatable world for children and adults.  I must say I truly enjoyed the slides.  On Saturday morning I woke up to, “MOMMY! WAKE UP! WE ARE GOING TO MISS DECLAN’S PARTY!”  This is a child that cannot be roused before 7 and even then I literally pull him out of bed by his feet.  I look at my clock 6:45.  Seriously?  The best part of the party was when Declan opened his gifts.  Preston’s was the first on the table.  His parents had not even put the gift down in front of the birthday boy, when Preston screamed across the table, “We got you cars Declan!”  I had to explain the element of surprise to Preston-that we don’t tell people what it is.  I did laugh though.  Here are some pics from the party.  I will update mid-week about our fun adventures today! 

IMG_0931

IMG_0976

IMG_0965

14 comments:

Jaime said...

He is most definitely handsome Kim! I just love the new close-up picture! And too cute about the birthday party. The element of surprise is a hard thing for kids to figure out. They are just so excited about the present they can't contain themselves. Glad to hear that you have Mr Popular on your hands!

Melissa Swartley said...

Looks like some good times! Preston sure is handsome! Who needs school photos, that close up of him is perfect! What a cutie! I think he is going to have one pretty and lucky lady on his arm when he goes to prom, heck he'll probably have 2 pretty lucky ladies, one for each arm! Too funny how he shouted out "we got you cars!" Glad to see he had a blast! I seriously love going down those slides! FUN!

Leong Family's said...

Kim, love all the pict especially with the close up and the picture both of you. He is really handsome. He so funny and cute when he told Declan about the gift. Glad Preston had so much fun.

Jennjilla said...

Funny you should bring up how cute Preston is - I was totally thinking when I saw the first picture how stinkin' cute that kid is! Looks like y'all had fun!!!

mel said...

I think Id REALLY like to go to Inflation Nation. It looks like SO much fun. Its a good thind Matt didnt have to take preston to the party (not that he could sans wheels) bc that waiver would have thrown him for a doosey!
Also, that is the best pic of Barb and her little monkey to date!

The Wymers said...

I agree with Melissa - he probably will have a gaggle of girls to accompany him to the prom! All of us with girls will have to keep them away from him once they're all older! LOL!

Love, love, love, that he yelled out what present he got his buddy at the party, both my girls still do that! :o)

Unknown said...

Parties are just so much fun for kids whether it is their own or their friends. Tickled pink to see their friends open the gift they brought for them. So cute!!! Preston is just such a handsome boy...how can any girl seriously pass him up as a prom date. Ashleigh just loves him!!

Unknown said...

Aside from the outrageous cuteness, which I will address momentarily, you're telling me there are gummy bug snacks out there with tweezers that LIGHT UP?? Get out!! Are these a Ukrop's special? I must find them! The pictures are beautiful...I know you've told me before, but you have to share again what kind of camera you use. That boy is going to have TOO MANY prom dates! Not a bad thing, as long as he remembers who the number one gal is in his life...Mommy!

Lisa said...

I know exactly what you mean about all of those questions that we have when we first get this diagnosis. Suddenly, your world has changed so much you can't imagine how it's going to be - and here 4 years later things are just amazing and that's how it is for us 5 years later too. Very cool.

Greene Family said...

Preston is SO handsome!! Adorable pictures! I love the close up picture of him outside! I agree - he'll have lots of girls wanting to be his prom date!
Crack me up - I love how excited kids get about gifts and how they can't wait to tell the person what it is! It looks like you guys had a fun time!
Where did your aunt find the Lightening Bugs? Simon would probably go crazy over those!

Jaime said...

I was just showing Caitlyn the pictures of Pres and she said and I quote "those are some cute pictures of him." Next summer!

Mandy said...

Your so right he is handsome! I just want to eat him up every time I see his picture.

Andrea would freak about the bugs!LOL she is extremely girly!

Tonya said...

So, you already know my thoughts about your son and his GORGEOUS face. You already know I totally LOL at the part with him waking up before 7 and you know I want to see pics of you going down the slides! I'm so jealous! Their so much fun!!

Laura Wolf said...

Love all the cute pictures of Preston. Yes, Kim he is handsome! Audrey gave me a little chuckle as she loves looking at all the pictures. She saw you and Preston together and said, "Look he's with his sister" Glad to know we don't age in the eyes of our children.