Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Beauty and the Beast

Preston is getting very into making scary faces for the camera. It is hard to get him to not make a ridiculous face! I cannot even believe I am posting this picture-it's so hideous but he finds it hilarious! Here is my handsome boy:


And here is my little monster:

And he is eagerly awaiting Halloween. For weeks he has been harping on being a spider. Old Navy has a cute costume, I figured I would get it this weekend. Until yesterday he decided he wants to be a dragon. OK. A red one! After scouring the Internet I have not found a red dragon costume that was not for an 8 year old. I broke the news lightly. It went down like this:
Me: Pres there are no red dragon costumes. What about Spider Man?
Pres: I don't want to be Spider Man. I want to be a dragon. Go find a blue one or a gray one.

Mel believed he would forget about it. Yeah, not so much. Today in the car...he remembered that LAST YEAR his friend Javier was a dragon...a freakin red one! In fact I have a picture of it! I think Javier's mother made that costume and we do not need to go into my un-craftiness now do we? I am thinking of buying the costume from his mother. Although Javier is one of the tallest boys in school which would force me to go back to the tailor.

Speaking of the tailor....I have successfully negotiated a price on all pants at $6 a pair. This is a break from the $9 I paid in NY. You had to see me trying to explain to the new tailor that I will be a great customer if she would give me a good price. I told her my son is a little person. She looked at me like, well what the hell else would he be? So each week I am bringing her like 3 to 4 pairs so as not to inundate her with 20 pairs all at once. (20 includes pajamas and sweat pants before everyone starts going 20 pairs WTF is wrong with you)!

Have a great rest of the week everyone!


12 comments:

Unknown said...

That face is hysterical. I love how they do things strictly for shock value now!! He's still so handsome, even with a googly-eye face! I saw this online - maybe something to check out? http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/lynnsherbs/items/2T_Halloween_Costume_Plush_Red_Dragon_Wings_Fire_Hooded
Good luck with the red dragon! I will keep an eye out!

The Wymers said...

LOVE the face! Would Pres be okay with a green dragon? Nikki's on this dragon kick right now too and we found her this sweatshirty type costume at Target that has the wings and the head on the hood, all that's left to find are some green sweatpants and she's good to go. Lots of different sizes too, I think hers is a 12-18mo because we allowed for some growing dressup room, but I think they went larger. You could probably check it out on their website. Just an idea anyways.

Good luck! :o)

Leong Family's said...

Kim, although he make a scary face, he still the cute little dude, the scary face make me laugh. Good luck with the red dragon finding!! Can't wait to see him in that costumes.

Mel said...

Its amazing how P can look so cute in the first photo and so scary in the next. Its about as scary as the fact that Matt found someone to date. What was his pick up line- hey, im an unemployed deadbeat dad with no money or car? i mean, was that really appealing? Anyway, I digress, I will help the hunt for a red dragon!

Melissa Swartley said...

LMAO on this whole post! Preston you are too funny with your scary silly faces and I can't believe you remembered your friend had a red dragon costume! Oh geez, looks like he is getting to be too smart to fool huh Kim?! Great deal on the negotiating for $6 a pair! Too funny, I can only imagine the look you got when you told her he is a little person! Good luck with the Halloween costume hunting!!! did I just say that, man I got to catch up and start hunting myself!

Unknown said...

Pres is not only a smart kid but has a great memory. Totally age appropriate in his little monster facial expression...cute as a button down to his matching shirt and shoes. He would make the cutest ever red dragon.

Greene Family said...

What a character - Preston cracks me up! I love that face! Such a cutie with all of his silliness!
If Preston is willing to settle for a green dragon costume, Costume Express still has them in stock. I'll let you know if I come across a red one anywhere.
Yay for negotiating a good price with the tailor!

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim! 1st, I think your friend Mel needs to start a blog of her own. She is a hoot! 2nd, Preston is a CHARACTER! That is quite the scary face! I love that Preston is so set in his ways on his Halloween costume and I totally knew where you were going with the fact that Javier's mother made the costume and you have no freakin clue how to sew! As usual your post made me laugh! THANKS!!!

Mandy said...

I am so glad that I have a little girl who just wants to be Snow White for Halloween. Just a nice hem along the bottom of a dress. We have just entered the hemming stage. Ugh! Why can't they make life easier and have an LP children's line of clothing. How much could one pair of pants cost?

Anonymous said...

He is such a character! Good luck with the Halloween costume -- it cracks me up how particular he is. He'll probably change his mind the week before anyway, right? UGH -- I hear you on the clothes. I am lucky that my mom sews, so I sent her a huge box of clothes to hem a few weeks ago.

Rosie said...

Preston so too much.. Can't believe he still remembered next year halloween. Even with his silly faces, he's still a cutie

Destini said...

OK, you are making me feel like a bad mom because I don't take Trace's pants to be hemmed. I just roll them up, or scrunch them up, or whatever. We have a green and purple dragon costume that Taylor wore a few years ago - it's one of the Old Navy ones, I'm not sure what size though...maybe a 2T?